GRRRRR Carnival

robbyxoxo

how is it that they manage to consistantly lose documents?.....3 weeks ago i faxed in my paperwork to get the $100 credit for owning their stock....today i call to verify that it was credited to my account.....of course they show NO record of ever even receiving the paperwork....this is the second time this has happened to me.....i wasnt even surprised to hear them tell me that they didnt have it...ive almost come to expect their lameness.......moral of this story is to always double check!....or in some cases triple check!

yeah carnival sure does suck

Boy you have a problem with Carnival don't you? Here is post from the same guy that is currently on the RCI board. No facts to back up his garbage but he knows how to spew it.

A name is not just a name; it is an identity. If two people or objects have the same identity than they can be considered one in the same. There is no way that a Carnival ship can compare or compete with a Royal Caribbean ship.

Freedom of the Seas was totally original name when Royal Caribbean introduced it. Carnival stole the name. Carnival has always imitated Royal Caribbean. Why you might ask, because there is not an original thought in their company.

If a name was of no importance than why is the custom of a naming ceremony so important and celebrated

Maybe parents should not let their kids play with computers.

My first statement ware I said "yeah Carnival sure dose suck" was a joke and I apologize if it offended anybody. The thing is though; I do have some hostility towards Carnival. There are manly three reasons. Reason one, I think their ships are ugly (my opinion). Reason two they stole the deal with Princess out from under Royal Caribbean. The final reason and the most significant is that I don't know how much they care about their customers. Two of their ships have recently failed sanitary checks. (One that I sailed on) and when the Noro virus was going around it was primarily on their cruise line. Coincidence I think not. So yeah I don't really like them.

[QUOTE=Ericknow32] Reason two they stole the deal with Princess out from under Royal Caribbean.

Sorry, Eric, but the Royal Caribbean STOCKHOLDERS made that decision. For some odd reason they preferred receiving more value for their shares with Carnival, than Princess was offering ! ! :rolleyes:

Freedom of the Seas was totally original name when Royal Caribbean introduced it. Carnival stole the name.

Sorry again, Eric, but I don't recall any Carnival ship named "Freedom of the Seas". :confused:

As regards originality, Carnival took a broken down ship, the MARDI GRAS (which incidentally ran aground on her first sailing) and built it into the LARGEST CRUISE LINE IN THE WORLD. A company that made over ONE BILLION DOLLARS last year, pays cash for their new ships and buys up other cruise lines like its a hobby. What has RCI done lately ?

Your point about the sanitation scores is well taken. :)

. What has RCI done lately ?
ITS CALLED RETAKING THE TITLE OF WORLDS LARGEST CRUISE SHIP. THIS IS THE FIRST SHIP WITH ALL FLAT SCREEN TVS. AND THERE WILL BE A LOT MORE INNOVATIONS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE. THEY ARE THE FIRST CRUISE LINE WITH A ROCK CLIMBING WALL. THEY ARE THE FIRST CRUISE LINE WITH AN ICE SKATING RINK. THEY ARE THE FIRST CRUISE LINE TO PUT ON AN INLINE SKATING TRACK. THEY ARE THE FIRST CRUISE LINE TO PUT ON BUNGEE TRAMPOLINES. THEY ARE THE FIRST CRUISE LINE WITH SELF-LEVELING POOL TABLES. THEY ARE THE ONLY CRUISE LINE WITH A PROMENADE. THIS IS JUST ROYAL CARIBBEAN. I’M LEAVING OUT CELEBRITY’S INNOVATIONS.

WHAT HAS CARNIVAL CONTRIBUTED TO THE INDUSTRY LATELY?

REGARDING CARNIVALS SLEAZY BUSINESS DEALINGS, CARNIVAL HAD NO BUSINESS INTRUDING IN THE DEAL THAT ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAD MADE WITH PRINCESS.

AS REGARDS TO ORIGINALITY ROYAL CARIBBEAN WAS THE FIRST PLEASURE CRUISE, AT THE TIME THE REST WHERE PEOPLE MOVERS.

DON’T ATTACK ME. I DON’T MAKE STATEMENTS I CANT BACK UP

I think you should both calm down. Take a cruise on the line you want, and leave it at that.

I have not always been happy with Carnival, but I have not cruised on any other line. I have gotten close to booking Royal and Princess but opt for Carnival because we have fallen in love with the Spirit Class Ships and I know what to expect when I get to the ship.

So bottom line --- to each his own -- just put down the boxing gloves.

Even though it was a very interesting read.

Only 36 days till we sail our Miracle for New Years.

Just enjoy !

Eric you forgot to mention RCI Ranch steak :)

You know why they call it a free market eric so companies with the most money can out bid companies with lesser money and value on buessiness deals, it happens all the time not just in the cruise industry.

To answer your question about what Carnival has done lately my reply would be they have made it affordable for anyone to cruise. Now some dont like us *trailor trash, blue jean ,wearing,let their kids run wild types* but hey we bring all the excitement and reasons for people like to you to complain :D

Robbie, in all your posts, since you're so very negative about everything Carnival does - I'm just wondering why you would buy stock in the company?:rolleyes:

Surprise, I also own CCL stock!

