Pacific princess open dining

Parrot Mom

Hi Everybody.. our cruise is 4/10/09..in a few weeks.. No, I'm in a good mood now.. Parrot Pop just bought me a lovely pearl bracelet..lol NO, it was a simple vent.. and honey will drip o ut of my mouth...as it can..On the whole I can be charming, funny and dissarming..lol and completely honest without airs...lol As for Celebrity...we had to as somebody mentioned beat them off. We were last on the Constellation, previous the Galaxy and the Century.. Parrot Pop didn't mind , but i hate to have people feel I'm old..and need help

Um...just remember when you are pointing a finger and accusing people of certain behavior...

there's 3 that are facing you...

I stayed away from this thread..because you were on a out of control RANT and did not really want any feedback or so it seemed ...

and it appeared just had the need to blast people

and then rationalized your sarcastic.. in your face plan of action or response to a comment with a LOL

So what is it...

a simple vent or are you going to take the Maitre D to the mat until you get your way...and believe me ....you need to come to terms with NOT GETTING YOUR WAY!

There are 670 people on your ship...count how many are actually on your roll call..

you can and probably should stop particpating on the roll call, you don't have to interact with anyone but your travel partner and just maybe they aren't appreciating your venting attitude.

if there's someone on your roll call you think you would like to visit with then give them your email and interact directly.

I have health issues which many on this board know about that restricts my ability to eat in the dining room IF I don't have a table for 2.

Yet I do my research and realize that because of my health issues I might not have the exact dining experience that others will have...

I will have to eat in the buffet.

You chose a ship that is very unique in the fleet of Princess and you did so at the last minute. You are not a newcomer to these boards with over 1300 posts.

If you had come over to this board and asked questions before you booked or posted your question or concern while in the process of booking those of us that have sailed on the ship would have spelled it out to you in no uncertain terms

While it is unfortunate that your husband is diabetic and will be using a walker, there are at least 150 pairs of travelers at 1st seating. I'm sure half of them having some sort of health issue that is either equal or trumps your husbands and they booked earlier so they get 1st dibs on 1st seating, it's that simple. The rest just might like to eat earlier..they booked early so they of course have more options than you. You can hope that someone is willing to switch with you, BUT it is not your right.

Just because ...."you don't do buffets" doesn't mean you

can't do a buffet if you are hungry enough OR even more so for your husband to be held over until 2nd seating. All diabetics I know manage their blood sugar levels in this manner when it is called for

And yes, they will carry your tray for you..

BTW, I was on Celebrity last March..and I NEVER saw any staff member carrying a tray for anyone in the buffet.

The other poster suggesting changing your cruise was NOT out of line, since you are so firm on what you want and don't want.

PIA ..this is a side note to you...since you are on her roll call...are people rude there?

As a lurker for over a year had to go read this rollcall but sure didn't see any rudeness.

You make very good points in your posting. Always pays to do your homework before booking a cruise. That's the main thing I have learned from reading Cruise Critic.

We sailed on the Celebrity Galaxy last year and there was always waiters around during breakfast and lunch to carry trays in the buffet area. We always book late dinner seating so that we can have all the time we can in port. I asked earlier what cruise you are on because we are booked on the Pacific Princess, leaving Seattle on June 11. I just wanted to know if you might be sitting at our dinner table.

Pam,

I think Parrot Mom's cruise is in April, so it's more like 10 weeks or less.

Oppsss... not sure where I got the impression they're sailing in December. Oh well. I still think it'll be easily resolved while onboard with the Maitre D if not before.

Since we are sailing on the Pacific Princess this summer, I wanted to find out about an evening buffet in case we are late getting back from shore. Guess what - some of you are right! The buffet ends at 6 pm and the only dining is in the dining room after that. So that means on formal night - if you don't want to dress up - you have to eat before 6 pm. Thought y'all might like to know this info.

