Specialty Restaurant Tipping

chiokie

I wish I knew the answer to this as well. There have been different answers here. When we ate at Sabatini's on our last cruise there was no place to add a tip to the bill we got so we asked the waiter. He said not to add the tip to the bill but to give him cash (which we didn't bring with us) as it would just get put into the pool if we added it to the bill.

When we tried to tip our server when we were on the Diamond in May he refused the tip and said it was taken care of. We felt very funny about it and came back the next night with a cash tip, but he still wouldn't take it.

I wish I knew the answer to this as well. There have been different answers here. When we ate at Sabatini's on our last cruise there was no place to add a tip to the bill we got so we asked the waiter. He said not to add the tip to the bill but to give him cash (which we didn't bring with us) as it would just get put into the pool if we added it to the bill.

We ate at the Crown Grill recently on the Crown Princess and there was a line on the bill for tips. It looked just like a cc receipt from any restaurant.

I don't have the princess answer, but if I receive good to exceptional service I leave a tip in cash form.

I never thought of a cash tip option. That would guarantee that I'm showing my appreciation directly to the person whose service I appreciate. I'll make sure to have cash with me when I try Sabatini's in a few weeks.

We have eaten at least one of the specialty restaurants on each of our cruises. We have always tipped except for the last cruise where the service was not up to par... the waiter would disappear, didn't clear away the dishes from one course before bringing the next, forgetting silverware etc. We didn't think that he deserved anything extra.

We don't tip because we assume that some portion of the cover charge goes to the waiters and if not then auto-tip surely does.

The Purser's desk people told me that the specialty restaurant waitstaff is covered by the auto-tip.

Archived