I too think they a disaster. They always screw up shareholder credits. I even now mail my info in for the credit so I get a return receipt for it.How bad is that? Even after calling and mailing I had a cruise that it still was not applied to.They just don't seem to get it right time after time.

Why would or did I buy it? They have a good product and thanks to 9/11 I got in at under $20 so I have doubled my money. They also make a ton of money.Technically, all of us that do own it have more of a right to complain than those that do not, because it is our company and we don't like having to go thru grief for something that we are technically owners of.

Steve:D

here we go again:).....simply put, I'd buy stock in HELL if i thought i could make money in it....its allllll about the $$$.....playing the stock market has been my passion for years, so its not a far stretch for me to be buying/trading any stock.....i also just recently bought and sold RCL stock in order to get $250 credit on our upcoming celebrity cruise......all the times ive bought and sold Carnival stock its been just as a short term trade in order to capture the $100 stock credit.....the only time ive seriously considered buying it as an investment was right after 9/11 when the stock was beat down to the high teens, but there were too many other screaming buys at the time.............my personal feelings concerning Carnival or Walmart or McDonalds have nothing to do with my investment style.....Im still a firm believer in all my past statements about Carnival and their passengers....my biggest problem with sailing carnival remains with the type of passengers they draw....Based on my experiences i still believe that a good majority of carnival cruisers are walmart shopping, mcdonald eating types of people....my preference would be for a south beach kinda crowd, a crowd of people with beautiful bodies, dressed hip, eating sushi and sipping on a carrot juice drink.....but these kinda peeps are very much the minority on cruises.....this would have nothing to do with stock performance, but does play a part in why cruising isnt the perfect vacation for me personally....we sail on the Miracle Dec 5 and im sure we will have a good time....we will enjoy much of the entertainment, the food, the ports....we wont enjoy standing in lines, the corny games and jokes, and the mass crowds of square people

i should add, in DEFENSE of carnival, they are not alone with this ineptness....left and right consumers keep getting screwwwed....you ever notice that mistakes made on billings are rarely EVER in the favor of the consumer?.....go to your local grocery and keep close tabs on the number of items that ring up for the wrong price and see how many of them ever come up UNDER priced......NADA....NONE.......while dining in south beach last week we were charged for extra items....this has happened many times....never ONCE have i had items left off the bill.....how convenient of them......at Mangos niteclub in south beach the 15% gratuity is automatically added to your bill by them....ask them the price of your beer and they will tell you the price including tip....90% of the people in there are tourists and 90% of them ill bet dont realize that tip is already included and they are adding another 15/20% on top of the already 15% added......this is the kinda BS that the consumer deals with daily......Doggie eat doggie world we live in...CHOMP

Allen, LOL....dont be baiting me into picking on obese people! lol.....im just stupid enough to fall right into that lol......i didnt want to go there, but YES the average cruiser is a lil pudgey around the midsection!......id prefer a cruise full of models with 6 pack abs.....is that so wrong????:)....MYANGEL, my expectations for our upcoming cruise are set right where they need to be....i always know what to expect now and carnival consistantly provides that....both the good as well as the bad.....i guess i should at least give them an A+ for consistancy:)

...my biggest problem with sailing carnival remains with the type of passengers they draw....Based on my experiences i still believe that a good majority of carnival cruisers are walmart shopping, mcdonald eating types of people....my preference would be for a south beach kinda crowd, a crowd of people with beautiful bodies, dressed hip, eating sushi and sipping on a carrot juice drink...

Dang, that statement makes you look like the biggest snob that I have ever seen. I bet you walk around the ship with your nose stuck high in the air don't you? Heck, I thought I made a stink when I asked about drinking habits on the ship. What's wrong with shopping at Wal-Mart? Where do you do all of your shopping...Macy's? Well, I can tell you one thing about Carnival, they have made it very affordable for the average American (AKA Wal-Mart shopper, McDonald's eater, etc.) to be able to enjoy the pleasures of cruising. Not to mention that it is an excellent business move on their part.

Oh, one more thing, because of the affordability of a Carnival cruise, those Wal-Mart shoppers probably don't have to charge their whole vacation on their credit cards. Carnival cruiseships are just full of down-to-earth people who are not there to PRETEND to be something they are not!!!

Part of quote snipped.

my biggest problem with sailing carnival remains with the type of passengers they draw....Based on my experiences i still believe that a good majority of carnival cruisers are walmart shopping, mcdonald eating types of people....my preference would be for a south beach kinda crowd, a crowd of people with beautiful bodies, dressed hip, eating sushi and sipping on a carrot juice drink.....but these kinda peeps are very much the minority on cruises.....
Of course you want all of this on Wal-Mart prices. Go figure!!!! You get what you pay for. That statement will always ring true. Why not upgrade to Silverseas, Seabourne or Crystal if you want to hob nob with rich and famous that meets your tough standard of looks and dress? :rolleyes: I find it funny that you continue to sail on a cruise line that does not meet your standards and gives you bad customer service. I find your attitude totally condescending. Feel that you are better than the average Carnival cruiser eh? Well I guess when one saves twenty bucks by taking the city bus from the airport to their hotel across town it can give one the authority on that subject!!!!

Archived