Cococay: Hit or Miss? What are the odds you will get there?

lissaw16

Wow, that's a really crappy average. These are the kinds of stories that I am seeing... missing all times of the year (May (x2), September (x2), November).

It really is, but if you see only what you want to see, namely the posts where someone has missed it more than they have made it, that is the conclusion that you will reach. If you go back through the posts and read them carefully you will find that the sailings where Coco Cay was successfully visited significantly outnumber those where it was missed. The problem with any such comparison is that it may or may not apply to your sailing. Weather conditions are variable and there are no guarantees in life (except perhaps death and taxes). Stuff happens and you learn to accept that fact.:) You can't control everything so live a bit dangerously and take a chance on this cruise. What happens, happens.;)

Hi shipshape sam,

We were on the Feb 6th Majesty sailing and had to bypass Coco Cay Feb 7th due to winds & seas. We ended up going to Nassau about 7pm that evening for an overnighter. I was also told the previous 3 cruises by the Majesty didn't stop there either.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the 2/23 4-night on Monarch... we were supposed to go to Coco Cay on Tuesday, Nassau Wednesday and at sea Thursday.

Captain Karin attempted Coco Cay on Tuesday, but 15mph winds prevented safe tendering. We spent the day at sea (in the winds), then headed to Nassau, and docked about 12 hours early (around 7pm).

We took another attempt at Coco Cay on Thursday, and this time 25mph winds kept us at sea.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed. The weather overall was windy the whole cruise, to the point that I never considered sunbathing or swimmming. The sun was nice, but it was unpleasant to be outdoors for any length of time due to the winds. I assume this is not the norm...?

We missed cococay and instead went to key west day early .This I think was a bonus. it seems now they must have switched route because they end up in bahammas for night. I wonder the cost diff.to the cruise line if it is advantage to them to miss a port.

Archived