Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

lcantwait

Heres the one i may get laughed at for though, how does one measure in ounces, im used to like a tsp. here and a half a cup of something there.

Use a scale - the ounce is a measure of weight, teaspoons and cups are measures of volume.

All this talk of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and having it every night means you are missing out on the BEST dessert on Carnival. :)

That would be the Bitter & Blanc....it is the BEST! :p Warm brioche bread pudding with vanilla sauce over the top and a layer of bittersweet chocolate in the bottom of the ramekin...don't miss this one kids!

Just my not so humble opinion. LOL :D

You can have fluid ounces too...4 ounces = 1/2 cup.....8 fluid ounces =1 cup, etc.

That picture seems to show it being alittle firmer than most. Its more cakey.. Last week they were much runnier? Is that the word for it?

This night it was a little more cakey, but still had some goo in it. There were some other nights where it was very gooey. Some people in our group did get the fruit to dip in it. My son didn't try it with the fruit. Unfortunately I am allergic to chocolate so I couldn't indulge.

:p

Heres the one i may get laughed at for though, how does one measure in ounces, im used to like a tsp. here and a half a cup of something there.

Sorry if i sound dumb, wnat to try and make this though.

Thank you to anyone who responds ;)

I have a hard time with weight recipes too but the one I use is more traditional. I have made this myself countless times and it turns out perfect every single time.

If you can't use the batter all at one time then it can be refrigerated for a couple of days.

1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (8 ounces)

1 stick salted butter (8 ounces)

1 stick unsalted butter (8 ounces)

5 eggs (room temperature)

5/8 cup sugar

2/3 cup flour

powdered sugar to taste

Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. In a bowl, mix together eggs and sugar and then add flour. Slowly wisk this into the chocolate mixture. Pour into greased (Pam) 4 ounce ramekins. Bake at 400 degrees for 11 minutes for nice gooey cakes or longer for a more cakey style.

Dust with powdered sugar.

You will LOVE it!

:p

I would love to make this, however, i am somewhat limited (actually microwaves my best friend :p) in the cooking skills department. Couple questions that may sound dumb to all you experts :p.

I do know what a ramekin is, they come in different sizes i see, what size do i buy?.....

Sorry if i sound dumb, wnat to try and make this though.

Thank you to anyone who responds ;)

You can do a google search for "convert ounces to cups" or "convert ounces to tablespoons" without the quotes and you'll get several converters to us that will calculate it for you. Good luck!:D

Archived