Booking a Cabin with Children

ssolomon56

We're planning a large group cruise for next year and several families are bringing their kids. One of my daughters is bringing her 12 year old daughter and 16 year old son. They'd like to put them in a room next door if possible. Another family has three young children...but the rooms only hold 4 people. What to do? :confused: Any thoughts?

While my DH and I have cruised over 30 times...we've always cruised alone.

Pick a ship that holds 5 people. Any Carnival ship built before 200 you can put 5 in a cabin. ... but you said you wanted the children next door, not in the cabin? Some ships also have connecting cabins, with a door that you can leave open between the cabins, so have two baths. Balconys you can remove the divider .... just depends on what you want?

Triumph for instance holds 5, but you have to call to book 5.

The way I see it, you have 2 options.

1) Book two rooms side by side. Wife in one with 2 kids, husband in other with 3rd kid. You can set the sleeping arrangements as you desire. This would give you more space and 2 bathrooms.

2) Take advantage of having a large group and book one of your kids in someone's room that hasn't maxed out. Maybe grandma and grandpa are in a room. When you go on the cruise, have all the small children sleep with you in your cabin. This would make for a tight fit, but you said they are small.

The way I see it, you have 2 options.

1) Book two rooms side by side. Wife in one with 2 kids, husband in other with 3rd kid. You can set the sleeping arrangements as you desire. This would give you more space and 2 bathrooms.

2) Take advantage of having a large group and book one of your kids in someone's room that hasn't maxed out. Maybe grandma and grandpa are in a room. When you go on the cruise, have all the small children sleep with you in your cabin. This would make for a tight fit, but you said they are small.

I think option #2 would be the best!!! Plus they get the better rate for the other child.

We're planning a large group cruise for next year and several families are bringing their kids. One of my daughters is bringing her 12 year old daughter and 16 year old son. They'd like to put them in a room next door if possible. Another family has three young children...but the rooms only hold 4 people. What to do? :confused: Any thoughts?

While my DH and I have cruised over 30 times...we've always cruised alone.

For your daughters 2 kids they should book 1 adult 1 child in a OV or balcony whatever they want and book the other adult and child in an inside directly across from whatever room they booked. When you get on board the sleeping arrangements can be however you want them. The inside though will be cheaper than the outside. Like you said though they could do rooms next to each other but I'd go the cheaper option especially since the kids are older and won't need as much supervision. I'm saying book 1 kid with 1 adult because I think Carnival policy is that when booking there must be someone over the age of 21 in the room.

I also agree with option 2 for the family with 3 children.

Have been on 12 Carnival cruises and each time we have taken our two boys, we usually book an outside cabin and book the boys in an inside cabin opposite our cabin, we have never had to book an adult in the room with them as told they are part of the family. OUr friends did book two cabins and resgistered an adult in each cabin, meaning one child and one adult in each cabin, once on board went straight to the desk and got it switched round, not a problem, i think it might depend on who you are booking with. Just to mention when the boys were very young we were all in the same cabin, it was a bit cramped but worked out ok.

So to answer your question I would book an outside each for the adults and and 2 insides for the kids depending on the ages of the younger ones, if they are very young book them in a connecting room to the adults.

We sail with our three sons. While we have sailed with all five of us un a cabin on Victory, that option's not available on the newer ships, so we book a balcony and an inside directly across the hall. If the other cabin is directly across the hall, they'll book the parents in one and the kids in the other. If the cabins are not directly across from one another, one parent will have to be booked in each cabin.

Archived