Boooking our shore excursions tonight! HELP!!

barbara brad

We are 3 adventurous couples,(50ish!) Going on the Island Princess to the Panama Canal in April. We are getting together tonight for dinner and drinks and our laptops to simultaneously book our excursions. We are going through the PRINCESS Site because of safety issues.( Don't ask, we have a few frady cats including my husband)

I have been reading reviews on this site and the ports site. We definatly are zip lining, thinking Jamaica, because Costa Rica has more to do.

Anything that we must do?? All responces are welcome

Thanks

Barbara

IF you have the chance to do a Helmet Dive, do it! My husband was going to do one in Grand Cayman but we could not go ashore, so he ended up doing it in Cozumel and is hooked! So much so, he has convinced me to try it also. His pictures were unbelievable! I wished I had gone... lol!!!

We enjoyed a canopy tour in Costa Rica. We were on these little carts that rode right above the tree line. Can't remember the official name of the tour. I know that we also went down a river in Costa Rica and saw howler monkeys all over the place.

Give your ports, and I'm sure some more folks will chime in.

Wyn

We really enjoyed our excursion at the Bocuare Nature preserve out of Limon.This was a few years ago, but we had a guide with a spotting scope, delicious food accompanied by fresh squeezed juices, a hummingbird garden in addition to a hiking trail and the lagoon, and a small souvenir shop. They had only recently opened and it sounds like they have expanded quite a bit. It appeared to be a family run business and they were all very friendly and helpful. Thanks to our guide, we were able to identify many species of birds with which we were unfamiliar and got great close up sloth photos. Be prepared for the heat tho. I don't know how much trail walking through the jungle there is on this tour now, but we looked like something out an Indiana Jones movies- soaking wet. However, they provided fresh juices at their rest stops and no one got dehydrated. We are their food with gusto when we were finished. Lets see, we were late 50's then.

Others we met on the ship enjoyed a boat ride where they saw a lot of monkeys (we could hear the monkeys, but never actually saw them) and some others enjoyed their trip to a native village.

Its a great trip and have a wonderful time. Oh, I almost forgot, if you are going to the Cayman's we enjoyed the excursion where you snorkeled in the Coral Gardens and then went to Stingray City. They have something about their friendly moray eel in the ad. They also had a videographer on board from which you could purchase both an underwater and above water video of your trip.

Just seeing the canal is a great treat. I would do this trip again in a heart beat.

The Canopy tour through the rainforest in Costa Rica is spectacular. We also went down the canals and had a great lunch in an open-air restaurant. Highly recommended.

I've heard tell that the Mud Volcano is alot of fun in Cartagena. We did the walking tour which was okay.

Take the boat tour or the train ride in the Canal if you want to see the Pacific. The boat tour will take you completely through the canal to the other side. Or, if you just want to chill, stay aboard the ship and enjoy the transit going back out. The ship will be basically deserted and you'll be able to enjoy the view without the crowds on deck.

Sandals in Jamaica is fun and all-inclusive.

Have a great cruise!

We went to Costa Rica for a couple of weeks near that area (not on a cruise). We went to the sloth farm and saw "Buttercup" and did the canoe ride...it was fun , but mellow. We did the 24 platform zip line which was amazing, scary, but after releasing off the 1st platform and figuring out how to brake, they all got easier. Our favorite thing there was the white water rafting trip. You can't go wrong with any of the trips in Costa Rica...walking through the forrest is nice too...watch for sloths and monkeys...listen to the howler monkeys...the sound is midevil!!! Can't comment on the rest, other than it is much cheaper to book everything yourself rather than pay Princess (if you can avoid it).

Archived