HEY TOM! - Paradise Beach

Cahira

Ok I just gotta ask.....how does one bring milk to Paradsie Beach?

Is it not available locally, I don't get it! Am I being blonde?

What else would one desire from the states if they lived in Cozumel?

Thanks.

See ya in April Tom!

Ok I just gotta ask.....how does one bring milk to Paradsie Beach?

Is it not available locally, I don't get it! Am I being blonde?

What else would one desire from the states if they lived in Cozumel?

Thanks.

See ya in April Tom!

Cozumel is an island & milk is not always available.

I'm thinking I should retire & move to Coz with a few milk cows & open a Krispy Creme Donut shop. :p

Yikes! Yer gonna have to send me another reminder in November when I actually get my 2010 daytimer, lol!:D It'll be good to see you both again...the Boys staying home this time?

Hey Tom, yep we are leaving their butts at home, lol It's a lot more fun without 'em! :D Have a cold margarita ready for me!

We are planning on coming to PB on 3/25 on the Navigator. We were there a couple of years ago and were looking forward to bringing our kids this trip. We arrive at 8:00 am--does that mean 6:00 am Coz time and we have to wait 3 hours before PB opens??? Can we come earlier ??? Thanks

Hey Tina & Kristi!!

How've ya been. I'm hitting Cozumel again in a couple of weeks with my crew. Love Paradise Beach and want to go back someday, but we'll be diving again this time. Some friends of mine who don't dive may end up there with my daughters though. If so they'll be looking for Tom.

Don't forget to behave without the boys! Hope to see you again someday.

Hey Tina & Kristi!!

How've ya been. I'm hitting Cozumel again in a couple of weeks with my crew. Love Paradise Beach and want to go back someday, but we'll be diving again this time. Some friends of mine who don't dive may end up there with my daughters though. If so they'll be looking for Tom.

Don't forget to behave without the boys! Hope to see you again someday.

Hey Doug, so good to hear from you. I'm sure you are excited about your MSC cruise. I can't wait to see how it compares to your other cruises!

Hope you all are doing well. Tina and I just did our annual "girlfriends" trip on the Freedom a few weeks ago. We had a terrific time. The only downside to that cruise is that we didn't get to go to Cozumel. Can't wait to return there.

Hey have fun diving and make sure you keep in touch. Are you going to be doing a review when you return from your cruise?

We are planning on coming to PB on 3/25 on the Navigator. We were there a couple of years ago and were looking forward to bringing our kids this trip. We arrive at 8:00 am--does that mean 6:00 am Coz time and we have to wait 3 hours before PB opens??? Can we come earlier ??? Thanks

I have the same issue, we're planning on coming on march 16th with a group of about

20 people.

Our carnival ship hits the port at 8am ship time which will be 6am local.

Can we come to the beach right away, will the chairs be out.

Or will things be locked up.

What time do you open?

Thanks,

Sunil

Hey Doug, so good to hear from you. I'm sure you are excited about your MSC cruise. I can't wait to see how it compares to your other cruises!

Hope you all are doing well. Tina and I just did our annual "girlfriends" trip on the Freedom a few weeks ago. We had a terrific time. The only downside to that cruise is that we didn't get to go to Cozumel. Can't wait to return there.

Hey have fun diving and make sure you keep in touch. Are you going to be doing a review when you return from your cruise?

I'm anxious to see how we like MSC too. I just put a deposit down on another MSC cruise for NEXT April because the quad cabins disappear so quickly. I figure if I don't like it, I can cancel and go elsewhere for next year, but this way I now have one of the few aft balcony cabins that can handle 4 people.

There are so many active folks on our roll call for next month that there will probably be several reviews, so I'm not sure if I'll do a separate one, but if not, I'm sure I'll chime in on someone else's.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I was just excited to find you and Tina again, and wanted to say Hi! Everyone Loves Paradise Beach!

Tom -

My wife and I visited PB several years ago and we are coming back on June 29 (Monday) bringing our daughter with us. How many ships are in port on a Monday? How crowded will you be? We want to do the Atlantis submarine as soon as we get off the ship, then head to the beach for the rest of the day. Do you think this plan will work?

Donnie

I'm anxious to see how we like MSC too. I just put a deposit down on another MSC cruise for NEXT April because the quad cabins disappear so quickly. I figure if I don't like it, I can cancel and go elsewhere for next year, but this way I now have one of the few aft balcony cabins that can handle 4 people.

There are so many active folks on our roll call for next month that there will probably be several reviews, so I'm not sure if I'll do a separate one, but if not, I'm sure I'll chime in on someone else's.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I was just excited to find you and Tina again, and wanted to say Hi! Everyone Loves Paradise Beach!

Hey Doug, your cabin choice sounds wonderful! I just have to tell you that you were one of the friendliest roll call members I have ever met. You have a great personality!

Have you thought of trying Carnival? I bet your kids would love it!! We have a group cruise going on the brand new Dream next February. Details are on the Carnival board, only $25 deposit for the next few days. I looked at the renditions of it and honestly it reminded me somewhat of the Mariner as far as size (130,000 gross tons) and a huge open promenade.

And of course it goes to Cozumel! :D Can't wait to hang out there again.

Oh and Tom, my dh is disappointed he won't get to go to PB with us. But maybe this time we won't have all the drama as last time, ha ha ha ;)

Hey Doug, your cabin choice sounds wonderful! I just have to tell you that you were one of the friendliest roll call members I have ever met. You have a great personality!

Have you thought of trying Carnival? I bet your kids would love it!! We have a group cruise going on the brand new Dream next February. Details are on the Carnival board, only $25 deposit for the next few days. I looked at the renditions of it and honestly it reminded me somewhat of the Mariner as far as size (130,000 gross tons) and a huge open promenade.

