Cab to Alaska Brewing costs --anyone know how much?

CincinnatiGal

I will speculate that is will be about $40 round trip. BUT contact Capital Cab 907) 586-2772 direct and inquire. There is no restaurant there. I've driven there and taken the city bus. Not sure the worth to a first time visitor when there is so much else to see and do??

$40 r/t is a good guess-timate. You can charter the cab hourly, and last I checked Evergreen Taxi and Juneau Cab Co. had slightly less spendy charter rates than Capitol Cab.

No brew-pub restaurant at the Brewery, but pick your favorite choice restaurant anywhere in town... the Alaskan beer is so common, you'll find it everywhere you go.

Just my opinion, but I would probably rate the Brewery pretty high on my list of "must do" things for a first (or second or third) trip to Juneau...

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

We took a cab from city center to the brewery and it was just under $30 about 4 years ago. We really enjoyed it and my husband was very glad we did it. I was pregnant at the time so I didn't have any beer, but they have root beer on tap as well as a nice selection of their beers and ales. Because we got there on our own (not a tour) we got a personal tour and my husband was able to talk to one of the guys about kegged beer, where to get it in southern Oregon, etc. They also have a selection of t-shirts, hoodies, glassware, etc. It's not a grand building or anything, but my husband appreciated the intimate tour and was able to ask questions.

BTW, the tour is actually going into the keg room, discussing the beer making process and the history. You really don't walk through the brewery as it's quite small. I would recommend this for those that want to taste Alaskan Brewery beer and have an interest in beer. If you aren't a true beer lover, especially micro-brews, this probably isn't the best excursion. My husband is quite the micro-brew connoisseur so he had a keen interest and LOVED it.

Maria

We took a cab from city center to the brewery and it was just under $30 about 4 years ago. We really enjoyed it and my husband was very glad we did it. I was pregnant at the time so I didn't have any beer, but they have root beer on tap as well as a nice selection of their beers and ales. Because we got there on our own (not a tour) we got a personal tour and my husband was able to talk to one of the guys about kegged beer, where to get it in southern Oregon, etc. They also have a selection of t-shirts, hoodies, glassware, etc. It's not a grand building or anything, but my husband appreciated the intimate tour and was able to ask questions.

BTW, the tour is actually going into the keg room, discussing the beer making process and the history. You really don't walk through the brewery as it's quite small. I would recommend this for those that want to taste Alaskan Brewery beer and have an interest in beer. If you aren't a true beer lover, especially micro-brews, this probably isn't the best excursion. My husband is quite the micro-brew connoisseur so he had a keen interest and LOVED it.

Maria

Maria, this is exactly why my husband wants to go there -- he makes his own beer as a microbrewer and everywhere we go he wants to learn more from others. Yes, I think this is worth finding!

CincinnatiGal

Another alternative would be to rent a car for not much more than the cab fare and spend the rest of the day exploring Juneau - of course that would limit how much sampling you could do at the brewery!

I think you got the right answer here for us! I am going to look into this this week and see what the rental car costs are for Juneau!

Thank you for being so helpful!

I just love Cruisecritic.com!

CincinnatiGal

Since your husband is a home brewer I am sure he will love this tour! My husband hasn't brewed.....yet! but he loves beer tastings, visiting local micro-breweries, and watching over his kegorator. We live in Oregon, which is the world's capital for micro-brews (even more per capita than Germany!) so it was a treat to visit Alaska Brewery. The fellows there are extremely knowledgeable and those we met worked there from the beginning, and do whatever job needs to get done from serving the tourists to bottling, to roasting the barley! By the way, the tasting/tour is free. :)

Maria

I think you got the right answer here for us! I am going to look into this this week and see what the rental car costs are for Juneau!

Thank you for being so helpful!

I just love Cruisecritic.com!

CincinnatiGal

You need to look only at Rent A Wreck out of Juneau. If in port late, the $15 add on downtown drop fee is well worth it.

Archived