Fam Review - Independence of the Seas - Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Fort Lauderdale

crusinmama06

Day 2 - Sea Day

Started off with Breakfast in the main dining room - Romeo & Juliet

Choices every day in the dining room were Omlets, Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Pancakes, Cereal (Hot/Cold), Home Fried Potatoes, Hash Browns, Bacon, Toast, Bagels, Fresh Fruit Selection, Orange/Apple/Tomato Juice, Coffee, Tea

114.jpg

In the afternoon for the kids Ages 6-8 Adventure Ocean -

The Circus comes to Town

The kids had a circus parade and them a performance in the Promenade in front of Sorrentos

131.jpg

134.jpg

At this point, I am LOVING AFT LIFE. I don't think I ever want to go back to a mid deck cabin.

130.jpg

334.jpg

We tried Johnny Rockets - ONE HOUR WAIT - Price is up to $4.95 per person. Coupons are in the books for any Crown/Anchor members. We ordered milk shakes which cost us $4.50 each. The rest of the food was included. The milk shakes were not worth $4.50. And I can honestly say that the food was not worth the one hour wait. I am glad we did it. But won't be doing it again.

332.jpg

I am so glad that I ran across these photos. We are going on the Freedom this August and our TA was nice enough to snag 1404 for us. Not only is this our first aft, but it is also our first balcony. Seeing you picture of the wake and a bucket of beer on the little table... well, let's just say that this will be the highlight of my cruise.

I am so glad that I ran across these photos. We are going on the Freedom this August and our TA was nice enough to snag 1404 for us. Not only is this our first aft, but it is also our first balcony. Seeing you picture of the wake and a bucket of beer on the little table... well, let's just say that this will be the highlight of my cruise.

Enjoy! I am so jealous that you got that cabin! I was so happy when I was able to snag it for Indy. It has ruined me for any other cabin. They just don't measure up. ;)

Have a great cruise!

• 2 months later...

Hi, just reviving this thread to thank you for an excellent report. It is really helpful. We have just booked our first family cruise on the Independence Trans-Atlantic in April '10. We have 3 kids - girls aged 9 and 7, and a boy aged 4. The photos of your daughters dressed up for the formal nights were wonderful.

Thank you.

Hi, just reviving this thread to thank you for an excellent report. It is really helpful. We have just booked our first family cruise on the Independence Trans-Atlantic in April '10. We have 3 kids - girls aged 9 and 7, and a boy aged 4. The photos of your daughters dressed up for the formal nights were wonderful.

Thank you.

Awww thank you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise! I would love to do the TA on that ship.

Enjoy! And be sure to come back to tell us all about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Michelle~

When I was looking at your activities pages I noticed different ships. I am wondering if all ships do about the same thing or if it is divided into the class of ship within Carnival. Trying to decide which to look at, we will be on the Dream so I am trying to figure out what MIGHT be similear. I am trying to be patient for Sept-Oct to get some input into the Kids camp, but it is just so hard to wait!

Michelle~

When I was looking at your activities pages I noticed different ships. I am wondering if all ships do about the same thing or if it is divided into the class of ship within Carnival. Trying to decide which to look at, we will be on the Dream so I am trying to figure out what MIGHT be similear. I am trying to be patient for Sept-Oct to get some input into the Kids camp, but it is just so hard to wait!

Just look for the pages that match your child/children's age. Most activities are similiar fleetwide. For instance, I knew before we got on the Triumph that my 9 year old would have "People Bingo, Wii, Scavenger Hunt, Swimming Under the Stars" etc because I looked at the pages for other ships...not even in the same ship class, just the same age grouping. :)

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Michelle, your reviews are fabulous. I do notice that most of the programs highlighted are for kids younger (of course because that is of interest to you). My children are older, girl 11 and boy 14. Are the programs between Carnival and RCL drastically different for this age group? We just did an MSC cruise where the children's program for that age is really non-existent and the kids spent the week with us. Not really a problem but would love to book the next one on a line that has something they would enjoy.

Michelle, your reviews are fabulous. I do notice that most of the programs highlighted are for kids younger (of course because that is of interest to you). My children are older, girl 11 and boy 14. Are the programs between Carnival and RCL drastically different for this age group? We just did an MSC cruise where the children's program for that age is really non-existent and the kids spent the week with us. Not really a problem but would love to book the next one on a line that has something they would enjoy.

On our last cruise (Triumph, not Indy), my oldest is now 9 and was in the 9-11 year old group - which would be the same age as your youngest.

The biggest difference that I notice between Carnival and Royal Caribbean for these age groups -- dedicated youth areas FOR the older groups on RCCL. The 9-11 year olds on Carnival didn't have their own space, so they had activities all over the place. I had a hard time keeping up with where I was suppose to drop her off or meet her after the activity.

On RCCL - there is dedicated space for this age group.

On both Carnival and RCCL - you would have swimming, dance parties, video games, mini golf, basketball

On RCCL, you would have the added rock climbing, ice skating, flowrider (surfing), etc.

Archived