And of course it goes to Cozumel! :D Can't wait to hang out there again.

Oh and Tom, my dh is disappointed he won't get to go to PB with us. But maybe this time we won't have all the drama as last time, ha ha ha ;)

I do want to give Carnival a try. I'm doing MSC because kids sail free. We'll find out next month if we like them or not; if we do, it's hard to justify paying twice as much to do another cruise line. Plus, because of the shortage of quad cabins, MSC switched us to two connecting doubles instead of one quad cabin, so I ended up with side-by-side balconies for less than what it would have cost me for one inside cabin on RC or Carnival.

Anyway, truthfully, I'd rather go to Cozumel and stay for a week. :D But I do enjoy cruising, and my kids love it. And with the help of Cruise Critic, they're able to "meet" other kids their age and get to know them a bit (e-mail) before we go, so that makes it even more fun for them.

Take care,

Cozumel is an island & milk is not always available.

I'm thinking I should retire & move to Coz with a few milk cows & open a Krispy Creme Donut shop. :p

Sounds like a good plan;) So now that I understand the milk thing, how does one bring milk to Paradise Beach:confused:? Are they taking it from the ship? (you payed for it so I guess you could do that) What other things do they miss out on in Cozumel?

Thanks for helping me with my ignorance:o

I know, I hadn't seen you on CC for awhile. I guess we are running in different circles. So do kids still sail free on MSC? What is your itinerary? If your daughter isn't in to diving, I think she will have a ball at PB. All I can say is look out Tom when Tina and I hit the place, lol

I know, I hadn't seen you on CC for awhile. I guess we are running in different circles. So do kids still sail free on MSC? What is your itinerary? If your daughter isn't in to diving, I think she will have a ball at PB. All I can say is look out Tom when Tina and I hit the place, lol

Kristi -

I've been staying pretty much in the MSC board lately and the general MSC board seems to have a lot of arguments between people who love MSC and people who hate it, so I've mostly just been posting in our Roll Call. We've got an active roll call and lots of fun people. We're having a meeting at the start of the cruise, and again near the end to catch up. I thought that was a good idea.

Kids 17 and under sail free if they are the 3rd/4th passengers in the cabin. I end up paying about $50 each for fees and taxes for 2 of my kids. We're going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman again (diving both spots) as well as Key West and the Dom. Republic. I know the girls love Paradise Beach. I have a picture of them with Tom from 2006.

Tom - Watch out for these guys!

Happy Cruisin!

Sounds like a good plan;) So now that I understand the milk thing, how does one bring milk to Paradise Beach:confused:? Are they taking it from the ship? (you payed for it so I guess you could do that) What other things do they miss out on in Cozumel?

Thanks for helping me with my ignorance:o

MYSSEE,

we go to the breakfast buffet on ship with our beach bags and fill them up with 1/2 pints of milk the morning we dock in coz and take it to PB Tom.

the bartenders put it in the fridge coolers for him till he gets to take it home.

i took him 12 on feb 3rd. i think he gets alot of milk from cc cruisers.

bubba

Hey Tom,

After reading all the reviews, I decided to take my wife to Paradise Beach. We are going on this Cruise for our honeymoon and Paradise Beach sounds like the perfect place for us. We were in Cozumel in 2004 and swam with the dolphins and rented scooters and had an absolute blast! This time, we want to take it easy and your place looks like the right place for us. Drinks, guacamole, massages, and a clean beach and water. Man, I can't wait. So we will be there on April 10 and look forward to meeting you. You want anything in particular from World Famous Las Vegas?

MYSSEE,

we go to the breakfast buffet on ship with our beach bags and fill them up with 1/2 pints of milk the morning we dock in coz and take it to PB Tom.

the bartenders put it in the fridge coolers for him till he gets to take it home.

i took him 12 on feb 3rd. i think he gets alot of milk from cc cruisers.

bubba

I am sure the cruise lines don't appreciate that and it might even violate Mexican law. Just my opinion, but Tom should adjust to drinking the milk here and not rely upon people stealing from the ships. Yes he gets a lot of milk, probably has to throw it away often.

I am sure the cruise lines don't appreciate that and it might even violate Mexican law. Just my opinion, but Tom should adjust to drinking the milk here and not rely upon people stealing from the ships. Yes he gets a lot of milk, probably has to throw it away often.

I seriously doubt that Tom would throw away any milk. He is a very generous person and probably shares if he gets overloaded with it. We aren't bringing gallon jugs of it--just single serving cartons. And we aren't stealing.:p

Charles, has it come to the point where even if you have no clue, you just have to make something up in order to post? Jeeeze. I can't even remember the last time I was blessed with 2% milk off the ship. Throwing it away? Yeah, right. And I can't believe that YOU, don't know the law as it pertains to bringing milk off a cruise ship. Actually, you must be an impostor. The real Charles knows everything about everything!!! Oh, and thanks for your opinion. I'll give it all the due respect it deserves. You must not be a milk drinker 'cause the stuff that passes for milk around here is a weak imitation, and I have not gotten used to it in the 12 years I've lived here...

Have a great day!:)

Actually I love milk, have always been a big milk drinker all my life. When doing field work in northern Mexico which happens to produce very fine quality fresh milk, I adjusted to using Nido, powdered whole milk. I adjusted quite easily to the boxed milk which most consider acceptable ,especially when very cold. Mega has finally been stocking fresh milk, not always, but with regularity. I prefer fresh milk too and buy it often as possible, but just regard adjusting to the boxed milk as one sacrifice one makes in exchange for the many positives.

Cruise lines besides wishing to supply their passengers and not those on shore, place restrictions on removing food products which might be subject to restrictions such as fruit in U.S. ports and Mexico is protective of beef importation to avoid the possibility of mad cow disease being imported.

Archived