FACING THREE!!! what does that mean? At this point I needed to vent and rant....most of you took offense..As far as I am concerned..if your on our cruise...As for lurking.. I lurk on another site occasionally "butting" in, but they are the nicest people who have something in common and commiserate with each other and revel in their joy, but normally don't cruise together..They cruise all the lines.btw That's okay.. if there is anybody on my cruise and you have a "thing" about me.. remember I"m on a vacation...and I'm just the nicest person and one of the most interesting persons you might want to meet..lol YES, I AM!!! lol But for those making snide remarks...leave me alone to do my thing please

I hate getting misinformation!!!! Getting pushed up from 11th to 15th for first seating doesn't seem PC.. since he is diabetic...there will be hell to pay...if we cannot get first seatng for him.. No, he doesn't do buffets, nor do I

Doubt Diabetic issue holds much water. Have Cruised four times with my Diabetic SIL who uses shots and the pump. We always do late seating, she often just grabs a snack in the buffet late afternoon or early eve or she grabs a roll or something to hold her. Think your issue is based on something else in reality.

FACING THREE!!! what does that mean? At this point I needed to vent and rant....most of you took offense..As far as I am concerned..if your on our cruise.....They cruise all the lines.btw That's okay.. if there is anybody on my cruise and you have a "thing" about me.. remember I"m on a vacation...and I'm just the nicest person and one of the most interesting persons you might want to meet..lol YES, I AM!!! lol But for those making snide remarks...leave me alone to do my thing please

Parrot Mom...

You seem like the type that can dish it out quite well,

but you are unable to take it on the smallest scale

facing 3...

what this means when you are pointing at people making accusations that they are rude

it means that 3 fingers are pointing back at you.

What you put out in the world you will get back 3 fold.

Everyone at one time has a moment where they vent and rant, but it's short lived.

But I have rarely seen one on this board as much venom as yours

and with such a sense of entitlement as you have exhibited

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I went to

your roll call...many of those particpants are seasoned travelers and I;ve interacted with them on this board for a long time. When they've given advice, it's been sound and polite..

You have been on a tirade because you didn't get what you wanted and when you wanted it.

Either you're a bully or a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum who doesnt know when enough is enough.

Personally, if I was on your cruise...I wouldn't be interested in crossing your path to see if you actually ooze honey...

and just remember I am on MY vacation too, and I don't

need the negativity you've exhibited on numerous threads.

When life gives you lemons as you see it...

put on your big girl britches and make lemonade!

We just booked the same cruise, 4/10/09, on Monday, paid in full Tues.

When I got my email confirmation, it stated that we are #13 for 2nd seating, we always do the late seating.

My wife had some other questions and also asked about being WAITLISTED, she was told, not to worry, the final seatings won't be sorted out till another couple weeks. From what we gather when talking to the gent who helped us with our booking, there were still many staterooms available, to quote him, he said 'a substantial amount'

I wouldn't sweat it too much right now, from what we've seen in the past, you can always talk to the Maitre-D when you get on board and confirm/change your preference.

I can't imagine there being a 'real' WAITLIST for both seatings right now...that wouldn't make sense. They have finalized it yet.

Parrot Mom...

You seem like the type that can dish it out quite well,

but you are unable to take it on the smallest scale

facing 3...

what this means when you are pointing at people making accusations that they are rude

it means that 3 fingers are pointing back at you.

What you put out in the world you will get back 3 fold.

Everyone at one time has a moment where they vent and rant, but it's short lived.

But I have rarely seen one on this board as much venom as yours

and with such a sense of entitlement as you have exhibited

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I went to

your roll call...many of those particpants are seasoned travelers and I;ve interacted with them on this board for a long time. When they've given advice, it's been sound and polite..

You have been on a tirade because you didn't get what you wanted and when you wanted it.

Either you're a bully or a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum who doesnt know when enough is enough.

Personally, if I was on your cruise...I wouldn't be interested in crossing your path to see if you actually ooze honey...

and just remember I am on MY vacation too, and I don't

need the negativity you've exhibited on numerous threads.

When life gives you lemons as you see it...

put on your big girl britches and make lemonade!

YOU certainly have no sense of humor or empathy for others..so lets leave it as it is... I'm getting in my vacation mode. OH BTW if your on my cruise.. you can recognize me or avoid me by my purple toe and fingernails..lol

I wish I was on your cruise so I could see how you deal with anything that is less than 100%. I doubt the Princess could do anything at this point to make you happy short of being on early sitting. Where you heard that there is ANYTIME dining I have no idea but it's common knowledge that on the "Small Ships" there is only 1 dining room and that it's Traditional dining.

