D1 vs E1 on Radiance Class (Serenade OTS)

zelker

Which would you choose: a Deck 9 D1 just aft of the midship elevator with a super long balcony or for almost $1100 less, a Deck 8 E1 that's four cabins forward of the mid-ship elevator with regular size balcony and about 30 sq ft smaller cabin? This is for a 14 night cruise. Have never sailed RCCL so any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A few questions for you to consider....

1. Is the extra space (30 sq. ft) worth the $1100???

2. Is the extra balcony space with the $1100??

3. How much time do you actually spend in your room?

4. Could that $1100 be used somewhere else to enhance your vacation? Drinks? Excursions? Spa treatments? Airfare? Etc??

These are all things you have to consider. We will be in an E1 balcony, and it was much cheaper than the D1 and I don't see that much of a difference.

I guess you just have to ask yourself if it is worth the extra money??

Personally... I would go with E1 and have great excursions and treat myself to some drinks and maybe even some Bling with that extra $1100!!!

That would be a "no brainer" for me...take the D1. Personally I love the aft cabins, but many would kill (OK, not literally!!:eek:) for one of the "hump" cabins...at least that's what your description sound like. Bigger than normal balcony and close to the elevators....great location.

The Serenade is my favorite ship...have sailed on her twice with another two weeks coming up. You will absolutely be awed...at least I hope so. She is a beautiful ship!

Which would you choose: a Deck 9 D1 just aft of the midship elevator with a super long balcony or for almost $1100 less, a Deck 8 E1 that's four cabins forward of the mid-ship elevator with regular size balcony and about 30 sq ft smaller cabin? This is for a 14 night cruise. Have never sailed RCCL so any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Are you talking about cabin 9092 on deck 9???

If you are referring to 9092, I would take it in a minute. If you have to ask the question, I assume that you can afford the extra $1,100. Also the cabin on deck 8 will have a view of the canopy above the life boats if you look straight down. The cabin on deck 9 will be straight down to the water!

BILL

Are you talking about cabin 9092 on deck 9??? What cabin on deck 8 are you comparing to?

BILL

Yep - 9092 vs. 8076.

A third possibility is 7652 or 7654 but the photos I saw make me a little apprehensive about these two with the view aft looking towards some crew staircase and a bunch of other view-stifling ship stuff - even with those huge balconies. This is for our second Alaska cruise, BTW, if that makes a difference in opinions. :confused:

Mokaheena - we do spend time in our cabin. We like to get away to our own little piece of peace and quiet -- read, watch the world go by through the binoculars, whatever. We're pretty spoiled in that out of 4 cruises, 3 of them have been in suites but we're on the "economic crisis" vacation this year so splurging on a suite is not an option.

Barb

Yep - 9092 vs. 8076.

A third possibility is 7652 or 7654 but the photos I saw make me a little apprehensive about these two with the view aft looking towards some crew staircase and a bunch of other view-stifling ship stuff. :confused:

Just edited my last post...see last post...:D:D

BILL

We've looked out over lifeboat canopies before so that's not a deal breaker. Have you stayed in 9092?

Have been it for a party, have not stayed in it. The balcony is HUGE! :D

Plenty of your OWN space and out of the wind!:D

BILL

Yep - 9092 vs. 8076.

A third possibility is 7652 or 7654 but the photos I saw make me a little apprehensive about these two with the view aft looking towards some crew staircase and a bunch of other view-stifling ship stuff - even with those huge balconies. This is for our second Alaska cruise, BTW, if that makes a difference in opinions. :confused:

Mokaheena - we do spend time in our cabin. We like to get away to our own little piece of peace and quiet -- read, watch the world go by through the binoculars, whatever. We're pretty spoiled in that out of 4 cruises, 3 of them have been in suites but we're on the "economic crisis" vacation this year so splurging on a suite is not an option.

Barb

If you're on the 14 night Ultimate Alaska cruise that leaves Vancouver on Sept 19, 2009 I will be in the cabin next door, 9094. Someone must have given up 9092 ~ looks like you will be the lucky benifactor; Congrats :)

If you can comfortably afford the larger cabin, stay with it! For 14 nights you will have the pleasure of a little more roominess and the awesome balcony.

Think of it this way, it's going to cost $78 per night for the space to stretch out a little more. On our Alaskan cruise, we spent most of our sea days and all our mornings on our balcony.

Archived