Let him swim?

WineDown17

My DS turned 2 yesterday, and has been potty trained for several months. (no #2 in his pants since October). He does have an occasional small accident of pee from time to time. (Dont ask me how he got trained so quickly.. he did it all himself. a VERY different experience from my 12 YO!)

I am hoping that goes away by May. But.. accidents are accidents.

I am really tormented about letting him go in the pools. I know he wont poop in it, but I do worry if he may pee.

I know that adults pee in the pool all the time, but that doesnt make it right!! Just curious if I am overthinking it or if others would keep their kids out of the pools as well...

My son turns 3 next week and has been potty trained for 2 weeks - :D. He too has an occassional pee accident but I fully intend to allow him to use the pool on our May cruise. I'll certainly let him know the rules to let us know when he needs to go and try to go before getting in the pool. IMO - let him swim!!!

This may stir up some emotions, but urine is not what they are worried about in the pools. I do think having him pee before getting in is a fantastic idea. Sounds like he will not have any problem. May is a long way off.

If he is potty trained, let him swim. Yes, accidents may happen but as long as it's #1 and not #2 you are okay. Take him to the bathroom right before you go to the pool to reduce the risk but don't worry about it too much.

I thought they made special swimwear for kids that had a tendency to pee in the pool. It's better to be safe than embarrassed

A child wearing swim diapers will not be allowed in the pool. Who would know if your child urinated in the water? Agree, take him to the bathroom right before swimming.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I found a great travel potty too that fits in his diaper bag.. so I will bring that poolside in case he needs to go.. we can run to he bathroom and saddle up!

If I had any fewr of a #2 accident, no pool for him!!! :)

They do make special swimsuits for little ones who have accidents. They are not the disposable swim diapers but real fabric. They have a terry cloth "panty" that is lined on the inside with a rubbery material to hold in accidents, and snug elastic around the legs and belly (but not too tight). Then the outside has a nice material covering it for girls and nice shorts for boys. You can't even tell, it looks like a regular swimsuit but will alleviate your worries. Just be careful taking it off, water (and #1 if it happened) spills out from being held in the inside part.

Enjoy and don't worry too much!

I thought they made special swimwear for kids that had a tendency to pee in the pool. It's better to be safe than embarrassed

The Huggies-style swim diapers are not designed to hold in pee. Needless to say, there is always pee in a pool where there are kids in swim diapers. Doesn't bother me ;-)

I say, let him swim!

My DS turned 2 yesterday, and has been potty trained for several months. (no #2 in his pants since October). He does have an occasional small accident of pee from time to time. (Dont ask me how he got trained so quickly.. he did it all himself. a VERY different experience from my 12 YO!)

I am hoping that goes away by May. But.. accidents are accidents.

I am really tormented about letting him go in the pools. I know he wont poop in it, but I do worry if he may pee.

I know that adults pee in the pool all the time, but that doesnt make it right!! Just curious if I am overthinking it or if others would keep their kids out of the pools as well...

Yes, you are overthinking it! I'd be more worried about the college aged boys, who are on their 6th beer & haven't gotten out of the pool in 1 & 1/2 hours! Pool side potty? Just run to the bathroom.

Definately let him swim, I took my daughter on IOS aged 2yrs2mths and she was fine, always shouted wee wee potty at the top of her voice no matter where we were which people laughed at. We had only started potty training properly just before she turned 2 and got through the whole cruise with no accidents so I'm sure by may you'll be fine

Archived