I caught a price drop!!! WOOHOO!!!

I'm sailing on the Monarch's May 11th sailing and I caught a price drop for the Cat I (Deck 8 obstructed view) cabin that we have booked. The price online was $60 cheaper per person!

I called and we also qualified for a residency discount! I live in North Carolina and my cruise buddy lives in Alabama and both states are part of the promotion. If you live in either state you may want to call and check to see if you can get the same deal!

Our original price was $399 per person (before tax), the online sale price was $329 per person, and with our residency discount we are down to $279! :D

Yep, some good deals to be gotten for residency. We just booked a 5-night on the Navigator on February 14th (Valentine's Day) for $299 per person! SWEET! As Florida residents we got some kind of discount.

That sounds like a great deal!

We are trying to do this trip as inexpensively as possible (we're both grad students) without being stingy cheap. :D So I'm very excited about this price drop, it gives us more money to swim with the dolphins in Nassau!

Our first cruise (different cruise line) we got a decent price and we kept checking and it never seemed to go up or down. Maybe it was because it was a guarantee cabin...

that sounds like a great deal!

We are trying to do this trip as inexpensively as possible (we're both grad students) without being stingy cheap. :d so i'm very excited about this price drop, it gives us more money to swim with the dolphins in nassau!

Our first cruise (different cruise line) we got a decent price and we kept checking and it never seemed to go up or down. Maybe it was because it was a guarantee cabin...

you'll love the dolphin swim....where are you doing it at?

Just got a NY residency rate on the Grandeur on Mar 7th. We originally booked a D1 balcony, but the NY residency rate reduced the price of a Junior Suite below the D1 price, so we got an upgrade AND a refund...I love it :)

Now that we are past final payment, I am checking every day. But we booked so far in advance that our prices are outrageous (very low compared to what is posted on line now). Still, as it gets closer, you never know. Love those price drops!!!

[Hi, jimmyatc in Ronkonkoma - I am just a little west of you, also in Suffolk. Ugly day today, isn't it?]

I was under the impression if you were already booked you couldn't use the residency rate special. Can anyone clarify this? Do I need to start checking the weekly promowaves? I check the RCCL home page daily for a price drop, a few weeks ago I saved $200.00 pp on my April cruise:p

I was under the impression if you were already booked you couldn't use the residency rate special. Can anyone clarify this? Do I need to start checking the weekly promowaves? I check the RCCL home page daily for a price drop, a few weeks ago I saved $200.00 pp on my April cruise:p

It depends. Sometimes, it says residency rates are for new bookings only. But sometimes it doesn't. My brother got residency rate discounts before our NOS cruise after final payment (he lives in a different state than I do).

I had originally booked with my VA residency rate for $609 and saw the price drop for VA residency today to $549. They refunded $120 to my account! I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean. :D

Originally booked on Travelocity and noticed the prices dropped by $100.00 per person. Royal Caribbean honored the price drop even tho we are paid in full. While looking at the deck plan I also noticed several Hump Cabins opened up so not only did I get a Price Drop, but a Middle Hump Cabin. I was quite surprised as I live in the NorthEast and do not have any special condition for the discount. So if you are on this cruise, check the pricing. I have cruised many times and never have we gotten a discount after being PIF. :D

I'm sailing on the Monarch's May 11th sailing and I caught a price drop for the Cat I (Deck 8 obstructed view) cabin that we have booked. The price online was $60 cheaper per person!

I called and we also qualified for a residency discount! I live in North Carolina and my cruise buddy lives in Alabama and both states are part of the promotion. If you live in either state you may want to call and check to see if you can get the same deal!

Our original price was $399 per person (before tax), the online sale price was $329 per person, and with our residency discount we are down to $279! :D

Wow, that's great. So did you check the Royal Caribbean website for the prices?

I checked the RCI website and caught the intial price drop. I had no idea about the residency discount until I got the updated invoice. The price was supposed to be $329 per person and the invoice had $279. I called them right back to verify and then they told me about the residency rate. I wondered why they asked where I lived the first time. :D

I'd like to know that too...I check the RCCL website, and my TA says that she checks every few days, but I only check my cat...do you all ALSO check the higher cats to see if it's worth it to upgrade? TIA!

I'd like to know that too...I check the RCCL website, and my TA says that she checks every few days, but I only check my cat...do you all ALSO check the higher cats to see if it's worth it to upgrade? TIA!

You should check all catagories, we had an E1 booked on Independence in April, yesterday the price for the D1 dropped, I upgraded to a bigger room and got $300 refund. In fact on our cruise the cheapest balcony now is only $200 than the cheapest oceanview!!

Checking is so important! We are leaving next Friday on Monarch - originally booked at $339 and after 2 price drops we got it for $209! (I think one was either senior rate or residency, don't remember)

Then on our Serenade in April, I looked one day and they were offering a Senior discount for a D1 but not the E2 cat we originally booked. So we were able to upgrade to a D1 one deck higher, about the same "hump" area and almost $200 cheaper pp.

So yes, check, check, and then check some more. Doesn't always work, but when it does it is wonderful!

Check everything. We are now in a D1 aft balcony for $190 (total) less than our original price for an inside cabin on Navigator.

Archived