Diamond or Sapphire Anytime Dining

Miramar

For anyone who has sailed the Diamond or the Sapphire and done Anytime Dining-- I know reservations are necesssary on these ships but my question is do they still have the shared table option/option to join others on these ships or does everybody eat with just their own party since you pretty much have to have a reservation- just can't walk in anytime. I assume that a reservation entitles you to a table for just your party without having to ask further, but was hoping someone could clarify. Thanks.

I haven't been on yet but I assume that you could dine with other if you choose to. Just let them know when you make your reservation that you would like to be seated with others. I am sure they will love you since it makes it easier for them if you want to sit with others.

We were on the Sapphire last month and had anytime dining and not once did we make reservations. Since we eat early, around 5:30 p.m. we just walked up to the restaurant and was seated either a table for two or there were times we were seated at tables for 4 and six. Not a problem.

Marilyn

If your preferred dining time is 7:00 -- 7:30, can you just show up and have much likelihood of getting a table without a tremendously long wait?? I've been confused about this, also. Do any of you past Diamond and Sapphire cruisers have any direct experience with this???

We ABSOLUTELY were forced to make reservations for the "popular" dining times. I started a thread in this regard two months ago!

Speaking only for the Diamond and not the Sapphire, yes, we were given 6:20 or 8:20 as the times to eat and they'd ask, "How many in your party?"

We answered "Two." So that's exactly the size table we sat at every night.

We even asked if we could be seated with others and were not allowed to.

However, I believe if you go around 5:30 like others have suggested that it won't be a problem to sit with others. On the other ships with PC dining it ran much more smoothly. Our only problem was being so restricted with the dining times on the Diamond. That being said, it certainly did not put a damper on my cruise (we've booked it again)

We were on the Diamond last week and if you book a reservation then they just book for the amount of people in your group. If you walk up without a reservation they ask, if there are no tables of your size, if you would like to dine with others. The tables for two are like dining with a group anyway as they are fairly close together. We only dined alone twice but loved the getting to know those at the tables around us when we did.

When you book a reservation they do like to get you to pick either 6:20 or 8:00 but there was lots of walk ups too. We thought it was a great way to dine and would have found the traditional dining times to rigid (having to pick only one time) within the activities we chose to do. We ate at different times throughout the week depending on how we felt and what we wanted to do in the evenings.

Sue

Diamond Princess 11/04

Star Princess 11/06/05

Archived