Turkey for Thanksgiving on the Emerald?

gogispu

Hi,

Am trying to decide between Princess (Emerald) and another cruise line. Only negative that my kids are complaining about is that we were on the CB for Thanksgiving 2007 cruise and no real Thanksgiving dinner. Am wondering if there is such a thing because other cruise line does a "traditional" meal.

Anne

Since I wasn't on the CB with you I won't tell you that you are incorrect but, on all the Princess cruises I've been on, and none of them at Thanksgiving, Turkey was a menu item one night on each sailing. My SIL always ordered it and said it was very good. I do believe I remember reading several reviews of sailings during Thanksgiving '08 and they all mentioned a "Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner".

The Sapphire had a traditional thanksgiving meal. Both of my kids had it and thought it was wonderful. They also had a pumkin theme with soup, pasta and a variety of deserts.

I on the other hand had the lobster since it was a formal night! My logic to my kids was that if the Pilgrims were with it, they would have eaten lobster for the meal, also. :D:D

The thanksgiving week cruise had a lot of families, but was still a great time.

That's what I needed to hear!. My kids are normaly the pickiest eaters to say the least and didn't think that it was a big deal to them but when we didn't get it on the Caribbean princess they were quite disappointed. So..hope they have some pumpkin pie left for this year. I agree..give me lobster over turkey any day

Anne

Archived