Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

lcantwait

I was on Glory Eastern 1-17-09. We had a very good waiter in the Platinum dining room we had late seating. I ordered the warm chacolate melting cake EVERY night!! After 3 nights Wayan (our waiter) caught on and brought me the recipe printed out!! It was scaled down to serve 10 people. Can't wait to try it at home!!:p

Oh I would love to see that recipe!! That was my absolute favorite dessert while on the Sensation and I am looking forward to having it again when I sail on the Valor in May.

BTW I think it's Chocolate Molten cake but I could be wrong. Doesn't matter; it's still heaven!! :)

Please share! I was on the Inspiration earlier this month and the Maitre'd said he'd be bringing the recipe around but he never made it to our table that night. I bought the cookbook and was crushed to find out that it wasn't included.

Please fill us in!

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

1 lb dark baking chocolate

1 lb butter

10 eggs (at room temperature)

1 1/4 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

Melt the chocolate and butter together.

Mix the eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes, then add the flour.

Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix

Pour the mix in a greased pan (use ramekins)

bake in the oven at 400° F for 14 minutes

Found this online not sure how many this will feed, but it looks like a few at least. LOL

They handed the recipe out to those of us on the CCL Splendor Galley Tour a couple weeks ago. Here ya go. I have "re-written" the recipe to be more in accordance with typical recipe style and format.

Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

(served with vanilla ice cream)

Makes 10 portions

11 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate

11 oz. Butter

7 Fresh Eggs

4 oz. Sugar

6 oz. Flour

Melt chocolate & butter. Mix half eggs & sugar and whisk briefly; add flour and continue mixing. Add the remaining eggs, mix. Combine egg mixture with the melted chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into ramekins. Bake pre-heated oven at 360 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream in smaller 2-oz. ramekin cups. If desired, garnish with chocolate chips and/or powdered sugar.

*Edited to add: Wow, quite different from the one posted above mine. Interesting!*

Straight from George The Greek...on the Inspiration.

Melting Chocolate Cake served with Vanilla ice cream

Ingredients:

Semi Sweet Chocolate......... 11 oz.

Butter.............................. 11 oz.

Fresh Eggs........................ 7 ea.

Sugar............................... 3 oz.

Flour................................ 4 oz.

Method:

Melt Chocolate & Butter

Mix half egg & sugar and whisk for a few minutes & add flour. Then add the balance egg.

Add egg mixutre to the melted chocolate mixture

Pour the mixture in the ramekin cups

Bake directly in the oven at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes

Serve with vanilla ice cream in 2 oz. ramekin cups.

Garnish:

sweet chocolate

Chocolate Sauce

powder sugar

Portions 10

If anyone tries this let me know how it turned out. Remember to convert the oven temp.

i too just got back from carnival valor cruise and had the cake every night as did the 30 people traveling with me. almost better than sex!!!ha whats the recipes cause we forgot to get it???:o

If you look two posts up above yours I posted the recipe. I got it in the dinning room from the Maitre D', George The Greek, a few weeks ago while on the Inspiration. Let us know how it turns out if you make it. ;)

thanks so much, i am going to make it in a couple weeks for post cruise party. will let you know how yummy it is.:):):)

Straight from George The Greek...on the Inspiration.

Melting Chocolate Cake served with Vanilla ice cream

Ingredients:

Semi Sweet Chocolate......... 11 oz.

Butter.............................. 11 oz.

Fresh Eggs........................ 7 ea.

Sugar............................... 3 oz.

Flour................................ 4 oz.

Method:

Melt Chocolate & Butter

Mix half egg & sugar and whisk for a few minutes & add flour. Then add the balance egg.

Add egg mixutre to the melted chocolate mixture

Pour the mixture in the ramekin cups

Bake directly in the oven at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes

Serve with vanilla ice cream in 2 oz. ramekin cups.

Garnish:

sweet chocolate

Chocolate Sauce

powder sugar

Portions 10

If anyone tries this let me know how it turned out. Remember to convert the oven temp.

You guys are welcome...I just copied it over...I meant to post it when we got back and just hadn't taken the time to do so. Please post back here and let us know how good it is!!! :)

I may try to make it tomorrow. I just need to find the ramekins. It seems like such a simple recipe for such a wonderful delight. I think I'm going to go to sleep so that tomorrow will come quicker! Thanks for posting the recipe.

I may try to make it tomorrow. I just need to find the ramekins. It seems like such a simple recipe for such a wonderful delight. I think I'm going to go to sleep so that tomorrow will come quicker! Thanks for posting the recipe.

they have them at Wal-mart :D

I was on Glory Eastern 1-17-09. We had a very good waiter in the Platinum dining room we had late seating. I ordered the warm chacolate melting cake EVERY night!! After 3 nights Wayan (our waiter) caught on and brought me the recipe printed out!! It was scaled down to serve 10 people. Can't wait to try it at home!!:p

Thanks for sharing, but it's been posted before (lots of places)... remember Google is your friend.

On this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=427940&page=2

Warm Chocolate Cake

phillyBurbs.com

Butter and flour for preparing pans

5 whole eggs

5 egg yolks

7 tablespoons sugar

8 ounces bittersweet chocolate

9 ounces unsalted butter

10 tablespoons flour (measured, then sifted)

Fresh raspberries

Butter and flour individual ceramic custard or souffle dishes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, or 375 degrees if you have a convection oven.

Whip the eggs and the egg yolks with the sugar. Melt the chocolate and butter until just warm. Incorporate the egg-sugar mixture into the chocolate and butter. Mix in the sifted flour.

Fill prepared dishes two-thirds full. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes in a conventional oven, or about 7 minutes in a convection oven. The cake is done when the center just starts to puff up, and the cake begins to form a skin on top. Do not overbake. This makes about 15 servings.

And here.... http://www.mysanantonio.com/life/food/Recipe_Carnival_Cruises_Warm_Chocolate_Melting_Cake.html

More... http://bb.affordabletours.com/viewtopic.php?p=47758&sid=9ba81cb10b3d3a635a6316ae5bef60dd

:p

They handed the recipe out to those of us on the CCL Splendor Galley Tour a couple weeks ago. Here ya go. I have "re-written" the recipe to be more in accordance with typical recipe style and format.

Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

(served with vanilla ice cream)

Makes 10 portions

11 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate

11 oz. Butter

7 Fresh Eggs

4 oz. Sugar

6 oz. Flour

Melt chocolate & butter. Mix half eggs & sugar and whisk briefly; add flour and continue mixing. Add the remaining eggs, mix. Combine egg mixture with the melted chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into ramekins. Bake pre-heated oven at 360 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream in smaller 2-oz. ramekin cups. If desired, garnish with chocolate chips and/or powdered sugar.

*Edited to add: Wow, quite different from the one posted above mine. Interesting!*

I would love to make this, however, i am somewhat limited (actually microwaves my best friend :p) in the cooking skills department. Couple questions that may sound dumb to all you experts :p.

I do know what a ramekin is, they come in different sizes i see, what size do i buy?.....

Heres the one i may get laughed at for though, how does one measure in ounces, im used to like a tsp. here and a half a cup of something there.

Sorry if i sound dumb, wnat to try and make this though.

Thank you to anyone who responds ;)

Archived