Bunks... is there a weight restriction on the top one?

cruisekids009

Ok i am getting slightly concerned as my son and i will have the bottom bunks, and hubby will be in one of the top ones, only problem is he weighs just over 100kg. is there a weight restriction on the top bunks, does anyone know?

i dont want to be sqaushed in my sleep when hubbys bunk collapses:(

LOL!!! It might not be his weight that's the problem - it's how hard they are to climb up onto!! I was 85kg when I was on the top bunk 2 years ago on the PacSun and I had bruises on my legs from the metal bar on the side of the bed trying to climb from the ladder and then trying to turn around to get down from the bed onto the ladder. It takes a few tries to get it just right!! By the way I bet it wasn't a pretty sight for my friends either!! lol!

This time I've 'bagged' the bottom bunk - the other 2 are skinny so the're going up top.

Liz

oh good.. relief is flooding in, you do not want to know what kind of visions i have been having about him sleeping up there....

and bruising would give him something to complain about so thats right up his alley:D

i would offer to sleep up there but having 2 kids has done odd things to my bladder and i will need easy access to the bathroom.

He might be OK for the top bunk at the start of the cruise, but whoa, by the end of the cruise after all those buffets and other tasty items the olde bunk might be taking a pounding !

:p;)

He might be OK for the top bunk at the start of the cruise, but whoa, by the end of the cruise after all those buffets and other tasty items the olde bunk might be taking a pounding !

:p;)

That's so true...lol :D.

Agree with leggyliz. I don't mind top bunks normally, but I got bruised so many times, mostly on the head as I tried to clamber down or move around. There isn't a lot of space up there!

Yes well I'm also a tall girl -5'11 so yeah its a bit awkard - lol

Archived