Coral Princess

riteonglor

Yippee....I am typing this on the internet in the computer room on Coral Princess. What a difference in speed since the last time 3 years ago I tried to e-mail on the Sapphire.

We are on the 10 day Panama Canal cruise, tomorrow will be our first stop at Aruba.

This ship is imaculate and the food in the Horizon is very good. IMO, the food in their buffet is way, way better then the food on RC.

Got to run for now.

Yippee....I am typing this on the internet in the computer room on Coral Princess. What a difference in speed since the last time 3 years ago I tried to e-mail on the Sapphire.

We are on the 10 day Panama Canal cruise, tomorrow will be our first stop at Aruba.

This ship is imaculate and the food in the Horizon is very good. IMO, the food in their buffet is way, way better then the food on RC.

Got to run for now.

I will be on the Coral in april so looking forward to your review or posts. Yes I agree about the buffet; the food there is a big improvement.

Marilyn

If you are in a mini suite how does the couch convert into a bed? My son who is 10 will reside on that when we go to Alaska in June. Since it will be next to the view out the door I may kick him to the bed with the wife. :D

Does it fold out?

Does it lay down?

Or is it like when you are at home and fall asleep watching TV?

If you are in a mini suite how does the couch convert into a bed? My son who is 10 will reside on that when we go to Alaska in June. Since it will be next to the view out the door I may kick him to the bed with the wife. :D

Does it fold out?

Yes, just like a Castro convertible

Or is it like when you are at home and fall asleep watching TV?

Could be that too.

We're looking forward to our first Coral experience in September.

Riteonglor: when you next log on, please tell about wifi availability in cabins. Yes, or no?

Just finished the Coral Princess, and there is no Wifi in the cabins.

Do you think the fold out couch is large enough for two teenage girls? We will be on the Coral in april and are thinking about putting four grils in one mini and just have them rotate who gets the big bed. On a previous post someone said it is larger than a twin but not as large as a full.Thanks for your help.

Do you think the fold out couch is large enough for two teenage girls? We will be on the Coral in april and are thinking about putting four grils in one mini and just have them rotate who gets the big bed. On a previous post someone said it is larger than a twin but not as large as a full.Thanks for your help.

It is definitely not like a full; perhaps measure about 42 to 45 inches. Two little kids could sleep on it, but two teens?

It is definitely not like a full; perhaps measure about 42 to 45 inches. Two little kids could sleep on it, but two teens?

Just off the Coral Jan. 20th and we had a mini-suite with what seemed to be quite a long couch - I think it was longer than 45 inches.

If you can get a "quad" mini suite only one person will need the pull-out couch and the other can sleep on the additional bed which is hidden in the ceiling and pulled down by the steward if required.

No wifi in the cabins - only in the general atrium area right now (including adjacent areas like the library).

Cindy

Just off the Coral Jan. 20th and we had a mini-suite with what seemed to be quite a long couch - I think it was longer than 45 inches.

If you can get a "quad" mini suite only one person will need the pull-out couch and the other can sleep on the additional bed which is hidden in the ceiling and pulled down by the steward if required.

No wifi in the cabins - only in the general atrium area right now (including adjacent areas like the library).

Cindy

I'm sure the sofa itself was more than 45", but the mattress portion is much narrower. Just think: a crib mattress is 27", a normal twin is 39" and a full is 54". Can you see 2 adults sleeping on a mattress under 54"?

Yes, a quad would be more advantageous.

Oh, no, bad news. We went to dinner tonight at the Horizon court buffet. Passed a couple of crew members coming out of cabins with masks on. Got to the buffet and "no serving yourself," were informed the ship has the dreaded " n virus." Have no details as of yet, how many people have been affected, keeping my finger's crossed it's not to many. BUMMER, for we all know how long everyone plans and dreams of their day on the ship. And, then, the dreaded virus. I'll try and get back to you all and let you know if they manage to keep it contained to a very small fraction of passenger's.

I'm sure the sofa itself was more than 45", but the mattress portion is much narrower. Just think: a crib mattress is 27", a normal twin is 39" and a full is 54". Can you see 2 adults sleeping on a mattress under 54"?

Right you are Pia. I definitely wouldn't put 2 adults on the pullout...I guess it would depend on how big the two "teens" are. :)

Cindy

Oh, no, bad news. We went to dinner tonight at the Horizon court buffet. Passed a couple of crew members coming out of cabins with masks on. Got to the buffet and "no serving yourself," were informed the ship has the dreaded " n virus." Have no details as of yet, how many people have been affected, keeping my finger's crossed it's not to many. BUMMER, for we all know how long everyone plans and dreams of their day on the ship. And, then, the dreaded virus. I'll try and get back to you all and let you know if they manage to keep it contained to a very small fraction of passenger's.

:eek: Oh dear, I hope it's just some isolated cases...we were fortunate, along with Putterdude, to have a great cruise on the Coral with no Noro.

We are sending good thoughts your way!! Make crazy use of that hand sanitizer everywhere you go...and try to use only your own cabin bathroom. Unfortunate as it is, I have seen too many people not practice proper hand washing in the public bathrooms.:mad::mad: Disgusting.

You are on a beautiful ship with a great crew. Stay well, take care and enjoy!:)

Cindy

Keep washing your hands and watch what you touch. If you can, in your next port buy some Chlorox wipes and wipe down everything in your cabin. We carry them and do that as soon as we board.

:eek: Oh dear, I hope it's just some isolated cases...we were fortunate, along with Putterdude, to have a great cruise on the Coral with no Noro.

We are sending good thoughts your way!! Make crazy use of that hand sanitizer everywhere you go...and try to use only your own cabin bathroom. Unfortunate as it is, I have seen too many people not practice proper hand washing in the public bathrooms.:mad::mad: Disgusting.

You are on a beautiful ship with a great crew. Stay well, take care and enjoy!:)

Cindy

Cindy,

Did you and Al end up with the Coral Princess cough...DW is still hacking and mine became bronchitis which I am just about over? Cost me a week of golf.:mad::mad:

Archived