When is Sensation out of drydock?

jmss1950

:confused: Does anyone know when Sensation completes her drydock? We just booked a quick getaway with one of the "new" balcony cabins on Empress Deck, and can't wait to see what they look like.

Thanks and happy cruising.

:confused: Does anyone know when Sensation completes her drydock? We just booked a quick getaway with one of the "new" balcony cabins on Empress Deck, and can't wait to see what they look like.

Thanks and happy cruising.

We also booked one of the "new" balcony cabins, U121. I wonder if Carnival will post new pictures of the ship on the website, or if it will be the generic pictures of the upgrades?

I'm wondering if those new balconies will be covered or totally exposed.

How many decks are getting the new balconies and extended balconies? It sounded to me like they were not doing the entire decks in balconies, more like sections.

Thanks Tom-n-Cheryl I am looking forward to any pictures of the new balconies. Our PVP said that the new balconies were going mid ship and aft on main, upper and empress decks, and that if they proved to be popular, all the Fantasy class ships would undergo the same upgrades.

Happy cruising.:)

Thanks Tom-n-Cheryl I am looking forward to any pictures of the new balconies. Our PVP said that the new balconies were going mid ship and aft on main, upper and empress decks, and that if they proved to be popular, all the Fantasy class ships would undergo the same upgrades.

Happy cruising.:)

Thanks - and you enjoy the "new" Sensation next month!!

:DYippee! We have an upper balcony room on March 15.Hope we got a new one!

If you did not book a suite, and have a balcony on upper it WILL be "new", as there have not (previously) been ANY balcony cabins on the ship which were not suites.

Tom

of the Sensation after she comes out from drydock.. I always get a lot of pictures, so I'll make sure to post some of the upgrades..

That would be great - we'll then have some (distance / mine) exterior photos, and plenty of interior and deck photos!!!

Tom

I don't know which I am more excited about: the upcoming pictures on 2/12 of the new Sensation or my cruise on the Sensation 3/22....

Which there doesn't seem to be a roll call for...I'm thinking we might be the only ones on the boat!!!!:D

we sail on the sensation in june. Can't wait. only the balcony suites at midship on the upper deck are getting extended balconies and the rooms are getting a little larger. The rest are the same size as the oceanview was prior only adding the balcony. Most of the balconies are being added in the back of the ship.

I don't know which I am more excited about: the upcoming pictures on 2/12 of the new Sensation or my cruise on the Sensation 3/22....

Which there doesn't seem to be a roll call for...I'm thinking we might be the only ones on the boat!!!!:D

We have friends who are sailing next Sunday on Sensation. They were bumped from another cruise and were upgraded from an ocean view to a Penthouse Suite. What luck. We have never been upgraded in 30+ sailings! They are first timers so I hope they have a wonderful time and get hooked like the rest of us!

Are you saying that if I am booked in a E87 cabin, we will have an extended balcony???

we sail on the sensation in june. Can't wait. only the balcony suites at midship on the upper deck are getting extended balconies and the rooms are getting a little larger. The rest are the same size as the oceanview was prior only adding the balcony. Most of the balconies are being added in the back of the ship.

Talk about luck !! I have no doubts that they won't be hooked; I just hope that their next cruise isn't disappointing to them because they were put in the Penthouse Suite vs a commoner's cabin. :)

We have friends who are sailing next Sunday on Sensation. They were bumped from another cruise and were upgraded from an ocean view to a Penthouse Suite. What luck. We have never been upgraded in 30+ sailings! They are first timers so I hope they have a wonderful time and get hooked like the rest of us!

We don't have much of a roll call going for our 3/26 cruise either.

We don't have much of a roll call going for our 3/26 cruise either.

That is, almost more often than not, the case with short sailings. Every now and then you will have a roll call with dozens of CCers - though 3, 2, or ONE (yourself) is the norm! :eek:

Tom

Are you saying that if I am booked in a E87 cabin, we will have an extended balcony???

On the new ship layout I have I do show E87 is one of the new balcony suites. It isn't an extended balcony though. Only the cat 12 suites on the upper deck are extended. All of the new balcony suites are the same size as an oceanview but you get the balcony However when I asked this same question to my pvp I was told that if I was in one of the cabins that were being upgraded to a balcony I would have the option to upgrade to a balcony or I would be moved to an oceanview. She stated that I would not get a balcony for the same rate I was booked for. We missed the balcony suites by one cabin so I didn't have to fight them for the free updgrade.

We are sailing her this Thursday in a "new" and extended balcony. I saw a couple comments that only the Cat 12 mid ship are getting extended balconies and that isn't really accurate. Some Cat 12s are getting an extended balcony creating, I guess, a Cat 13 as there are two levels of a Cat 12 now. But Cat 8E is also an extended balcony and those are aft on Upper and Empress. They are larger than the other Cat 8's, but certainly not more "extended" than the mid-ship suites with extended balconies.

We are sailing her this Thursday in a "new" and extended balcony. I saw a couple comments that only the Cat 12 mid ship are getting extended balconies and that isn't really accurate. Some Cat 12s are getting an extended balcony creating, I guess, a Cat 13 as there are two levels of a Cat 12 now. But Cat 8E is also an extended balcony and those are aft on Upper and Empress. They are larger than the other Cat 8's, but certainly not more "extended" than the mid-ship suites with extended balconies.

Yes, when we booked our Sensation cruise for March 26, we were also offered a non-suite extended balcony vs a suite balcony. We opted for the standard balcoony U210 8B.

Archived