GRRRRR Carnival

robbyxoxo

:) i KNEW we could have some fun with this topic!.....ya, my comments appear snobbish and condescending....no doubt........we all have a preference to the kind of people we would prefer to hang out with.....you dont see homeless bums hanging out with hollywood stars.......birds of a feather flock together....this is life....why is it so wrong for me to acknowledge that we are from all walks of life.......not a thing wrong with shopping walmart or prefering hamburger and fries, but its not for everyone....im as cheapazzz as they come....i dont pretend not to be a major penny pincher....anyone that knows me personally knows i am....being money smart allows me to retire 30 years early and vacation often....different strokes for different folks.....a blue collar worker who spends his off time drinking beers and watching football would prolly not be hanging with white collar guys whos hobbies are sailing and golfing.....such is life.......the south beach crowd is VERY different from the carnival cruising crowd....i would hope that at least we can agree on that much....i obviously prefer the south beach crowd........carnival is full of down to earth people....people that work hard to be able to afford their vacations....for many of them its a once in a lifetime trip.......id say most of them probably cant really afford to cruise but made the splurge anyways.....most of them will retire relying heavily on social security and would be better served using their cruise money to fund their IRA.............ill continue to sail carnival because they offer great value for what they provide....and me being the cheapazzz i am, i cant pass up a good deal......CRUISINGATOR is right....in a perfect world id love to cruise among the beautiful people but at walmart prices.......

DON’T ATTACK ME. I DON’T MAKE STATEMENTS I CANT BACK UP
LOL . . . . Please believe me, Eric, the day I decide to attack you, YOU WILL KNOW IT. I have no intention of attacking anyone.

Besides, you're too easy. It wouldn't be any fun. :D

:) ..im as cheapazzz as they come....i dont pretend not to be a major penny pincher....anyone that knows me personally knows i am....being money smart allows me to retire 30 years early and vacation often.............ill continue to sail carnival because they offer great value for what they provide....and me being the cheapazzz i am, i cant pass up a good deal......CRUISINGATOR is right....in a perfect world id love to cruise among the beautiful people but at walmart prices.......

Robby,

Are we related?

I'm a cheapazzz,retired 25 years early,& vacations often to the point of burnout.

Steve:D

Stevaaaaaa, sounds like we are!..... ill bet even Warren Buffet is a stingy azzz and hes one of the worlds richest....we all have our different priorities in life....some prefer to live life as it comes and not worry about tomorrow....some of us try and look down the road and prepare when it comes to all aspects of life....health and money being the 2 biggies....both ways have their advantages and disadvantages........on this last vacation we ate half of our meals at these little local hangouts eating side by side with homeless people....so its not like im afraid to mingle with anyone.....but even the homeless people in south beach are kewler than the average midwestener.....lol.....im a midwesterner from ohio and we're some square people here.....i just enjoy getting away from the squareness.....south beach gets me away from it.....going on a cruise just puts me around other squares:).....

.....i just enjoy getting away from the squareness.....south beach gets me away from it.....going on a cruise just puts me around other squares:).....

Robbyxoxo, We are in the process of trying to move to South Florida so we can take more cruises and not have to pay for airfare. I love South beach but the prices are a little too high for my pocket.I usually stay at the Holiday inn South beach using my points for free.I know many of those little local hangouts you talk about,I wish I was there now.Mayby we will get to meet sometime on a group cruise but I think we will have to be group leaders so we don't have to pay.:D

Steve

PS.How many CCers do you think would come with us?:eek:

I for one do not see the attraction of ice skating or rock cimbing on a ship. I am there for the sun & fun and friendly people you meet on a cruise ship. I have tried a couple of other lines but enjoy those Carinval FUN SHIPS.

Guess thay must have humans working there to make those mistakes. I personally don't know any Perfect People.....do you?

Guess thay must have humans working there to make those mistakes. I personally don't know any Perfect People.....do you?

Well it is time for new humans then.How many times can they screw up the same thing over and over again. This is not an isolated incident,it is a constant problem. Would it be allright if a shareholder on board, who did not get their onboard credit,but will get it after it is straightened out, to tell the room steward they will get theirs when it is straightened out?:eek:

Steve

LOL . . . . Please believe me, Eric, the day I decide to attack you, YOU WILL KNOW IT. I have no intention of attacking anyone.

Besides, you're too easy. It wouldn't be any fun. :D

See, you did attack me. You said that I am a liar and I cant back up what I say. Plus dispute is fun, a lot of fun.

Seems like lots of companies have both good & bad employees. Sorry you keep getting the same incompetent ones. Today's society.....some people don't take pride in their work like they used to. I think I will just keep cruising till they get it right. 11_12_3.gif

Steveaaaa LOL....i think a few CCers may come JUST to throw you and me overboard lol......im in agreement on moving to southern FL....cant get enough of that warm air and sunshine.....now if only south beach had the same blue waters found in the caribbean:).....on this last trip i think ive located enough cheap places to eat to be able to afford to stay there for a months stay next time....as expensive as some of the places are, you can find some shady lookin places that are just crazy cheap to eat at.....by the end of our weeks stay we were practically on a first name basis with all the bums hanging out on washington ave......we must be crazy in the head, but we actually enjoyed the poor mans food more than the food we ate at the nice places on Ocean dr.............i was checking out the prices for condos to buy and rent down there and its certainly more than we pay back home for a similar place......but i think i could handle a studio size apartment for a month or two each year just to get away from the winters of ohio....though first sign of a cockroach and my wife might come racing back to ohio:)

See, you did attack me. You said that I am a liar and I cant back up what I say.
(my emphasis)

Eric,

There is a world of difference between calling someone a liar and disagreeing with their opinion.

President Clinton and President Nixon lied to me. You were merely expressing an opinion with which I disagreed. :)

[quote name='Cotton'][b]Note to self: Never again open a thread by robbyxo or steveaaaa.:p [/b][/QUOTE]
You just can't help yourself!:D

You would hate to miss some words of wisdom.Where else can you go and get some real down to earth thoughts?;) Real thoughts from real people on real issues.

I would almost bet that you could not help yourself and end up replying to this post,or any other future postings.:p

Steveaaaa

Please. I loathe Walmart and NEVER go near their stores. I love Carnival, and am scheduled for the Miracle in Jan.

My family(7 to 10 people at a time) cruise A LOT, at least twice a year, with one cruise being over either New Years or Christmas. We always have balcony cabins. I don't think the people who must shop (or work) at a Walmart could afford it. We cruise on Carnival because they have a more upbeat, fun atmosphere, far superior food, and most fellow passengers are more interested in enjoying themselves than impressing anyone else. My family group is comprised of professionals (2 PhD's, 1 MD, 2 RN's and I'm an attorney), all college educated well-read, polite people. I've met a lot of similar people on Carnival.

Archived