Boarding time? How firm?

pacheco18

We will be on the Millennium for a June cruise and our plane arrives in Anchorage at 1 am on the day the cruise begins. It will take perhaps until 5 or 6 am to get to Seward. That still leaves us a lot of time holding onto our luggage until boarding time at 1 om.

Is the 1 pm boarding time firm? Any suggestions? Any chance the ship would take my luggage earlier?

Laraine

On a typical cruise, porters usually begin accepting luggage somewhere after 10:00 AM. They'll usually allow passengers to enter the terminal between 10:30 - 11:00 AM and begin boarding shortly thereafter. I think I'd be asleep after arriving at 1:00 AM.

Enjoy your cruise.

Have you considered getting a hotel for the night in Anchorage? That's what we planned and it was the best decision. We weren't able to board until 11:30. You do NOT want to give your luggage to the porters too early because it could very well get mixed up with the luggage of those disembarking.

The mileage to Seward is 127 miles and should take about 2 1/2 hours. I don't think you want to arrive at the cruise ship terminal at that hour of the morning as I don't even think it would be open at that time.

Archived