Free stuff on NCL

Carnival has a great thread going about free stuff that you can get on the ship. (Obviously it is all included in your fare, I am referring to opportunities for free items, drinks, experiences, etc.) Anyone have any good tips to offer in this way?

I can start with the free drinks at the Latitudes Party. Does NCL have a captains party with free drinks?

Come on, share your secrets. . . .

Suites(AE up)/VIP and Platinum probably gets you the most free stuff.

Latitudes party

Captains VIP party

Courtyard party

Meal in the Bistro with wine.

Cheese and wine party

There may be another latitudes for the gold/platinum or it might be that C&W.

Might be others

Also add.

the free bubbly for the art auction

I think they also sometimes give out stuff at the sales pitch for the cruise rewards.

Organise the M&G that can often get a meal/bottle of wine or some other goody.

Thts the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

We were amazed at all the free stuff we were able to get on our last cruise.

Every time we went up to the pools, the loungers had an incredible selection of sandals, books and suntan lotion for anyone to use. Never ever needed our towels either. Very nice of NCL, although I did see an occasional arguement over possession of the freebies.

My wife has a cool collection of salt and pepper shakers from around the world now. There sure are a lot of different restaurants on board.

Everday like clockwork there was plenty of free plates and silverware and condiments in the hallways to choose from. Pretty heavy to pack, so we limited ourselves to a few settings. Kinda wished they had cleaned it first , but hey, it was free.

Everywhere ya went, it seemd like they had free hand lotion dispensers. On and off the ship, near the dinig rooms, in the showers.

Our supply of multicolored glassware and plactic cups has skyrocketed. Sure is nice of NCL to give us them special glasses for free. Although I think they may have jacked their drink prices up to cover for them....

By the end of the cruise we must have accumulated a couple hundred cookies, good thing we brought ziplocks.

The kicker was on the last night they hauled all sorts of boxes of booze out from somewhere and left them as presents for some cabins! We did not get one, but I know the kids in the cabin across the hall were too young to drink so we removed the temptation before they saw it.

On the way off the ship, just before going to customs they had a terrific selection of fruits for everyone to grab. The wife packed her carryon full of em for the trip home.

we were amazed at all the free stuff we were able to get on our last cruise.

Every time we went up to the pools, the loungers had an incredible selection of sandals, books and suntan lotion for anyone to use. Never ever needed our towels either. Very nice of ncl, although i did see an occasional arguement over possession of the freebies.

My wife has a cool collection of salt and pepper shakers from around the world now. There sure are a lot of different restaurants on board.

Everday like clockwork there was plenty of free plates and silverware and condiments in the hallways to choose from. Pretty heavy to pack, so we limited ourselves to a few settings. Kinda wished they had cleaned it first , but hey, it was free.

Everywhere ya went, it seemd like they had free hand lotion dispensers. On and off the ship, near the dinig rooms, in the showers.

Our supply of multicolored glassware and plactic cups has skyrocketed. Sure is nice of ncl to give us them special glasses for free. Although i think they may have jacked their drink prices up to cover for them....

By the end of the cruise we must have accumulated a couple hundred cookies, good thing we brought ziplocks.

The kicker was on the last night they hauled all sorts of boxes of booze out from somewhere and left them as presents for some cabins! We did not get one, but i know the kids in the cabin across the hall were too young to drink so we removed the temptation before they saw it.

On the way off the ship, just before going to customs they had a terrific selection of fruits for everyone to grab. The wife packed her carryon full of em for the trip home.

lol :d :d

You forgot the very nice bath robes that they put in your closet.

And how about that amazing chocolate ship that was at that buffet, unfortunately we had a long flight and ours melted in the luggage. I wanted to complain to NCL but decided just to send them the drycleaning bill for getting the chocolate out of the nice tuxedo I was able to buy on board for $85.00. Those things are much more expensive on shore.

We were amazed at all the free stuff we were able to get on our last cruise.

Every time we went up to the pools, the loungers had an incredible selection of sandals, books and suntan lotion for anyone to use. Never ever needed our towels either. Very nice of NCL, although I did see an occasional arguement over possession of the freebies.

Our supply of multicolored glassware and plactic cups has skyrocketed. Sure is nice of NCL to give us them special glasses for free. Although I think they may have jacked their drink prices up to cover for them....

The kicker was on the last night they hauled all sorts of boxes of booze out from somewhere and left them as presents for some cabins! We did not get one, but I know the kids in the cabin across the hall were too young to drink so we removed the temptation before they saw it.

my husband the writer wondered if you ever thought of doing a column on all that is free on vacations. You made our day....!!!!!

Nita

• 1 month later...

There's lots of free stuff - usually accompanied by a sales pitch.

The art auction has free champagne and also often has a drawing for a free print. Plus it's kind of a handy little art lesson if you're interested.

The jewelry stores often have a contest/drawing that you can enter for free jewelry if you go by their store.

It seems like there is always a rum and/or whiskey tasting in the gift shop to try to entice you into buying said rum or whiskey.

The port lectures sometimes include free champagne and often have drawings.

You can pick up "free gifts" (I love that - aren't all gifts free??) at stores in Ports that advertise in the handouts that NCL gives you the night before going to the ports.

The gym usually has one free yoga, pilates, and aerobics class (each - not all at the same time) at the beginning of the cruise to try to entice you into buying an exercise package.

I've found that if you really try, you can get a bunch of free alcohol and then work it off without paying much of anything. But then again, I have over $100,000 in student loan debt and spent waaaaaaay too much time in school, so I've mastered the art of being cheap.

You are so effin hysterical, Zimo!! Thanks for a great laugh.

To add to this "serious" thread, during the talk for the "cruise deposit" promotion, there's free champagne. Hopefully that's not a duplicate posting. I just became bored with the rest of the comments after Zimo's. LOL

You sound like boy boyfriend. He has the entire "Showboat" collection from Atlantic City. Salt/Pepper shakers, silverwear, etc. LOL

I type LOL all the time but I really did gaffaw out loud! GOL?

On my first cruise ever Majesty - Boston to Bermuda four of us forty-somethings piled in one cabin and had the time of our lives. One night while we were in port we ran back for dinner and got there at a quarter to something - pretty much the last second. We felt badly for the waitstaff and tried to hurry. The waitstaff was pleased ot help us hurry and, I swear - right out the Three Stooges I followed my swiftly departing soup bowl vertically up from the table trying to get one more spoonful. (We were all ravenous.)

It doesn't read as so funny but it really was. Later that night we met the maitre 'd (is that spelled right) in a bar. We bought him a drink and told him the Moe soup story. It was really funny!

He didn't think it was funny and demanded to know the waiter's name. No way. He couldn't have pried it out of us. We bought him another drink.

Anyway on the last night of the cruise what lands in our room but a lovely box full of four different fancy liquors! I remember Kalua and Tia Maria...

We figured it was a kind of apology (unecessary) for the Larry spoon thing. We drew lots for the bottles but ended up pooling them anyway having a picture party a week or two later.

Honestly, it wasn't until our next cruise that we figured out that it must have been somebody ELSE's liquor! It was a bit late then to do anything about it but that just made the Shemp soup story even better.

Funny, it's a quick story to tell, takes a bit longer to type it LOL.

I hope the poor souls that didn't get their liquor were recompensed - but maybe they were under 21 and shouldn't have had it anyway. Your Bob Newhartesque post made me think of it and smile.

Clare