Why didn't you plan better when making your booking? Why did you choose that particular ship and that particular voyage? Are you willing to take some responsibility for the mess you are in? It sounds like you are only willing to blame the company that will do their best. Personally (having worked in Customer Service jobs in the past) if you came at me with even 1/10th of the attitude that you are showing here, you'd get nothing from me and maybe even end up worse off (if possible).

Relax and see what they can do for you. Worst case the bistro is always an option. It's not buffet. It's just in the buffet area.

I wish I was on your cruise so I could see how you deal with anything that is less than 100%. I doubt the Princess could do anything at this point to make you happy short of being on early sitting. Where you heard that there is ANYTIME dining I have no idea but it's common knowledge that on the "Small Ships" there is only 1 dining room and that it's Traditional dining.

Why didn't you plan better when making your booking? Why did you choose that particular ship and that particular voyage? Are you willing to take some responsibility for the mess you are in? It sounds like you are only willing to blame the company that will do their best. Personally (having worked in Customer Service jobs in the past) if you came at me with even 1/10th of the attitude that you are showing here, you'd get nothing from me and maybe even end up worse off (if possible).

Relax and see what they can do for you. Worst case the bistro is always an option. It's not buffet. It's just in the buffet area.

ACTUALLY, wish you were on our cruise.. I go with the flow.. That particular ship is doing my dream cruise.. the price was a special promotion and we have another couple going with us and they choose this date.. Honestly in more than 20 years of cruising have never met a CC board such as this..I've had so many snipes by one particular person who thinks she is Mrs. Princess..lol on simple statements.. such as choice of cabin. perhaps upgrades, etc.. There are so many people who think they own THEIR cruise board.. On the othr hand.. on the Celebrity boards it's a fun place to hang out.. not on this particular cruise sadly.. but don't worry.. will do fine..

I have read this posting everyday since it started and I can honestly say that you made the bed and now you have to lie in it.

You said you were on a rant, what did you think you were going to accomplish other than to rile people up?

We all realize that you had a problem and several gave you advice on how to handle it but you refused to listen and continued to tell people they were being rude to you. They were not!!!

You really did not want advice you wanted to vent and you did, but don't blame everyone else for stepping in telling you that you were out of line.

As for the X board, they are just as protective and straight forward as they are here, not one iota of difference.

Interesting in comparing Celebrity to Princess cruisers...I will stick to Celebrity.. and as to advice...I had a chance to rant.. and I'm sure I'll have a wonderful cruise....but in all likelyhood this will be my last Princess as others who are coming with us also from S.F.

I think that would be us, LOL. I agree with you Parrot Mom.

This seems to have been a different experience for us too...but the good news is, after speaking with a great Princess rep, last Friday, she thought we had a very, very good chance of the waitlist going through to our benefit.

We're not into the buffet-style either. If we HAVE to, we will eat in the specialty restaurants every night.

Princess did say that the main restaurant's menu would be available in our suite / stateroom as well, just in case.

:cool:

Interesting in comparing Celebrity to Princess cruisers...I will stick to Celebrity.. and as to advice...I had a chance to rant.. and I'm sure I'll have a wonderful cruise....but in all likelyhood this will be my last Princess as others who are coming with us also from S.F.

I can't wait to read the review! lol:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't wait to read the review! lol:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Will be delighted to share my honest thoughts with you on our cruise.. mark down the week of April 29th.. and post again and I'll be delighted to share with you my thoughts. We have a favorite resort in the D.R. that we go to and I do write and have written reviews and been contacted by the staff (who do read reviews on the net daily and actually listen to suggestions)..I write the honest good and bad.. and hold nothing back...seriously.. I haven't been back to La Romana or Punta Cana for a few years..and this trip is taking it's place

We requested a large table.. our friends table for two.. That;s okay, by the time we get on the ship I doubt anybody wants to talk to me..lol...

Advice from past experience on the Pacific Princess:

You will have the opportunity (if your waitlist is not cleared before you board) to see the M'D before the Muster Drill. System was you took a number and returned at a specific time to deal with your request to change "seatings". What a few of us who were waiting did was to "pair" up. There will be just as many who get first seating who don't want it as there are those in your position. We went to see the M'D as a couple and made his job of switching us easy. Don't upset yourself prematurely. Enough people from each seating eat in the specialty restaurants each evening that there are always seats available during each dinner time. Gail

Archived