Creme Brulee with fudge, chilled fruit soups, tuna tartar in Garden Room

Fish and Chips, tomato soup, cheeseburgers in Blue Lagoon

Made to order waffles, fresh fruit, stir fry at the buffet

Hot dogs and fries at Bier Garten

Creme Brulee with fudge, chilled fruit soups, tuna tartar in Garden Room

Fish and Chips, tomato soup, cheeseburgers in Blue Lagoon

Made to order waffles, fresh fruit, stir fry at the buffet

Hot dogs and fries at Bier Garten

Whats Bier Garten.....which ship was that on?

(up until the diet, the drs thought I had IBS).

Me too! The beauty part is if I am "good" most of the time, I can now enjoy the pizza without a problem. It's like my system works now. Now, back to your regularly scheduled cruise-thread. :)

Mushroom risotto in the main dining room -- it was the vegetarian entree, but DH and I split it as an appetizer. I think they also serve it for lunch.

Surf and more surf -- on the Gem, it wasn't in a heavy sauce, just lots of seafood and pasta.

Singapore noodles and the scallop entree in the Orchid Garden (or whatever the name of the asian-fusion restaurant is on your ship) -- yummy!

Salmon Oscar in Cagney's -- to DIE for :D:D

The bavarian brunch in the Great Outdoors -- spaetzle (sp?), hungarian goulash, cucumber salad -- delish!

Vanilla bean souffle -- this was offered in the main DR the night we went to LeBistro, and our wonderful waiter went and got one for me!

Eggs Benedict and Vanilla Challah French Toast in Cagney's.

There's more, but I'm getting too hungry thinking about it! Can't wait to be on the Gem again next month!!! And I'll be back on a no-carb diet until then...:rolleyes:

When we were on the Jewel in '06 the Asian restaurant served a Ginger Creme Brulee that was one of the best desserts I've ever had anywhere! I was disappointed that it was not offered in the Asian restaurant on the Pearl in '07. Maybe the Spirit will have it in April---I can always dream!

The steak in Teppanyaki is excellent!

Ok where to start...

Chilled fruit soups - awesome!

Truffle fries in Cagney's

French toast w/mascarpone cheese in Cagney's for breakfast (I still dream about it!)

Definitely the shrimp cocktail in Cagney's

Escargot in Le Bistro

These amazing brownies that were delivered to our room as a "treat"

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch!

Chilled fruit soups

Fried rice at Blue Lagoon

There was also a flat bread in the bread baskets at the buffet that was really good-kind of shaped like an 8 but more squared at the corners.

Do you start or end a meal with chlled fruit soup? It sounds like it needs a scoop of ice cream.

Well.. the pretzel bread (actually rolls) was served on the Pearl on the buffet........we spent many a lunch trying different combinations.....grandson loved them with butter....one put cream cheese on it.....sauerkraut & sausage worked too........yummmmy....hope they have those on the Jade........:D:D:D

They DO! We're just off the Jade and yep! They sure did have them in the buffet!

We LOVED the pretzel bread! Just ate it plain... and it did come in both rolls and longer things like mini-baguettes

Hubby would take a plate of 6 or so off the buffet after dinner and he and the kiddos would watch a movie and snack on them... VERY yummy!

I agree about the chilled soups - yum! No one has mentioned my favorite so I'll chime in. Every cruise I look forward to the crispy bacon in the buffet. Beyond good. Even when I was eating bacon regularly it was teh best I'd ever had. Now, that I only eat turkey bacon during the year, the crispy bacon is the #1 thing I look forward to! And I get a kick out of it being labled on the buffet/action station as "Crispy Bacon." :) Breakfast on a cruise means Crispy Bacon crumbled into a bowl of grits - YUMMO! (in addition to whatever else has caught my eye and ALWAYS a croissant with butter and jam). I can't wait to find the pretzel bread next cruise!

It has to be the pretzel bread......my party of 6 would practically clean out every last piece and take some back to snack on later.......kids found the bread made a great meat sandwich......

We are a family of simple tastes.........LOL!!

Where do you get the pretzel bread?

I agree about the chilled soups - yum! No one has mentioned my favorite so I'll chime in. Every cruise I look forward to the crispy bacon in the buffet. Beyond good. Even when I was eating bacon regularly it was teh best I'd ever had. Now, that I only eat turkey bacon during the year, the crispy bacon is the #1 thing I look forward to! And I get a kick out of it being labled on the buffet/action station as "Crispy Bacon." :) Breakfast on a cruise means Crispy Bacon crumbled into a bowl of grits - YUMMO! (in addition to whatever else has caught my eye and ALWAYS a croissant with butter and jam). I can't wait to find the pretzel bread next cruise!

I agree about the bacon. My theory is that they bake it on racks ... so it's not dripping with fats ... just crispy goodness. I've actually mentioned to chefs on other cruiselines that they need to take a course in cooking bacon from NCL. :rolleyes:

Where do you get the pretzel bread?

in the main buffet area - in the salad action station near the other rolls/etc. I did manage to find it also in the "great outdoors" buffet area too, one of the first things on the buffet as you made your way through.

YUMM-O!

Archived