8g Rooms

briandama

Quick question...Has anyone ever had a catagory 8g room on a ship in the same class as the Glory?....they are the balcony rooms at the very back of the ship....I heard somewhere that these balcony rooms dont have a couch in them....We are directly in the center on the upper deck....Can anyone confirm or deny this??.....Thanks

Quick question...Has anyone ever had a catagory 8g room on a ship in the same class as the Glory?....they are the balcony rooms at the very back of the ship....I heard somewhere that these balcony rooms dont have a couch in them....We are directly in the center on the upper deck....Can anyone confirm or deny this??.....Thanks

We did have a couch in our 8G room. The 9A's sometimes do not have a couch. The balcony on the 8G is deeper however the over hang is narrow and during the day there is very little shade and the balcony can be very hot. The the mornings and evenings are wonderful.

Thank You very much......The reason i ask is because somewhere on the cruise critic boards i believe i read that the ones on the ends do have them but the ones in the middle do not....Any thoughts on that?

Thank You very much......The reason i ask is because somewhere on the cruise critic boards i believe i read that the ones on the ends do have them but the ones in the middle do not....Any thoughts on that?

Our daughter and family was in the 8G right beside our 9A so I guess that would make it the end one and they also had a couch which pulled out to a bed for our grandaughter.

The reason i ask is because somewhere on the cruise critic boards i believe i read that the ones on the ends do have them but the ones in the middle do not....Any thoughts on that?

We had cabin 7448 on the Conquest and didn't have a sofa.

I am booked in an 8G (cabin 8454) on the March 28th sailing of the Glory. From what I have understood, the cabins in the middle have a couch, but the 2 8G cabins on the end next to the 9A wraps only have a table and 2 chairs. Correct me if I am wrong though.

We also had 7448 and there was no sofa. In a previous thread, it was stated that because the 2 center cabins on each aft deck are slightly narrower, there isn't room for a sofa. Honestly, it wasn't that big a deal. The time we spent in the cabin was mostly spent on the balcony where there were two chairs with ottoman. We have 6485 in a few days, so it supposedly has a sofa, so I'll have something to compare the two.

• 1 month later...
We also had 7448 and there was no sofa. In a previous thread, it was stated that because the 2 center cabins on each aft deck are slightly narrower, there isn't room for a sofa. Honestly, it wasn't that big a deal. The time we spent in the cabin was mostly spent on the balcony where there were two chairs with ottoman. We have 6485 in a few days, so it supposedly has a sofa, so I'll have something to compare the two.

We have 7448 on the freedom. Did u like the aft cabin room?

We have 7448 on the freedom. Did u like the aft cabin room?

We just got back on Sunday and had 6485 this time. I liked it better because it just seemed more convenient to everything. We only heard noise from downstairs a couple of times during the art auction, but never during the night. You can go here to view the full album http://travel.webshots.com/album/570449533XOYrqB

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday....cabin 7444. The cabin next to ours, next to the wrap, had the two chairs. We were the next one over and had a couch.

I believe the one on each end, next to the wrap have the chair and no couch.

LOVE the aft. Wouldn't want any other.

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday....cabin 7444. The cabin next to ours, next to the wrap, had the two chairs. We were the next one over and had a couch.

I believe the one on each end, next to the wrap have the chair and no couch.

LOVE the aft. Wouldn't want any other.

Seems from thread each ship varies on sofa, couch or chairs in aft cabins. Never tried aft cabin, but changed to aft on upcoming cruise. Have always stayed on lido deck.

We had 6485 on the Glory in Jan and we had a coach. It is the first aft balcony next to the 9A wrap balcony. Our balcony was big enough for two chairs, a table and a lounge chair. Nice size balcony. It was cool on our sailing so the hot sun didn't bother us, but I would imagine it could get terribly hot back there in the summer.

We're sailing on the Valor, another Conquest class ship, in 10 days and we have 7442. Someone was nice enough to show us photos of the cabin and there's no couch, instead a small round table with two bistro-style chairs. It does have the extended balcony, as all the aft 8G's have. We've been told (haven't had an aft cabin yet, just "side" balconies) that there's not a lot of wind to deal with, and the view is spectacular. We're looking forward to it!

Speaking of Carnival's website......I am booked on the Dream. When I go in to do a mock booking to check price, (we are in a 9A wrap)....well the color chart of the cabins are different from the categories listed. My cabin is a turquoise color, and 9A are suppose to be a dark green?????

Is it just a mix up on their site???? Not sure what cabin category to click on.

My confirmation from TA says 9A and right cabin #. I read somewhere that they were changing their categories....Have they???

Thank You!!

Are the 8G balconies mostly covered? We are going on the Liberty and looking at one of the 8G's on level 7 and want to make sure at least part of the balcony is covered up. Thanks!

When I look at the photos on carnivals website of the Dream as it is being built the back decks look staggered, so the balconies on deck 7 look like they may not have much shade at all. Take a look for yourself and see what3201567017_16dbe4355f_o.jpg you think. I am on deck 9 which is the very top deck of balconies.......then count down to 7.

Karen

We didn't take too many pictures of the room but I assure you, it's perfect. The only issue we encountered was the room sterward Don. He was very nice, but didn't get to our room till late afternoon or early evening. He should have cleaned room in the morning and then provided turn down service at night. He ended up coming just once at about 8:00pm and cleaning and doing turn down service all in one. Otherwise, enjoy the balcony. You have the most beautiful view off your balcony. We order room service for breakfast everyday and enjoyed coffee and a bagel on the balcony every morning. Heavenly!!! Have a wonderful trip!!! If I find a pic, I'll post it...

Archived