Solstice Tortolla question

Quinn

Has anyone done the Virgin Gorda and the Baths excursion thru the cruiseline on the Solstice? We usually plan our own excursion but the time that we are in Tortolla is very limited so we would probably be safer going thru Celebrity. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....:)

Thanks - Was there enough time to see everything or was it rushed?

Well, I would have enjoyed more time, but it was enough time to see the Baths, to go through the caves, and do some swimming or relaxing. There was no snorkeling that day because of high winds. The ship's short stay makes it a bit tough.

Solstice's layover at Tortola is pretty short. Unlike ships that offer longer layovers, it is difficult to get to the Baths and back on time unless you take the ship's excursion. The Solstice excursion had a dedicated ferry that made the round trip and left/returned before the scheduled ferry service. Once at Virgin Gorda, you will be taken to Savannah Beach where you spend 45 minutes. That little stop really cuts into the time you have to visit the Baths. Once you get to the Baths you have just enough time time to walk down to the beach, through the caves and return to the top of the hill.

Last week the ship's excursion must have stuck to her schedule, because we departed Tortolla exactly at 1pm.

I wouldn't try to do it on my own. The ship will not wait for you.

We would have liked to stay a little longer in Tortolla. We went to Cane Garden Bay...it would have been nice to stay for lunch and a bit more bathing before returning to the ship.

A good reason for a return........

Virginia

• 1 month later...
I am interested in going to see the Baths but was wondering how difficult it would be for someone who is 5 months prengant. Is it a difficult hike?

The hike is uneven terrain and often crowded, we had a 3 yo and ended up carrying him most of the way down mainly due to steepness for his little legs, he had an easy time in the baths though being so small, if you take it nice and easy and watch your footing you should be okay, its a pretty cool sight at the end.

IMG_0847.jpg.06e46c701de61b74af50868600f169e0.jpg

Archived