StandBy Program

Thumper69

Has anyone used the standby program? Did it work well? Was it a good deal? What categories were offered?

Thanks

Anthony

I signed up for this about 3-4 years ago through Princess asking to be notified anytime up to sailing and I have never received a notice from them on any sailing. :cool:

Has anyone used the standby program? Did it work well? Was it a good deal? What categories were offered?
I've never heard of a standby program. Not sure how that would work since by Homeland Security law, the ship's manifest must be submitted 48 hours before sailing. If there are any changes, the ship cannot sail until 48 hours after the revised manifest has been submitted.

I've never heard of a standby program. Not sure how that would work since by Homeland Security law, the ship's manifest must be submitted 48 hours before sailing. If there are any changes, the ship cannot sail until 48 hours after the revised manifest has been submitted.

Not true Pam, after being waitlisted on the Emerald last Oct we were added to the cruise on Friday and sailed on Sat. :)

Pam, maybe it is a new program. If you look in your Captain's Circle the standtby tab is in the list on the upper right side just under your name. I'll just keep an eye out and see what comes in, never know your luck!:D

Anthony

I signed up for that a long time ago, and best as I can remember I never got a last minute offer for anything. Maybe has to do with the parameters I set, but it seems to me like I should have gotten some anyway. :confused:

I signed up for that a long time ago, and best as I can remember I never got a last minute offer for anything. Maybe has to do with the parameters I set, but it seems to me like I should have gotten some anyway. :confused:

Me too!! I set some pretty wide parameters. :eek:

One would imagine that this would be a great system for those living at or with driving distance of the port of embarkation for wouldn't having to fly without prior reservations nullify any savings offered as a last minute passenger?

Pam, maybe it is a new program. If you look in your Captain's Circle the standtby tab is in the list on the upper right side just under your name. I'll just keep an eye out and see what comes in, never know your luck!:D

Anthony

Anthony, that 'stand by' has been there for many years. I signed up probably 5+ years ago, and to date, have never received any offers for it.

What it is is last minute offers to fill the ship. But then, Princess hasn't had any problems doing that in many many years, so that is probably why. ;)

I just looked again on the Princess website and the program I was referring too is being notified of available cruises an a last minute basis. Not really a standby.

Correct , I also understood it to be getting rid of last minute unsold or late cancellations of cabins. I agree not truely a "standby". But if it gets me a good deal and another cruise I don't care.:D I don't want to wait 417 days for my next cruise.;)

Anthony

Correct , I also understood it to be getting rid of last minute unsold or late cancellations of cabins. I agree not truely a "standby". But if it gets me a good deal and another cruise I don't care.:D I don't want to wait 417 days for my next cruise.;)

Anthony

Anthony, since the stand by doesn't seem to have very many offers, I might make a suggestion. Find a good travel agent that monitors the flash promotions Princess offers after final payment. Many times you can find fantastic deals, especially if you aren't particular where your stateroom is located onboard, or what category you end up in. Good Luck!

After reading this on CC I thought so too, but they added us the day prior. Luckily we had planned on flying down to FLL anyway.

Colo, think this misunderstanding is that usually they try to to notify you at 48 hours in order to give you time to submit the imm info which has to be submitted to the ship 24 hours prior, The ship is locked down to new passengers if it leaves at 4pm on saturday at 4 pm on friday. At least thats how i last understood it.

Colo, think this misunderstanding is that usually they try to to notify you at 48 hours in order to give you time to submit the imm info which has to be submitted to the ship 24 hours prior, The ship is locked down to new passengers if it leaves at 4pm on saturday at 4 pm on friday. At least thats how i last understood it.

I think thats it, we were notified in the afternoon on Friday. ;)

As a matter of interest, on more than one occasion while on board, about 2 or 3 days prior to the end of the cruise, we have gone to the Purser's Desk and indicated that we would like to stay aboard for the next cruise.

Each time we have been told that the next sailing is full up.

As a matter of interest, on more than one occasion while on board, about 2 or 3 days prior to the end of the cruise, we have gone to the Purser's Desk and indicated that we would like to stay aboard for the next cruise.

Each time we have been told that the next sailing is full up.

Would they do it if it was not filled up?

Been signed up for a while and have never received anything... I wish they would at least send out one email yearly saying "Hey! We know you are signed up but nothing has been available" just to know that the feature actually works.

Archived