Interline or Winifred

coevan

I've never been on the Winifred, but we did go on Interlinesail. It was wonderful! Captain Omar was a gem of a guy, the Slo' Dancin' was a lovely boat, lunch was good, couldn't have asked for a better time!

Omar will give suggested locations to sail to, but I'm sure if you had a specific location to sail to, he would take that into consideration--just ask.

You can't go wrong with Interlinesail.

We sailed on the Winifred last Jan. Despite all of the fabulous reviews about Winifred we were disappointed. The battery was dead so our sail was at least an hour late leaving. No apology, no extra time, no discount. All 6 of us felt that there was not enough food at lunch - it was rationed. We still had a good time, but I think our expectations were very high based on review on this site.

We have booked with Interline for next Feb. and I have been very impressed with them and the ease of booking. They rearranged their scheduled based on our time in port, even if we are the only 2 on the sail! So I can't compare, but I have not seen any negative reviews of Interline.

I have read some other posts in regard to the food. Bring an extra sandwich was one suggestion. Although the ship is beautiful, older and more classic design then the newer looking Interline. We are booked on the Winifred in late Dec., thinking about changing. Any more input?

:) My family sailed on the Winifred in October and would like to say that our lunch was served in style and was delicious! Sharon uses teak trays, lead crystal luncheon plates, rose wood bronze flatwear, and cloth napkins! She even bring flowers from her garden! The salad over flows and we ate all the bread in the basket so her mate cut more for us. The left overs from our plates Tommy gathered together to feed the fish. Wow was that a picture treat. Tommy made great cookies for us too. We did have to wait a bit to start our sail as the other couple from another cruise ship were running late so Tommy and Sharon kept us laughing and slattering on more sunscreen. We just had a really lovely one of a kind day and will go again in a heart beat. We posted more if you wish to read it on the review further down the other post. Hope this helps.

My husband and I sailed on the Winifred November 7th and we had a fabulous time! Sharon was a wonderful host, she reminded us of a young Katherine Hepburn. Tom was a lot of fun to talk with and a great help at finding interesting underwater creatures. Trainee Stephanie (?), was very friendly and helpful as well. We sailed with 2 couples from Texas, which made for quite a fun day. I thought lunch was delicious and the rum punch was SO good! I would not hesitate to book the Winifred again.

I will never forget the beautiful day we spent sailing on the Winifred and the wonderful people we met.

Hey AMC40 - Was your November cruise your 'winnings' from EOS Feb.04?

I am glad to hear your experience aboard the Winifred was as wonderful as ours. How nice that it was just you and your husband - did you leave the kids home? As you know, we booked her in Feb04 for our family of 5 and had the best day of our entire week. The food and drink were plentiful as well as the good conversation and laughs. I thought Sharon and first mate Tommy were most accommodating.

We are scheduled to be in St. Thomas for a day in April aboard the HAL Zuiderdam and are considering rebooking the Winifred. But we may need a larger boat. Winifred's cap is 6 persons. What's the capacity of Interlinesail?

Anne- I never sent you the CD from the Feb04 cruise - are you still interested?

Sophie

Hi Sophie! It is me and yes the cruise was from our winnings on EOS. We had a wonderful time, just the the two of us. We sailed on Serenade of the Seas, it is a beautiful ship and has a great itinerary.

I forgot you had sailed on the Winifred. We really had a fabulous time, definitely a highlight of our cruise. Are you taking the kids on your cruise in April? Are you doing the eastern or southern route? We're taking the kids April 17th on the Jewel of the Seas, western 6 day cruise.

If it's not too much trouble, I would love to see the CD.

Anne

AMC40 -

Looks like you sailed The Winifred the day before we did. We sailed 11/8 which was the exact date of our 7th wedding anniv. My parents also joined us. We truly had a great time.

I would have to agree with a few other posters, though, regarding the food. The food itself was very good. However, the portions were very small. My husband and dad are too "grown" men with healthy appetites and after a morning of swimming and snorkeling there was not enough food for them!

Otherwise, though, it was a great experience!

We sailed on the Winifred on 11/16 and it was the highlight of our cruise!! Captain Sharon is wonderful. She is quite the story teller and hostess. I had never snorkeled before and she and her first mate guided me right through it. She takes a total of 6 out on her vessel (we only had 4 the day we sailed). It was the most enjoyable and relaxing day that I ever had.

The food was good and the rum punches were out of this world.

I can't say enough good things about it. You can't go wrong if you sail with her!

Jodi

Archived