Coral Princess

riteonglor

Oh, no, bad news. We went to dinner tonight at the Horizon court buffet. Passed a couple of crew members coming out of cabins with masks on. Got to the buffet and "no serving yourself," were informed the ship has the dreaded " n virus." Have no details as of yet, how many people have been affected, keeping my finger's crossed it's not to many. BUMMER, for we all know how long everyone plans and dreams of their day on the ship. And, then, the dreaded virus. I'll try and get back to you all and let you know if they manage to keep it contained to a very small fraction of passenger's.

Oh, shucks. And we left it so clean for you. I did catch a cough on board, but sure beats Noro. The thing I hate most about Noro is that they don't want you to salt your own food with the shaker. We get around that by getting some of the small packets in the Lido.

Our experince in early January, temps 80 to 90, humidity 80 to 90, ocean temps 80's.....shorts, tank tops...lots of sunscreen, maybe a little DEET for some of the excursions, could not have been better. Wish we were going with you.....so many cruises ....so little time.:)

Oh, no, bad news. We went to dinner tonight at the Horizon court buffet. Passed a couple of crew members coming out of cabins with masks on. Got to the buffet and "no serving yourself," were informed the ship has the dreaded " n virus." Have no details as of yet, how many people have been affected, keeping my finger's crossed it's not to many. BUMMER, for we all know how long everyone plans and dreams of their day on the ship. And, then, the dreaded virus. I'll try and get back to you all and let you know if they manage to keep it contained to a very small fraction of passenger's.

Wow, that is really bad news, but I am not surprised either. I was on the Coral last December. I went to the ladies room....and I saw a STAFF MEMBER come right out of the stall and then just walk out! She DID NOT WASH her hands! I was disgusted..and no she was not in the handicapped stall where there is a sink and there was a possibility she could have washed her hands in there...nope, not the case. I even said "EWW!" when she walked out. I always saw her standing outside the theater before and after the shows and I always wanted to call her out for it...you would think the people who actually WORK on the ship would know better! Apparently not. :rolleyes:

Wow, that is really bad news, but I am not surprised either. I was on the Coral last December. I went to the ladies room....and I saw a STAFF MEMBER come right out of the stall and then just walk out! She DID NOT WASH her hands! I was disgusted..and no she was not in the handicapped stall where there is a sink and there was a possibility she could have washed her hands in there...nope, not the case. I even said "EWW!" when she walked out. I always saw her standing outside the theater before and after the shows and I always wanted to call her out for it...you would think the people who actually WORK on the ship would know better! Apparently not. :rolleyes:

You need to be more assertive when you see that. I would have said something right on the spot. I do, when I see this at home. I'm not embarrassing myself and perhaps the person will do something about it in the future.

Dang, I sail in just 4 weeks, which I guess is just 2 more sailings. I hope they get it cleaned up soon. I hope it doesn't cause any major problems that will affect our sailing.

Does the Coral have Chef's Table yet? When I booked Alaska this morning, she could not find any info - only the news article saying it would go fleetwide (minus Royal and a couple of others) during 2008.

Yes, I have read Chef's Table has been added to the Coral. I believe it was in a posting by SHIPMEOUT in her *LIVE* feed.

Very interesting! We just got off the Coral on February 3rd, and had an unusual experience at Sabatini's the previous Tuesday, a week into the cruise. Four of us went for dinner, and the three who had scallops had diarrhea the next day which abated within a few hours (well, for the ones with iron stomachs, but not me!). We just assumed it was a mild shellfish contamination--I have twice had food poisoning due to shellfish contamination, and this was a romp in the park relatively speaking. It was also totally unlike either norovirus or rotovirus, which are pretty bad (rotovirus making norovirus seem like nothing--easy to end up in emergency with that one!). I was exposed to the latter at the hospital, where people were dropping like flies--one night, one of the nurses told me the staff and patients were taking turns on the stretchers!

So we were rather perplexed as we all have medical backgrounds and were trying to figure it out. The one of our party who didn't get it is quite severely immunocompromised, so again it doesn't fit with norovirus. She had the veal chop, which she said was excellent and was feeling pretty good about not succumbing to anything. But now you have got me thinking.

Cindy,

Did you and Al end up with the Coral Princess cough...DW is still hacking and mine became bronchitis which I am just about over? Cost me a week of golf.:mad::mad:

Hi Frank!

No, we were both fortunate and didn't get the cough that so many seemed to have. I was sure we were going to catch it as the bus we took into Antigua in Guatemala was freezing cold with the air conditioning too high. Everyone around us on the bus was coughing.

What I did catch, and DH didn't, was a bit of a stomach bug that lasted a day or so after Huatulco. :( Nothing at all like Noro, but it wasn't pleasant. I also had scallops on the ship (which was also mentioned by Queenston) so maybe that had something to do with it, although I remember Al had some scallops too...so who knows?

Still working on my review, might be done in the next week or two. Too busy at work right now.

Hope you are both feeling better now. Sorry we didn't get to meet Heather.

Take Care

Cindy

Very interesting! We just got off the Coral on February 3rd, and had an unusual experience at Sabatini's the previous Tuesday, a week into the cruise. Four of us went for dinner, and the three who had scallops had diarrhea the next day which abated within a few hours (well, for the ones with iron stomachs, but not me!). We just assumed it was a mild shellfish contamination--I have twice had food poisoning due to shellfish contamination, and this was a romp in the park relatively speaking.

Personally, I always blame the scallops. I had them for lunch on the deck one time and got so ill for a day, :eek: the bathroom was really my only friend.

Cindy, sorry that you were ill, I had the sea scallops in Sabitini's one eve...no problem though. We were on the Baja deck on the starboard side and there was an inside cabin on that deck in about the 400 hundred range where they were bringing out a number of "red" plastic bags which is never a good sign.

Archived