Footwear for Shore Excursions

librarylady19

This from the antithesis of a shoe freak... What I wear most on excursions is closed-front, closed-heel EasySpirit canvas shoes which are much lighter and more breathable than "walking shoes", and they take far less room in the one (yes, ONE) large suitcase we travel in. Sandals are out because you never know what you'll stub your big toe on and dirt gets in too easily. Also, I never teeter along on 4" heels on a moving ship, an ankle sprain can put quite a crimp on the rest of your trip!:D

Hi:)to walk around the Caribbean? Easy Spirit makes some

supportive AND comfortable sandals too. I had a pair of them

for a good long time. Glad you found what you need.:D Maybe its

because I live in Florida? But closed shoes for the Caribbean

(daytime) are just not my thing;)

Oh, I NEVER wear 4 inch heels on the ship either:D...I don't

own 4 inch heels in anything....LOL

Like many of you, I'm not comfortable in closed shoes in warm weather.

Have read the thread and haven't seen my two favorites mentioned yet, so thought I'd toss them in: Born and Italian Shoemakers.

Many Born sandals are clunky-looking, but they make a few 'flip flip' styles that are all right and are EXTREMELY comfortable (good arch support, made for walking). They can be a bit heavy so shop carefully.

Italian Shoemakers, on the other hand, specialize in very, very lightweight sandals, in both flip flop (thong between the toe) and slide-on/off styles. They usually feature a wedge heel. Really comfortable (for me, anyway)!!

Like many of you, I'm not comfortable in closed shoes in warm weather.

Have read the thread and haven't seen my two favorites mentioned yet, so thought I'd toss them in: Born and Italian Shoemakers.

Many Born sandals are clunky-looking, but they make a few 'flip flip' styles that are all right and are EXTREMELY comfortable (good arch support, made for walking). They can be a bit heavy so shop carefully.

Italian Shoemakers, on the other hand, specialize in very, very lightweight sandals, in both flip flop (thong between the toe) and slide-on/off styles. They usually feature a wedge heel. Really comfortable (for me, anyway)!!

Hey Dawn:D I have at least 3 pairs of Italian Shoemakers!

I don't wear them for excursions but they are so cute for

dinner time:) And you are correct, most have wedge heels!

Oh I cannot wear Born:eek: they always seem too stiff AND narrow!

I love my Tevas, they have good support and are waterproof.

I wore my Tevas all over the Caribbean, even into the water. They have good traction on the soles and were comfortable to me. The only reason I had sneakers at all with me (I hate my feet hot & sweaty too!) was because I had to fly to and from 30-degree weather at home and then my toes want to be covered up!

The sandals I packed for dinner (with sundresses) were from Softspot. Bought them at Shoebuy. lowel186093_19288_lg.jpg

Really comfy.

The reason I like that pair of Softspots is that I have foot and heel problems. I need to have it looked at but other things seem to keep taking priority. But I must wear a shoe with good support (I even wear sneakers at home when wearing my pajamas because I need the support) and these have that, in addition to being feminine and lightweight. I had tried 2-3 other pairs of white sandals in other brands before getting these and I just love them! You know how some shoes you try on the first time and think "not bad" but then when you wear them an hour or two you notice they're maybe not so good after all? These were not like that at all.

Hi:)to walk around the Caribbean? Easy Spirit makes some

supportive AND comfortable sandals too. I had a pair of them

for a good long time. Glad you found what you need.:D Maybe its

because I live in Florida? But closed shoes for the Caribbean

(daytime) are just not my thing;)

Oh, I NEVER wear 4 inch heels on the ship either:D...I don't

own 4 inch heels in anything....LOL

Hi Lois! Normally, I don't take closed-toe shoes for the Caribbean either, but I was glad I wore a pair on the trip to NOLA last month! The temps were cool for the Caribbean, and even rainy and overcast most of the trip. I wore my Privos alot that cruise! Even with the yucky weather, it was still a great cruise!

it s always been a comfortable pair of sandal s for warm weather

and for onboard..sneaker s and loafers..

but, for the upcoming cruise to Alaska..i ve order d a pair of

duck boots from LLBean..and i ll be bringing a pair of hiking

boots as well..

We gave up precious packing space and weight for extra walking shoes for our Alaska cruise. Our kids were adult sized by then and wore grown up sized shoes, so for the 4 of us it was quite a bit. Every packing suggestion I had read said to bring 2 pair of sneakers, in case one got wet. Well, our shoes did get a little wet, just like at home when it rains, but there was always a sea day in between port days, even if there wasn't, our shoes never got that wet. We ended up needing only one pair each and one thing I always regretted was taking along extra heavy shoes to Alaska.

I have no idea what duck boots are, but you may be overdoing it with 2 pair of boots. Unless you are going on a big hike, one pair of water resistant athletic shoes is plenty for an Alaska cruise. If we ever go again (loved it!), we would only pack one pair of port day shoes each.

I love my Keen Newports. They're a sandal that thinks it's a sneaker! LOL!

7954-210361-t.jpg

I originally bought them for a cruise, but I landed up wearing them all the time. So, so comfortable and I stand on my feet for 9 hours at my job. I've used them for boating and hiking also. They are machine washable and clean up very easily. Two weeks ago, someone dropped a case of beer on my foot and I felt no pain. The toe guard is the best! The case just bounced right off of them.

Hi Lois! Normally, I don't take closed-toe shoes for the Caribbean either, but I was glad I wore a pair on the trip to NOLA last month! The temps were cool for the Caribbean, and even rainy and overcast most of the trip. I wore my Privos alot that cruise! Even with the yucky weather, it was still a great cruise!

Hi Carmen:)glad you had the right shoes with you for that one:D

Good to see you again!:)

I love my Keen Newports. They're a sandal that thinks it's a sneaker! LOL!

7954-210361-t.jpg

I originally bought them for a cruise, but I landed up wearing them all the time. So, so comfortable and I stand on my feet for 9 hours at my job. I've used them for boating and hiking also. They are machine washable and clean up very easily. Two weeks ago, someone dropped a case of beer on my foot and I felt no pain. The toe guard is the best! The case just bounced right off of them.

My dh and I both like the Keens! They are very comfortable!

Archived