How many pools are kids allowed in?

odden

The Grand, I know children are not supposed to use the forward pool, the one "in" the Lotus Spa area.

However, we have occasionally seen a child. Generally, provided the child is not "being" a child - jumping, screaming, splashing, no one complains. If no one complains, we have found that none of the ship's personnel will say anything.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying what we've experienced. We haven't cruised with children in years and when we, hopefully, bring our granddaughter, in the future, we will not visit that pool, but will use the main pool in midship.

The midship section welcomes children.

I'm not sure about the stern pool, but we tried several times to use that pool and always found it too windy on sea days.

The Lotus pool on the Grand has posted hours when it is adult only and when it can be used by children with adult supervision, I think it was 12-3 or something around that. The aft pool is adults only all the time.

Guess that's new. Last March and July the Lotus pool was always posted as adults only.

One thing to keep in mind is that your child MUST be completely potty-trained even to use the pool(s) where kids are allowed. No diapers or "swim" diapers are allowed due to sanitary reasons. All it takes is one "mistake" to completely shut down the pool for a day or longer while it's disinfected and cleaned.

Guess that's new. Last March and July the Lotus pool was always posted as adults only.
It may be old, actually. I presumed it was still in effect as OP saw children there--and Princess is generally good about shooing out kids when they don't belong. If you saw a more recent sign that did not have 'kids hours' as part of it, then it is more likely.

It may be old, actually. I presumed it was still in effect as OP saw children there--and Princess is generally good about shooing out kids when they don't belong. If you saw a more recent sign that did not have 'kids hours' as part of it, then it is more likely.

I'm the one who saw children in the pool, despite the sign indicating adults only.

There weren't many of us who used this particular pool and we "got to know" many of the regulars. The children we saw were 3 different children, from 3 different families, apparently only children aboard with their parents. The children were always very well behaved, way past diaper age (youngest maybe 7). It never happened that they were there at the same time. Two of the families didn't speak much English and a couple of different people had pointed out the sign saying Adults Only to the parents who ignored it - but who knows if they understood what it said.

Several people (over the time we were on the ship) approached ship's personnel and asked them isn't the pool adults only. They each said "yes, are you complaining about the child in the pool? If you are complaining, we will ask them to leave." None of us wanted to "complain", the kids were behaving.

I did notice that the aft pool was seldom in use and did see older kids (10 -13) in the pool with their parents watching. Since it was empty, no one complained of course. The pax age in the lotus pool seems to be above 60 (!) but I did see one time a kid the pool. That pool gets a lot more use than the aft pool as it is protected from the wind more. This was on the Grand Princess.

I guess I'm just mean but I complain immediately when a child enters the adult only pool. It is adult only and that is why I am there. Truth is I consider an parent who "overlooks" this rule to be rude. And before you toss wood on the fire let it be known I love kids....I have spent much of the last two decades coaching youth sports and being an adult scout leader. I truly appreciate the fact that this parent is reseaching her options!

I guess I'm just mean but I complain immediately when a child enters the adult only pool. It is adult only and that is why I am there. Truth is I consider an parent who "overlooks" this rule to be rude. And before you toss wood on the fire let it be known I love kids....I have spent much of the last two decades coaching youth sports and being an adult scout leader. I truly appreciate the fact that this parent is reseaching her options!

I too did the time with youth groups when our two were growing up. Now that they are gone, I appreciate the quiet time. There is a reason the young have children! Thank you to the parent that is wanting to adhere to the rules concerning the pools.

th_df.gif

Archived