Your NCL Favorite Food Items??

going2cruz

On the Dawn during dinner in the buffet we would get a plate filled with chocolate from the fondue and the pretzel bread and dip it in the chocolate!

This is a must try!!!!!!!!! Off I go to the gym to work off the lbs I hope to gain back from the cruise.

Sushi, Sushi, Sushi and ummmmmmmmmm more sushi!! On sea days they are open for lunch. All you can eat for whatever the surcharge is. They're not making any money on me!! I also really like the fish at the Asian restaurant for dinner and the banana spring rolls there for dessert. (Honestly, I could eat Asian every night!!):D

hey quiltbugj - you didn't say where I could find this Sushi. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi and sashimi. I could eat a plateful of both and wash down with pinot grigio. WHAT A MEAL!

hey quiltbugj - you didn't say where I could find this Sushi. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi and sashimi. I could eat a plateful of both and wash down with pinot grigio. WHAT A MEAL!

They have sushi at the sushi bar....mid ship before u get to the Atruim....

Main dining room: cold soups especially avacado

eggs benedict

surf and more surf entree; it is really rich but oh so good

souflles

Le Bistro: fondue

mushroom soup

escargo

Mama's Kitchen: antipasta trolly

Cagneys': steak

fries

Blue Lagoon: everything, but dont miss the Fish and Chips (order 2 helpings, they are not very big) skip the chef salad, it is the only bad thing they offer

Buffet: lunch salad bar

waffle bar

of course lox and bagels

Nita

I'm surprised how everyone raves about the fish and chips at the Blue Lagoon. While I found them OK, and ordered them several times, they certainly weren't anything I'd call extraordinary, or memorable!? :confused:

Just goes to show how food preferences are so subjective, I guess

Someone up there said the Chocolate Croissants WOW are those so delicious!!!!:p

I also enjoy the waffles made to order and omlets.

Pasta at lunch made to order.

Blue Lagoon! They used to have potato skins but they took it off the Menu those were my favorite!

I love the Skinny Fries in the Blue Lagoon!

Must be specific to ship as we had more potato skins at Blue Lagoon on the Pearl last week then I have fingers and toes :D

Must be specific to ship as we had more potato skins at Blue Lagoon on the Pearl last week then I have fingers and toes :D

really? on gem,dawn,and sky these past few months they didn't have them....i hope they keep them on the Pearl till I get there in May!!!!

Well.. the pretzel bread (actually rolls) was served on the Pearl on the buffet........we spent many a lunch trying different combinations.....grandson loved them with butter....one put cream cheese on it.....sauerkraut & sausage worked too........yummmmy....hope they have those on the Jade........:D:D:D

I'm surprised how everyone raves about the fish and chips at the Blue Lagoon. While I found them OK, and ordered them several times, they certainly weren't anything I'd call extraordinary, or memorable!? :confused:

I think the reason we all rave is we understand they are just fast food and good fast food. Are they what one would expect to pay $10 or more for in a regular restaurant? Of course not, but for a quick snack I think many of us think they are great..

Nita

What ship were you on where the Fish & Chips were not very good?

Must be specific to ship as we had more potat

This could be dangerous if the potato skins are served during lunch. I'll be eating plates of them at at time with my bucket of beers......oh no I'm going to have to lose an additional 10 lb's to make room for that combination....that's serious carb trouble.

Do they do buckets of beer on NCL?

I liked the honey creme brulee in the dining room one evening. The strawberry souffle was pretty good, too. One word of warning though - if you like really good cheesecake, stay away from it on cruise ships. I've yet to find "real" cheesecake on one yet!

What ship were you on where the Fish & Chips were not very good?

I was on the Jewel, in October. Please understand -- I'm not saying they "were not very good".... just "average", not worth raving over. While they were quite satisfactory, there were other items available to eat that were at least as good, and some better. As I said, I did have them several times -- indeed they were a good quick snack type of item...but since the op asked for "favorite food items", I was just surprised at how many people mentioned these, when I thought there were many much better things available!

Beef Wellington in the Main dining room

The Creme Brule

The bread pudding on the buffet (a different flavour every day)

We didn't care much for the Chocoholic Buffet either, things looked better than they tasted.

The Creme Brule

We didn't care much for the Chocoholic Buffet either, things looked better than they tasted.

I read where someone else really enjoyed the Beef Wellington. I guess I'll have to try the Beef Wellington and the Cream Brule.

The Creme Brule

I think the chocoholic buffet is more for show. We stopped going years ago, too crowded and not all that great..

Nita

I've heard they have an ice cream station. Not a soft serve machine, but reall ice cream, ice cream that you need to scoop onto a cone or into a dish. Is this just at specific times or is it always available? If so, where woudl it be located on the Pearl?

Great post! We are going on the Gem for our first NCL experience 2/28 and I am now dying to try all of these great suggestions! I cannot wait to have the chocolate croissants, prime rib and those french fries everyone is talking about!! :D Thanks!!!

Originally posted by minn55441

I've heard they have an ice cream station. Not a soft serve machine, but reall ice cream, ice cream that you need to scoop onto a cone or into a dish. Is this just at specific times or is it always available? If so, where woudl it be located on the Pearl?

They actually have both hard dipped ice cream and soft serve. Its located in the garden cafe by the desserts and its available when the cafe is open, except during breakfast.

My favorite foods:

Pretzel rolls and the mixed berry cobbler its warm so you need to add some ice cream on top

Archived