any Georgia Cruisers?

momofmeg

Hi there! My fiancé and I are from Georgia (Augusta) and we're taking a honeymoon cruise April 4th, 2010 on the Valor! :o

Hi lovebird. Congraduations on your upcoming wedding.

I am from Augusta, Ga, I was also born there. I was an army brat. My father retired there,he was 35 when I was born and so I was in grade school when he retired from the army. My parents ended up staying there. They are both gone now, but I have a brother in Hephzibah, a sister in Waynesboro, and a sister in Grovetown, so they are all still near by. I live in Douglasville, near Atlanta so 3 hours away.

they all have children, many around Augusta

Very first cruise coming up on 6/21!!! HAL Westerdam to Alaska w/rib, Bro & SIL, Sis & BIL, & parents. 50 - 82 years young and all first timers. Actually wondering what to expect since it's all new to us.

Nice to see other CC's so close by!!

Very first cruise coming up on 6/21!!! HAL Westerdam to Alaska w/rib, Bro & SIL, Sis & BIL, & parents. 50 - 82 years young and all first timers. Actually wondering what to expect since it's all new to us.

Nice to see other CC's so close by!!

I loved that ship. It is really nice. I hope you have a balcony. Our Alaska cruise was on HAL Statendam and so we had an oceanview, (older ship no balconies unless you booked a suite which was more than our budget could do) but on that ship, the oceanviews had picture windows and the windows had a ledge. My daughter and I both sat up on the ledge watching whales.

I loved that ship. It is really nice. I hope you have a balcony. Our Alaska cruise was on HAL Statendam and so we had an oceanview, (older ship no balconies unless you booked a suite which was more than our budget could do) but on that ship, the oceanviews had picture windows and the windows had a ledge. My daughter and I both sat up on the ledge watching whales.

Thanks for the good report!

It's a long story, that I won't share at this time, but we are in a Superior Veranda suite on the port side of the ship. We are hoping that will give us better viewing on the return thru the passage and while in Glacier Bay. My only concern with the cabin we are in is that we are on the top passenger deck directly under the Lido Resturant and I was wondering if that might pose a noise problem. Not so much for me since I have removable bionic ears [hearing aides, LOL], but the rib has excellent hearing and is a light sleeper.

Any clue?

Steve

Dancin Dancin!:D

I had to redo my ship change and that went really smooth! Got an onboard credit! Got my Carnival CD and brochure in the mail a few days ago and I watched it while eating KFC and just in giddy hysterics in anticipation.

NOW- the biggest thrill about all of this, is that the person going with me is my son! My 14 year old has NO IDEA we are doing this! I had him fitted for his tux for formal night and told him it was for a wedding that we were in. <laughs> So- I am trying to make this exciting and James Bondish- Mission Impossible know what I mean? Only I am about to BUST keeping this from him.

Count down to go- 11 Days!:D

~tahiti

Thanks for the good report!

It's a long story, that I won't share at this time, but we are in a Superior Veranda suite on the port side of the ship. We are hoping that will give us better viewing on the return thru the passage and while in Glacier Bay. My only concern with the cabin we are in is that we are on the top passenger deck directly under the Lido Resturant and I was wondering if that might pose a noise problem. Not so much for me since I have removable bionic ears [hearing aides, LOL], but the rib has excellent hearing and is a light sleeper.

Any clue?

Steve

Steve, we had a deluxe balcony on deck 6 so I can't help I am afraid.

I will say this though, when we were on the NCL Pearl, we were on deck 11 in a minisuite right under the Italian restuarant that was very near the lido restuarant. We never heard anything, except one night, when we had high winds,(this was around 3 am and the restuarant closed at 10 I think) it sounded as though the heavy winds were knocking the chairs around, that the chairs sliding around up there. It was only that one night-I imagine the staff had a mess to clean up the next morning there.

The Westerdam seemed to me a much nicer ship and so I would think that would not be a problem if it was not on the Pearl.

Ask on the HAL board, I am sure there will be someone who has stayed there on a cruise who can tell you. If not the Westerdam, the Eurodam or the Zuiderdam, they are all vista class, sister ships.

Dancin Dancin!:D

I had to redo my ship change and that went really smooth! Got an onboard credit! Got my Carnival CD and brochure in the mail a few days ago and I watched it while eating KFC and just in giddy hysterics in anticipation.

NOW- the biggest thrill about all of this, is that the person going with me is my son! My 14 year old has NO IDEA we are doing this! I had him fitted for his tux for formal night and told him it was for a wedding that we were in. <laughs> So- I am trying to make this exciting and James Bondish- Mission Impossible know what I mean? Only I am about to BUST keeping this from him.

Count down to go- 11 Days!:D

~tahiti

What a wonderful surprise! He will love the MUTS and the super slide.

