bar set up on RCCL

jackdis

Hi! Just wondering if RCCL has a "bar set up" or something similar. If so, what is it called? Who do i contact about this? We had it on NCL and would like to have it again. I have tried the search feature with no luck. That's why I am wondering if it is called something else. Also, I have looked at pages and pages of threads and only seem to find ones about smuggling alcohol on board. We are not looking to do that. We want it in our room when we arrive! Thanks in advance......

There will be a "mini-bar", but it contains NO alcohol!!! Only sodas, water and snacks.

They won't deliver alcohol for making your own drinks to your room. You can order drinks from the bars and take them to your cabin to drink, tho.

Just to clarify.....the "bar set up" i was referring to was not a mini bar. Before sailing we ordered a bottle of Absolut. It was in our room upon arrival. There were several choices of hard liquor from which to pick. It was not cheap....but we still thought it was well worth it.

That is the kind of thing we were looking to do again. I did call RCCL gifts. You can order wine and champagne only. It was the same with NCL, but then, from this board, I was directed on how to get the set up. Even the NCL workers were unaware of this, or did not mention it, if they were. It was ordered through an email to the ship coordinator.

I was just wondering if anyone had done this on RCCL.

jackdis, at present RCI will NOT allow you to purchase a bar set-up for your cabin. While other lines will, RCI's current alcohol policy is to trust no one....period. In essence, they are saying their customers cannot behave as adults. There is no other explanation.

I'd pay whatever they wanted for the convenience of a bar set-up however I'm not holding my breath they will relent.

Just to clarify.....the "bar set up" i was referring to was not a mini bar. Before sailing we ordered a bottle of Absolut. It was in our room upon arrival. There were several choices of hard liquor from which to pick. It was not cheap....but we still thought it was well worth it.

That is the kind of thing we were looking to do again. I did call RCCL gifts. You can order wine and champagne only. It was the same with NCL, but then, from this board, I was directed on how to get the set up. Even the NCL workers were unaware of this, or did not mention it, if they were. It was ordered through an email to the ship coordinator.

I was just wondering if anyone had done this on RCCL.

As it has been said on this thread already, it´s against RCI´s policy and there is nothing like this on RCI. You can order wine and champagne and that´s it. No hard liquors. There used to be outside companies delivering gift baskets to your cabin which had alcohol in it and RCI discontinued the allowence of this as well. You are out of luck on this.

No, it's not. Is the first round on you???

:-)

While we are busy on board, we also enjoy having some drinks on the balcony of our suite.

Not knowing what ship you are sailing on, but if you are booked in a Grand Suite or above and are sailing on a ship that features a Concierge Lounge, you will be entitled to visit the lounge all day and during the evening from 5-8:30 for cocktail hour. All beverages are free.

Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to take drinks out of the CL to enjoy on your balcony.............unless you would like to take it out in a paper cup.

Yes, I had a bar set up on our NCL Hawaii cruise. It was very convenient. It was a port intensive cruise and it was nice just to hit the balcony with a drink as we sailed away each afternoon. It would be nice to have that with RCI. But the concierge lounge almost makes up for it. ;)

I really wish RCI would sell bar set-ups in cabins. I don't see why it is a problem. I think they are missing out on a good money maker.

As far as under-age drinking, if they find a drunk 15-year-old, throw him and his family off at the next port.

I really wish RCI would sell bar set-ups in cabins. I don't see why it is a problem. I think they are missing out on a good money maker.

As far as under-age drinking, if they find a drunk 15-year-old, throw him and his family off at the next port.

I agree,it would be nice to just buy ahead of time and have it there in the cabin. After the ship sailed that was our first visit,to the ships package store. That kept us from packing our own,now its back to packing a bottle.

Never seen a drunk teen though. We sail when there are fewer children.

Archived