Artemis

the english lady

English Lady, are you on the P909 departing May 10th? If so my husband and I are on that one too. We have been on Adonia, Oceana, Oriana and Arcadia but this will be our first time on Artemis and are really looking forward to it - 13 weeks on Sunday!

You say your husband has booked you in for a meal in the Conservatory - I thought that was the name for the buffet - and how do you book before you board? On the other ships you can only book the select dining once you are on board.

Annie:)

Yes I agree Annie. The Conservatory is where you have buffet breakfast and lunch, but in the evenings, it changes and one side becomes either Indian, Thai, etc. etc. - the other side is for the other menu. I'm sure you can only book once on board.

I think they do gift voucher meals which include a bottle of wine for the alternative dining venues....that is one way of booking before boarding, but we've never had trouble getting a table on the day we want, if you book on embarkation afternoon...when everyone else is unpacking....

I'm ever so good at confusing people, my main aim in life. It appears in the evening it turns into The Grill. basically all he has done so far is paid the extra charge for dining in there. Could not book an actual table for a set night, until we board, but it's paid for. I was just wondering if anyone has eaten a meal in the Grill and what it was like.

Jean

Try it once...go on ....honestly you are missing out....

It is worth the supplement, the service, quality and presentation of the food is 100% better than the main restaurant, then come back on here and tell us what you think;)

I dine in Arcadian Rhodes and Orchid. on every cruise we do on Arcadia, say one week AR the 2nd week The Orchid, and I fully intend to try Oriana Rhodes and MPW restaurant this year when on Oriana and Oceana...

We didn't particularly like Arcadian Rhodes, compared to the Meridian there was no atmosphere, no friendly banter from the staff. We very much felt that we were there to witness how superior they were. One waiter even moved my husband's water glass slightly after he had put it down, he obviously hadn't put it back correctly! We felt that was quite rude.

They put in an extra course that we hadn't ordered (and didn't particularly want or need) and given that we had chosen what we felt was a balanced meal this was unnecessary.

I was also served Baileys with a huge amount of ice without being asked if I wanted ice or not (I didn't) which gave me a watery liqueur which I didn't enjoy.

It was the only meal of the cruise that I felt uncomfortably stuffed after.

Carol x

We didn't particularly like Arcadian Rhodes, compared to the Meridian there was no atmosphere, no friendly banter from the staff.

They put in an extra course that we hadn't ordered (and didn't particularly want or need) and given that we had chosen what we felt was a balanced meal this was unnecessary.

Gosh, LibraLass and I are about to concur about food:eek:. In case anyone doesn't already know, we found the food in the main restaurant on Arcadia deeply underwhelming; sadly, you can't eat friendly banter. In Arcadian Rhodes it was superb, and we ate in there four times; would have been every night, had it not been fully booked on the other evenings. Best food we've ever had, either on land or at sea. Of course, I was not there when capasamari ate there, so perhaps someone had an off night.

The extra 'with the compiments of the chef' course is now par for the course in decent restaurants, and is tiny, but of superb quality, although of course, only you can say if you felt 'uncomfortably stuffed' after the meal.

Mary

We thought the meals we had in Arcadian Rhodes were superb. We went the first time and it was so great we went with a couple from our table the second week. We also ate in Rhodes on Oriana and it was very good but not up to the standard of Arcadia. One of the problems on Oriana was that we were sat at a table near the entrance and as one of the doors was open we could hear the pianist playing in Tiffanys. We could also hear the music that was being played in Rhodes.

We spoke to the restaurant manager and she agreed it was a problem and that Gary Rhodes would not be pleased when he was next on board. She said they were not allowed to close both doors into the restaurant. I emphasise this was only a problem if you are sat near the door.

I agree about the "extra courses" - I mean that they are usually very small and you get them at any fine restaurant. We recently had the best meal I have ever had (well the second one really as I had eaten there before but my husband hadn't) at a Michelin starred restaurant in Bath. It was amazing. One of the "extra courses" was a mango flavoured soup served in a tiny espresso cup. My husband's "extra" was different as they served that course according to what you had chosen for your next course.

Annie:)

Hello

We ate in the Grill on the New Year cruise ,the fillet steak was superb.

We don,t mind the extra charge and we liked the peace and quiet as we had table 72 in the coral dining room which has a waiter,s station on either side and directly accross from the wine waiter,s station .

Andy Yuill the head chef is superb but I think he is moving ships.

The indian buffet is superb as well

Enjoy

Kay:)

We didn't particularly like Arcadian Rhodes, compared to the Meridian there was no atmosphere, no friendly banter from the staff. We very much felt that we were there to witness how superior they were. One waiter even moved my husband's water glass slightly after he had put it down, he obviously hadn't put it back correctly! We felt that was quite rude.

I was also served Baileys with a huge amount of ice without being asked if I wanted ice or not (I didn't) which gave me a watery liqueur which I didn't enjoy.

Carol x

Hi Carol

'The extra course' is the chefs compliments 'amuse bouche' We had a small cup of a wonderful pea soup with swirled cream, I quite like the surprise extra course, and its not really big enough to spoil the appetite.

I agree the service is... umm over attentive, we found that too, but enjoyed it. Baileys with ice, was a bit naughty, they should of asked if you wanted it on the rocks or not , I would of sent it back if not happy with ice - I like it myself.

normally I would agree with your coments,but as it's our silver I think my husband just wanted something different and special, on the day hopefully.haveing sorted out my confusion as to what a limited balcony is (if bed is double you have to climb over bed to get onto balcony) ,has anyone ever tried ringing up after final payments have been due/paid to see if you can upgrade for a "small" suplement..ie not £100's.

Archived