Which Cruise Would You Do?

avalon1025

Understand your urge to sail on the new Spirit, at the same time India to Dubai is enticing; but If I were doing india (with long air travel) would want at least two weeks on board. Considering the per diem (even tho India is less pp in vista) and air costs, the caribbean is less expensive but you may have the miles. On just itinerary, would go for India but when considering air travel would book Barbados (a plus here is you would be back on the west coast in the same time zone ready for the Holidays...coming back from India will take a few days to recover from jet lag).....good choices.

Booking a cruise for Dec 2010, Silver Spirit 9 nights Barbados to Ft Lauderdale in a veranda, or Silver Wind 9 Nights Mumbai to Dubai 9 nights in a vista...Never been to India so I am leaning that way, but would love to sail on the new ship! Help!

Hi avalon1025

If it was my choice, I'd do Mumbai to Dubai (nothing wrong with a Vista) ....so interesting culture-wise. You can do the Caribbean any old time.

Do you need a companion? :D:D:D

Cheers

Ging466

I hope you consider some extra land time in India before you board the Wind. After traveling so far it would be a shame not to see a bit more of the country than what can be accessed via port cities in one day.

The Spirit will be around for a long time and I'm sure you'll sail on her before long. You made the right decision imo.

We did Dubai to Mumbai a year ago and spent extra time in Dubai. We purposely did not stay in Mumbai very long, though I would have loved to add on the Taj Majal. I believe my trip report is here in the member reports area. If not, let me know. DO NOT get yourself on Air India!!!!!!!!!! We have 10 year India visas, and I know we will be back, but we will go back to Dubai, too and probably sooner). If the cruise includes Khasab and you pick this one, don't miss doing the dhow fjords boat jaunt. That was a HUGE highlight, along w/ the desert safari.

Wind is great and was just redone, so there is a lot new with that, too.

We are going back on Wind this December (for now) to Africa/Seychelles). I am debating sticking with it or going to a cheaper one 3 wks earlier that is not at Christmas so I can also do Spirit, too. Such decisions, but I have till June to decide.

That 9 night Caribbean is a very good value on the Spirit intro rates, and it would be a great one to snatch up. That is one of the 3 or 4 I am considering, as well.

This is a tough call. You'll have a different experience on the smaller vs. smaller ship, as we see a big difference on Shadow/Whisper from Wind.

Archived