Which Hilton Property would you stay at?

lallak1

Ok, thanks to these boards, we've concluded that FLL is the best area of Florida for us to spend our 2 days pre cruise in April (10 -12, so right in the middle of most spring breaks!).

Now, dilemma 2, is which Hilton property would you choose? We have enough points to stay at any of them, so the question then becomes, which is the nicest, most accessible to what FLL has to offer, etc? We like some down time at the pool, but also like to spend time walking and getting to know an area, as well as doing a little shopping. Access to nice restaurants/lounges for the evening hours is important as well.

At this point, we are on the fence as to car or no car, so that shouldn't be an overriding factor in the decision.

Thoughts?

Linda

I will second the Hilton Grande in FLL. We stayed there back in October for our Crown Princess cruise and the hotel was great. I think it's a 40k honors point hotel. We had a room with a view of the harbor where the cruise ships berth. We watched two NCL ships and a Celebrity ship depart the day before we left. The next morning when we got up the Crown was berthed right across the causeway from our room, very cool view. The port entrance is directly across the street from the hotel, again very cool and very convenient. It was also nice to sit out on the balcony that evening when we got back from dinner. Very relaxing. Hope this helps,

Bob

If you would like to see the pictures I took in April 08 here you go........... http://picasaweb.google.com/mamatrouble/FLLGrande02#

Very nice pictures. The one of the lobby looks like it belongs on their website!! It looks staged with the lady casually standing at the front desk with her luggage in hand.

Did you have your breakfast at the hotel? If so, how expensive was it?

We just got back from the Hilton FLL Beach Resort. The one bedroom king suite was great!!! It was the nicest room we have ever had. It is a little further North on A1A, but not too far. The pool area was great. It had a nice cafe that had great pastries in the morning, and for all other meals they great crepes and brick oven pizzas. It was close enough to walk to all of the shops and restaurants (very close to Casablanca, which was very good) on A1A, and wasn't too far from Port Everglades. (It definitely isn't as close as Grande, but I think the rooms are much nicer):) I guess it depends on what you want to be closer to, because I'm sure they're both great.

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites and we were very happy with the hotel. The breakfast and happy hour are well worth the extra money.

Plus, it is also close to the water taxi and the suntrolley. We had 2 grocery stores very close, and lots of restaurants and shops.

I think that the Hilton on the beachfront is gorgeous, and it is in a great location. Skip the hotel restaurants and check out Casablanca and H20, and get the water taxi or suntrolley or cab and go to Las Olas Blvd downtown for more dining and shopping.

The Gallery One Doubletree on Sunrise Blvd is also a nice hotel. It is on the intracoastal waterway, next to the Galleria mall and several restaurants and 2-3 blocks from the beach. You can also walk a few blocks west to Gateway plaza which has an old movie theatre and shops and restaurants. This plaza is so busy that it is really hard to find a parking space on Saturday nights.

These 2 hotels are only a mile from each other, and under 5 miles from the port entrance.

I think that the Hilton on the beachfront is gorgeous, and it is in a great location. Skip the hotel restaurants and check out Casablanca and H20, and get the water taxi or suntrolley or cab and go to Las Olas Blvd downtown for more dining and shopping.

The Gallery One Doubletree on Sunrise Blvd is also a nice hotel. It is on the intracoastal waterway, next to the Galleria mall and several restaurants and 2-3 blocks from the beach. You can also walk a few blocks west to Gateway plaza which has an old movie theatre and shops and restaurants. This plaza is so busy that it is really hard to find a parking space on Saturday nights.

These 2 hotels are only a mile from each other, and under 5 miles from the port entrance.

I just wanted to say I love your avatar. We used to have a kitty like that, we named him "Boo" because it looked like he was wearing a halloween mask. He was one of the most loving kitties I have ever owned. I miss him a lot. :(

I just wanted to say I love your avatar. We used to have a kitty like that, we named him "Boo" because it looked like he was wearing a halloween mask. He was one of the most loving kitties I have ever owned. I miss him a lot. :(

I'm sorry about your loss. Thank you, we love her a lot. Her name is Victoria, AKA little kitty because she's 11 years younger than her "sisters". She likes to snuggle in my lap, especially when I have a throw blanket over me. My friend crocheted oreo cookies for her, and she carries them all over the house and drops them in front of me. She showed up on a friend's doorstep when she was just about 10 weeks old, and when I visited, I just fell in love.

The only bad thing about a cruise is leaving the cats behind...

Ok, thanks to these boards, we've concluded that FLL is the best area of Florida for us to spend our 2 days pre cruise in April (10 -12, so right in the middle of most spring breaks!).

Now, dilemma 2, is which Hilton property would you choose? We have enough points to stay at any of them, so the question then becomes, which is the nicest, most accessible to what FLL has to offer, etc? We like some down time at the pool, but also like to spend time walking and getting to know an area, as well as doing a little shopping. Access to nice restaurants/lounges for the evening hours is important as well.

At this point, we are on the fence as to car or no car, so that shouldn't be an overriding factor in the decision.

Thoughts?

Linda

Either the Hilton Bentley in South Beach or the new Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Hi ..I just came home from a cruise on the Carnival Splendor and we stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach resort.. I would Recommend this one over the Grand.. The couple we cruised with stayed at the Grand, we took the watertaxi from our Hotel to the Grand and We all agreed The Hilton Beach Resort (505 N. Ft. Lauderdale) Was spectacular compared to the Grand, I wish we had more to time to enjoy the the hotel location and next year we may very well go a few day earlier to enjoy the hotel & surrounding location. The Pool area is really impressive, Bubba Gumps not far aware a Great place for lunch (We took the water taxi) a stop or 2 away from the Hotel (by water taxi)is a Very nice shopping mall with a great food court, you are right across from the beach! Hands down I would stay at the Hilton Beach Resort! I think the watertaxi was $12 or $13.00 and you can ride it all day, it is also a great & very inexpensive way to get a water tour or the area. Another thing I just thought of The Jacuzzie type bath tub was REally Great we had a seperate little kitchenette area with hotplate microwave sink & fridge a sofa in seperate room with a nice balcony looking at the water. I could go on because I was THAT impressed But I think you get the idea:) Either way have Fun!

Archived