7-mile beach...which hotel for lunch

Joie

We want to take a cab over to the 7-mile beach from Georgetown....but where do you ask the driver to take you? Is there a specific public part or any spot better than others........we want to relax on the beach, swim and also have a nice lunch.

Does someone rent beach-chairs and such?

Any info is appreciated.

Sea Grape and Reef Grill/Royal Palms are very similar. The Reef Grill/Royal Palms is near the middle of 7 mile beach and closer to the pier then Sea Grape. Their website is http://www.reefgrill.com. My daughter got married on the beach there in July. I will try to attach a picture. Both locations have chair and umbrella rentals. Cab should be $4-$5/person.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

WLF_7439.jpg.f7090004e314bf6841069ec99612d875.jpg

Seven Mile "Public Beach" is what you will ask for. Very easy when you get off the ship. There is a great beach bar at that location "Calico Jacks" Great food, Great drinks and a beautiful beach. There are chair and umbrella rentals at that location as well.

If you looking to be a bit more adventurous you can travel a bit further by taxi into the tip of west bay and have a great lunch at alfresco which is located at the beach and offers awesome outdoor dining and reasonable prices. They have great local dishes, fresh seafood and the staples for the kids and its very reasonable in price!

Enjoy you trip!

Seven Mile "Public Beach" is what you will ask for. Very easy when you get off the ship. There is a great beach bar at that location "Calico Jacks" Great food, Great drinks and a beautiful beach. There are chair and umbrella rentals at that location as well.

How much are those chair and umbrella rentals? Don't want to be surprised by the cost so I know how much to plan for. Thanks! :)

Also, everyone mentions the taxis but what about the buses?

At the Reef Grill/Royal Palms the chairs are $5 and the umbrellas are $10. The buses are $2.50/person. If I remember correctly they do not come to the pier - you have to go to the library to pick them up but that is close to the pier. When you come back to the pier you can flag them down very easily.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

At the Reef Grill/Royal Palms the chairs are $5 and the umbrellas are $10. The buses are $2.50/person. If I remember correctly they do not come to the pier - you have to go to the library to pick them up but that is close to the pier. When you come back to the pier you can flag them down very easily.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Is the Reef Grill/Royal Palms beach area super crowded?

Kim - it really depends. If you get there and you feel like it is too crowded you can always walk down the beach until you find a spot you like and drop your towel there. Then if you get hungry or thirsty you can grab something at the Reef Grill and use their facilities. I would check out http://www.caymanport.com to see how many cruisers will be on the island when you are there. Then I would go to http://www.reefgrill.com on a day that has a similar number of people scheduled in port and check out the webcams to see how busy they are. There are not a lot of beach areas along 7 mile beach that have facilities that are available to cruisers so the ones that do are very popular. If you don't care about facilities the beach at Cemetary Reef is very uncrowded and the snorkeling is wonderful.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Kim - it really depends. If you get there and you feel like it is too crowded you can always walk down the beach until you find a spot you like and drop your towel there. Then if you get hungry or thirsty you can grab something at the Reef Grill and use their facilities. I would check out www.caymanport.com to see how many cruisers will be on the island when you are there. Then I would go to www.reefgrill.com on a day that has a similar number of people scheduled in port and check out the webcams to see how busy they are. There are not a lot of beach areas along 7 mile beach that have facilities that are available to cruisers so the ones that do are very popular. If you don't care about facilities the beach at Cemetary Reef is very uncrowded and the snorkeling is wonderful.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

I just looked at the date that we will be in port in May and with four cruise ships, it says there could be upwards of 10,000+. Is this a lot? :confused:

Archived