Main seating wait list

Dawn Berry

Hello all!

We are going on our second Princess cruise on 12/2 (Sun) and we are wait listed at #293 for Main seating. My question is, if we don't make it to the top of the list, will they automatically place us in PC dining or try to put us in regular late seating? We had regular late seating on our first Princess cruise and our table was one of 3 regular tables in the PC dining room! It made our dinners rather awkward as our server was taking care of us and several other rotating tables at the same time - in other words, we didn't like it. We really really don't want PC dining as we love the experience of meeting our table mates (large tables) and eating with them the rest of the cruise, it is just too exhausting to meet new people every night at dinner and go over the same things over and over again. (anyone else feel the same way?). So, if they do put us in PC dining, how hard will it be to get into a regular dining option once onboard?

Thanks!
Dawn

IF you do have PC dining, you can always request a 'large' table, meet the people, and, if you'd like, sit with those same people at the same time at the same table every night. If you're not happy with the people, you can always make the same request the next night (for as many nights it takes to find a group you like). You can definitely request/reserve for the same time and/or same table every night, if you like that aspect.
Basically, with PC, you CAN have any, or all, of the features of regular dining (same people; same table; same waiter; same time; etc.) if you'd like, BUT you are not obligated.

Dawn - if you do not clear wait-list, you will automatically receive PC dining. IF you are unhappy with this, go see the matride on the first day (as soon as you can). Sometimes I have had luck with this and other times, I have not.

I feel the same as you. I always dislike the first night at dinner. You go thru getting to know strangers. I have usually like my dinner partners, some very, very much. I can't imagine going thru this every night of my cruise.

I didn't realize when I booked how many people seem to get stuck in PC against there wished. You'd think if this is truly the case they would add main/late setting and less PC. I had trouble getting Princess to even waitlist me for the main, I only knew about it from this board. They kept showing my as asking for PC and having it confirmed. The TA called three times before it got changed and that put me at 218. I have only gone down to 190 in a month doesn't look like I have much hope.

Next time I'll make sure they have seating avalible before I book:)

PC dining is not our personal choice. Fortunately, we've been able to get second seating traditional dining on three out of four of our Princess cruises. The problem with PC dining for us was that we never got to sit with other people because we tended to go late (to avoid waiting in line). At the times we were going to the dining rooms (after 9 p.m.), no one else was requesting to eat at tables with others. We ended up getting tables for two the whole week even though we always let the maitre d' know we were open to dining with other people.

A friend of mine just got back from her Sun Princess cruise. She says she's not going on Princess again unless she can get traditional dining.

I'll repeat a suggestion I've made several times before--Princess needs to make one of the PC dining rooms traditional. I never hear of a waitlist for PC dining. There seems to always be one for traditional dining.

I am one of those who wanted to get the traditional dining and at the moment we are still onm a waiting list, does not look good...:(

Why on earth do they still have 2 PC rooms when so many want to get the traditional and have to be waitlisted for it??? :confused:

Good luck for those who are on a waitlist!:)

My wait list for Main just cleared....for April 2005....There was an error and my TA put us down for early.....lucky we were able to switch - I have heard you don't want to be on PC on the new Diamond/Sapphire ships...

Anyway - It will be easier to switch over to PC if we find Main too late.....there is not an easy solutiion - either too early or too late ---or PC with "other" hassles....

The good thing is that you can always just "do your own thing" and eat at one of the "other" venues - you will never starve on a ship...

but it's best to have a nice table, with nice shipmates to share the day's adventures with and enjoy eachother's company.

JMHO. GotToCruise (aka Renee)

PINEVIEW01 -
re:
"ppythag , hmmmmmmmmm maybe I should make you sit with me Than I'd have someone I've already "met" before to get me over the first met nerves"

fine with me!-----
(and, if I remember correctly, don't we share a birthday too?)

I have had early seating,, and because none was available last cruise I was on I got late seating. Now that I have had late seating I wouldn't have it any other way. This allows husband and I to have an afternoon nap.:p Also we can go to the earlier show and remember what we saw. Then to late dinner at 8. We can linger with our dinner table mates and then talk a walk and go to bed or for a drink after. This may seem silly, but at home we are early eaters and early to bed. We just dont want to spend the whole cruise sleeping. It works for us!:rolleyes:

Wow, lots of replies!

Normally we get late seating (with whatever cruise line we are on) because, we too, like to nap and lounge around with a drink after dinner with our table mates (on RCCL its with coffee and whatever layered "shot" they are serving for the evening mixed in - I really miss that). But, I have recently been diagnosed with a stomach problem (esophagial erosion, hyatal hernia, ulcer and gall bladder trouble) so, I didn't want to have to eat that late (since I'm not supposed to lay down until at least 3 hours after I eat). I realize that we can get early seating with the PC dining, I just think we will miss out on getting to know the same people so well. We are still in contact with every single person we have eaten dinner with from the past 7 cruises! It is just so nice to feel like a big family by day 2!

Happy Cruising!
Dawn

Archived