Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

lcantwait

P1000540-1.jpg

It deserves two scoops!:D

:D:D:D:D

*sigh* Sweet memories! Thanks for the pic...all this chocolate talk and I went to grab a Ghiradelli Chocolate brownie that I made earlier today. But after seeing that pic, this brownie isnt cuttin' it!

Basically, except served in the ramekin with a side of vanilla ice cream! :D Dig right in with your spoon.
Oh yeah...I can see that trying not to gain weight on the cruise is going to be a challenge. :)

(BTW -- here's a photo of the molten chocolate lava cake)

2ni2o9x.jpg

That looks yummy too!!! I like the cherry on top.

The Choc Melting Cake will not quite be that firm....its almost like a cross between a souffle and cake..some nights it can be firmer than the next, and so forth. But the taste is always amazing!

Most of our servers would bring extras. And you can order coffee with dessert too...

Code

I never thought to ask for a second ice cream...I'm adding it to my list for May.:)

Two years ago our waiter, Anok, who was wonderful, asked on our fourth night at dinner if I'd be having my "regular" for dessert. It's amazing how they remember. He'd have a hot tea ready as soon as he saw us, he knew I was always chilly in the dining room.

:p

I do know what a ramekin is, they come in different sizes i see, what size do i buy?..... I have not yet had this - looking forward to our May 3 trip though, after reading this thread...... but I would guess 4 oz since the recipes note to serve the ice cream in a smaller 2 oz ramekin.

Heres the one i may get laughed at for though, how does one measure in ounces, im used to like a tsp. here and a half a cup of something there. It will have the size on the bottom of the ramekin.

Sorry if i sound dumb, wnat to try and make this though. You don't sound dumb at all. We all had to learn somewhere. Hope you enjoy the dessert!

Thank you to anyone who responds ;)

Good luck with your baking.

Kathy

i had the chocolate warm melting cake every night during my trip on Conquest.

Now after seeing the ingredients, i dont know if that was such a good idea.

:rolleyes:

Maybe next time you'll go with the fruit cup or the sugar free apple pie. ;)

Ok Heres the deal.

Order the melting cake and the tropical fruit.

Dip the fruit into the melting cake and eat it that way. OMG, to die for...

FINALLY...somebody gives some props to the tropical fruit. :cool:

The fruit is awesome also, just needs melting cake on the side.. :D
On the sample menu on the Carnival site, they list fruit soaked in tequila. I gotta try that at least one night. :)

I never saw that and I just got off the Spirit on Sat. ummmm
Here's a menu from the 8 day Carnival Splendor inaugural cruise, July 2-10, 2008. If you're talking about the tropical fruit marinated in lime juice with a touch of tequila, it's about 1/5 of the way down the page, on the page listed as D71A.0308.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/menus1.htm

i had the chocolate warm melting cake every night during my trip on Conquest.

Now after seeing the ingredients, i dont know if that was such a good idea.

:rolleyes:

BLASPHEMY!!! Of COURSE it was a good idea! You were on vacation! Calories don't count on vacation. :p

On our Ecstasy cruise in December, I ordered it every night with an extra vanilla ice cream AND a glass of milk...and the table next to us had to make fun of my milk every time...all in good fun , of course...and if anyone knows how many calories is in the WCMC with two ice creams and one milk...keep it to yourself...I dont wanna know :)

I fully planned to buy that book and forgot after telling myself for a whole year i gotta have that cookbook for the warm choc melting cake recipe.

There was so much written about the bitter n blanc i tried it of course it was only served 1 night the same night they served tiramisu , I dont make a habit of 2 desserts but yummmmmmmm so worth it.

Now if I could just get the spinich salad recipe, which I ordered because I was on a mushroom kick, Portabellas with baby spinich leaves ,bacon some kind of cheese , and I dont know what else ..........just to die for. Usually dessert is my favorite part of a meal but this salad is amazing if you havent tried it. And served only the one night.

Thanks for post the WCMC recipe its a favorite of ours.

Here is a picture of my son's melting cake. Like I said in a previous post he had it EVERY night! We were on the Glory 1/24/09. Renee was our waiter and was a hoot!

trip201resize.jpg

I just had to see it again!!!! YUMMO!!!

Archived