Anyone ever heard of Rincon? Well that's where I'm from- just outside of Savannah. I love being in Georgia and being within driving distance to several ports. 24 more days 'till my next cruise! :D

We have been on several of the same ships. I have been on Carnival Fascination and Inspiration (sister ships) and RCI Sovereign of the Seas. It has been a long time though -SOS-in 2001. Fascination in 2000 and Inspiration 2003.

Hello all! I am from Valdosta, GA home of the winningest football team in the nation, the Valdosta High Wildcats!!!!!!!!!! I am down to about 3 weeks to go before I travel to JAX to board Fascination, heading to Nassau & Freeport, Bahamas! This is me & hubby's 2nd cruise & we are going with 8 other relatives.

Hello all! I am from Valdosta, GA home of the winningest football team in the nation, the Valdosta High Wildcats!!!!!!!!!! I am down to about 3 weeks to go before I travel to JAX to board Fascination, heading to Nassau & Freeport, Bahamas! This is me & hubby's 2nd cruise & we are going with 8 other relatives.

OMGoodness! :D I lived there most of my life but HAD to leave...Cheeze and Crackerz! I could not stand it any longer. Graduated from Lowndes High many years ago.... <hahahahah> Well, have a great cruise my friend.

MOMOFMEG:

I am still trying to keep my composure. :pWe are officially in single digit mode. We are leaving out Wednesday the 20th. for Orlando. Staying at the Sleep Inn Suites (think that is the name) at 40.00 something dollars with breakfast. The Management team are awesome as they have been in constant contact to ensure we are taken care of. I rented a car from AVIS to pick up at the airport to drive to the Port. If you sign up online for the e-newsletter you get a coupon for a free upgrade. (I am a single parent so- I have to budget.):D

At any rate- I am Forest Gump RE-ADY!!!!

~ciao

OMGoodness! :D I lived there most of my life but HAD to leave...Cheeze and Crackerz! I could not stand it any longer. Graduated from Lowndes High many years ago.... <hahahahah> Well, have a great cruise my friend.

MOMOFMEG:

I am still trying to keep my composure. :pWe are officially in single digit mode. We are leaving out Wednesday the 20th. for Orlando. Staying at the Sleep Inn Suites (think that is the name) at 40.00 something dollars with breakfast. The Management team are awesome as they have been in constant contact to ensure we are taken care of. I rented a car from AVIS to pick up at the airport to drive to the Port. If you sign up online for the e-newsletter you get a coupon for a free upgrade. (I am a single parent so- I have to budget.):D

At any rate- I am Forest Gump RE-ADY!!!!

~ciao

I ca feel your excitement! have fun!

Ya'll have a great time! I have 38 days before my "GIRLS CRUISE" in June (me, 4 sisters and 3 neices). Then I'm actually taking a 2nd cruise this year during Thanksgiving with my husband and our 2 sons to the Southern Caribbean which none of us has ever been.

By the way, I live in Canton (outside of Atlanta) and my sisters and neices live in Martinez, Evans & Harlem (outside of Augusta).

We are from Canton And leave in 2 weeks for B2B Island Princess Alaska. Great to have been in GA for the last 25 years and at least 25 more to come, with the near annual cruise to paradise to break up the relentless I-75 and 400 traffic jams we regularily endure.

Warner Robins, Ga. here. However, I attended Valdosta High in '62 when Wright Bazemore was the coach. (Andrew's DP)

Even though it says AL (guess I need to change that:rolleyes:)...we just moved across the border to Fortson (Columbus area)

Well you are almost in Alabama! I always wondered about folks who lived in Columbus and worked in Phoenix City (or vice versa) I would imagine they would have trouble remembering what time it was!

I am from Augusta, so I remember having acquaintances who live in Ga and worked in SC,in fact my BIL still does. He and my sister live in Grovetown and he works at the Savannah river plant.

Of course on that end of Georgia the time zone is the same in SC.

Well you are almost in Alabama! I always wondered about folks who lived in Columbus and worked in Phoenix City (or vice versa) I would imagine they would have trouble remembering what time it was!

I am from Augusta, so I remember having acquaintances who live in Ga and worked in SC,in fact my BIL still does. He and my sister live in Grovetown and he works at the Savannah river plant.

Of course on that end of Georgia the time zone is the same in SC.

I still work in Phenix City (yes, that is the way they misspell it:rolleyes:).

Even though it is technically not right...they still go off of Georgia time....strange.

Living in Columbus *Hoorah* and being near Phenix Al. has it's plus. You can drive over the line to catch a movie you may have missed on Georgia time.:D

I am departing Wednesday afternoon to get to our cruise destination prior to Thursday. I still have not packed, begun packing, I am having a heck of a time finding a cute swimsuit, AND I have yet cleaned my house due to so many other things going on. *sheesh*

At any rate- will try and jump on tomorrow sometime or even Wednesday morning. :D

ciao!