Your NCL Favorite Food Items??

going2cruz

I haven't seen anyone mention lobster or crab legs yet??? Do they offer that on the Spirit? I am a first time cruiser and will be going on the Spirit in March. Just wondering about the seafood selection other than Sushi?

yes, they offer Lobster. It was the third, not the second night out on our Spirit cruise so we missed it, but as most of us know, the Lobster on all ships are small frozen tails and good, but certainly not great!!! That is probably why you don't see it mentioned. As for Crab legs, no, in fact I think many lines have discontinued them. I think Princess may still offer them but the other lines I am not sure. We certainly haven't had them in the past 5 years on other lines. Also, the surf and more surf does have 1/2 lobster tail as well as other seafood. I will add, if you are a big seafood lover, you may be a little disappointed. I know I like the seafood on Princess and HAL better, but as I mentioned, it appears Princess is cutting back.

Nita

I'm gaining weight just reading :D this post. I am just day's away from the real thing, I can almost taste it now:p.

days away...oh, that sounds lovely. I can't wait til I'm able to say that. Please, oh, please be sure to post like that make the rest of us envious, it hurts sooooo good.

They actually have both hard dipped ice cream and soft serve. Its located in the garden cafe by the desserts and its available when the cafe is open, except during breakfast.

My favorite foods:

Pretzel rolls and the mixed berry cobbler its warm so you need to add some ice cream on top

What restaurant serves the mixed berry cobbler?

What restaurant serves the mixed berry cobbler?

Cobbler is usually available in the buffet, and the fruit may vary from day to day. This is also a favorite of mine, I love to stop by later in the evening and have some with ice cream!:)

Talk of the cobbler in the buffet reminded me of the COOKIES! Yum. A perfect grab-by snack as you cruise through the buffet in the afternoon or at the end of the evening. Last cruise, we were thrilled because they had them in the Latitudes Lounge, right near the pool deck and much easier to run to than the buffet. Did I mention how good lying by the pool and eating cookes at will all day is for my figure? Thank you so much, NCL! :o

P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone by leaving my lounge chair long enough to grab cookies. :rolleyes:

OMG - I love this thread! I'm dieting now for my March cruise. I'm thinking of all the great ways to break the diet! Carbs galore!!!!

I'm doing the same thing.....low carb. I guess I was dreaming about food when I asked the question.

All this talk about the yummy mixed fruit cobbler reminded me of something. On our last cruise (on Royal Caribbean ... :(), they had a different hot dessert each day in the chaffing dish. All kinds of great things. One day it was hot banana cobbler. Hmmmm ... banana cobbler? Well, okay ... it looked pretty good, so I dished up a bowl... and topped it with soft serve ice cream ...

YUCKOOOOO!!!

I had this in the dining room last Oct. on the Sky. It was the best cheesecake EVER !!!

I asked the next night if they happened to have anymore and was told anything left over goes down to the crew dining room. Darn ! So I ordered the cappuccino cheesecake. Was just okay. I am going on the Star next month and going to have Banana split cheesecake for my appetizer, entree, and desert. Its that good folks. Trust me I am the CHEESECAKE KING.

I'm doing the same thing.....low carb. I guess I was dreaming about food when I asked the question.

The diet works great for me and I feel much better while I'm on it (and sleep better, strangely). Anyway, last time it was hard to get off. I felt like crap when I ate carbs. I'm planning on breaking the diet at least a week before I get on the ship so I don't have any issues.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you've never low-carb'ed before.

The diet works great for me and I feel much better while I'm on it (and sleep better, strangely). Anyway, last time it was hard to get off. I felt like crap when I ate carbs. I'm planning on breaking the diet at least a week before I get on the ship so I don't have any issues. Just thought I'd mention it in case you've never low-carb'ed before.

I feel so much better low carb too. Fortunately, a week of gluttony is not usually enough to make me feel bad again. But getting back to the low carb is very hard. It is only the memory of how I used to feel all the time that gets me back (no energy, digestive problems, poor sleep, etc., but mostly the lack of energy - I thought I was old before my time).

The fries at Cagney's are awesome..because they are truffle fries!

In the main dining room: Beef Wellington

Chilled banana soup

All the souffles

Honey creme brulee

Le Bistro: Escargot

Chocolate fondue

I also enjoyed the scones and whipped cream at the buffet late afternoon.

I feel so much better low carb too. Fortunately, a week of gluttony is not usually enough to make me feel bad again. But getting back to the low carb is very hard. It is only the memory of how I used to feel all the time that gets me back (no energy, digestive problems, poor sleep, etc., but mostly the lack of energy - I thought I was old before my time).

Great to hear you feel better low-carb, too. DH is a dr and swears I'm imagining the better sleep and better digestion (up until the diet, the drs thought I had IBS). But, 1 piece of pizza and I'm so cramped and bloated I can't even sit up straight!

Sorry, to everybody else for hijacking the thread but I was excited to hear about someone with a similar experience.

Now, back to the food!!!

- Plump scallops at Teppenyaki's (entertaining, fun show while they cook at your table too)

- the filet mignon at Teppenyaki's (well truthfully? I didn't actually have it myself but my brother said is was the best steak he'd had on the ship, having had already eaten at the Grand Pacific, Le Bistro, Cagney's and the Italian restaurant)

- chocolate covered strawberries (not sure where these might be available as our butler delivered them to the room)

- Indian food in the buffet

Cheers,

Joyce

- Plump scallops at Teppenyaki's (entertaining, fun show while they cook at your table too)

- the filet mignon at Teppenyaki's (well truthfully? I didn't actually have it myself but my brother said is was the best steak he'd had on the ship, having had already eaten at the Grand Pacific, Le Bistro, Cagney's and the Italian restaurant)

- chocolate covered strawberries (not sure where these might be available as our butler delivered them to the room)

Cheers,

Joyce

How many items can you order here? Its not that I want to eat a lot I would just like to sample many...beef, your scallops and the ribs.

I also loved the pretzel bread. At the Indian food station, there is delicious bread, too-the roti, a flat bread that is soft. Also, on the gem at breakfast there were delicious warm cinnamon rolls. The banana bread and pound cake at Blue Lagoon are good, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joycep13 viewpost.gif

Cheers,

Joyce

How many items can you order here? Its not that I want to eat a lot I would just like to sample many...beef, your scallops and the ribs.

Sadly :{ it's been a year since that cruise so i can't remember the details, but I
think
it was set up so that each person at your table could order whatever combination of items they wanted to eat out of a list of meats, seafoods, vegetables, etc. and then the chef would cook them up for you and then toss you your portion (literally! :)

Someone who's eaten at Teppenyaki's more recently can probably be more helpful with this though...

Cheers,

~Joyce

My must-haves:

Fish & Chips from the Blue Lagoon

Bagels - I love their cream cheese, no idea why but I do :)

Also, on the Dawn I think I ate my weight in brownies & hot dogs. :D

Did u say Hot Dogs...........:D:DI promise I wont go there

I had this in the dining room last Oct. on the Sky. It was the best cheesecake EVER !!!

I asked the next night if they happened to have anymore and was told anything left over goes down to the crew dining room. Darn ! So I ordered the cappuccino cheesecake. Was just okay. I am going on the Star next month and going to have Banana split cheesecake for my appetizer, entree, and desert. Its that good folks. Trust me I am the CHEESECAKE KING.

Interesting.... I've yet to find "real" cheesecake on any line at this point. I make really good cheesecake myself, but it's a pain to make just one and yet one is sooooo much to have around at home. They are often requested as gifts. And I've jsut reformulated the recipe to make cupcake sized ones, and those are easy to share.

Archived