Boarding time?

Mags65

My documents say that boarding starts at 4pm for my cruise (11/20 Constellation out of San Juan), which leaves at 11pm. I've seen posts, which I believe relate to this same cruise, which have mentioned boarding as early as noon. Is it possible to board earlier than the documents say, or did I just read those other posts incorrectly? Or is early boarding just for certain passengers? Thanks!!

i'm also curious about this as well. we arrive in fort lauderdale at around 10AM on departure date and were wondering if we should head straight to the cruise docks or just hang around the airport? if boarding isn't allowed, would we be at least able to drop off our luggage and see the sights and sounds of fort lauderdale? what is the earliest boarding time allowed?

thanks!

david & thanh & baby isabelle

We arrived at Port Everglades at 11:30 and we were able to board. For the San Juan cruise, they tend to start boarding later because the ship leaves so late and many of the passengers who arrive the day of departure have flights that only arrive in the late afternoon. Unless the ship is using the late boarding time to give their crew some time off, I would guess you could start boarding at around 1, even though it says 4.

If the ship arrives in time and the passengers all get off timely Celebrity will normally let you on board early.

At times you may have to carry your carry-on luggage with you while stolling the ship until your room is ready.

It's much more fun walking around the ship waiting for your room to be cleaned than sitting in the airport or sitting at the port.

I commended them for letting us on early on our last cruise out of Rome.

idssms

We just got off the 10/31 Canal cruise on Infinity and we were told in advance (at the last minute) that we would probably not be able to get on until 2:30. But we had to be out of our FTL hotel at 10:00 so we went to the cruise terminal anyway. We were first on at 10:45. And they loaded a ton of people right behind us.

Archived