Urgent help needed to contact Coral Princess medical staff

TexEm

I am glad to hear that your MIL received such good care on the Coral and that the doctor was so helpful in reassuring you.

On our Coral cruise to Alaska we saw an ambulance arrive at the ship while we were in Ketchikan (I believe). We thought that they were evacuating a passanger but later found out that they were actually bringing a local onboard for treatment! That speaks well for the medical services on Princess ships.

Nita--on the cruise that they missed their flight, they did have Princess Air but didn't have any insurance. The airline actually was the one who took care of booking their new flights to Jamaica out of Miami and their hotel costs in Miami and in Jamaica until the CB arrived. Then Princess refunded 3 days of the cruise fare in cash just before they left the ship. We were surprised that the airline took care of so much, thinking it would've been Princess since they had arranged their flights through Princess Air. We were also surprised at the refund because they didn't have any insurance and didn't think the cruise lines did that. Maybe this was how it was supposed to work--but even though they missed 3 days of the cruise, they ended up having a good time and felt pretty good about Princess. The staff on the CB were very helpful, too, in communicating where my inlaws were, and when they'd be joining us, etc.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

Mary

i think they were lucky and kudos to Princess. You are right, many lines would not have done that. They may have handled and picked up the air to Jamaica but the rest, I just don't know. Nice things sometimes happen to nice people.

Nita

I can't actually believe it, but I received a phone call to my cell phone at noon today from the senior doctor on the Coral Princess explaining my MIL's condition and her prognosis, which is excellent. He actually emailed me, too.

Mary

Was it congestive heart failure? :confused:

Will your MIL need medical attention off the ship? :confused:

Did they purchase Travel Insurance before their cruise? :confused:

Sandytoes--they didn't purchase travel insurance before their cruise (although they've been advised to) but I think they will from now on. My MIL is doing well now and will followup with her doctor when they get back from the trip. I was impressed with the medical care she received on the ship for what was a very serious medical condition (won't discusss details here, but I'm amazed they were able to do all they did on the ship, and all the medications they have on board). I had pictures of her being sent to the hospital in Costa Rica.

Thanks for your concern.

Mary

Yes, I'm a little misty here, too. Praise the Lord for all things - the accurate information on this board, the response of the doctor and staff, and of course for your MIL's recovery and excellent care onboard ship. Such a feel-good story with a happy ending, after your urgent plea at the beginning of the thread!

Take care and give them big hugs when you see them! :)

Archived