Cruise in August...should I book airfare now?

SeaGypsies

Is it too early to book airfare for a cruise out of Southampton in August? We are flying from a small city in Northern California to the UK.

Has anyone used Flybe as a connecting flight in the UK?

How would you need a connecting flight in the UK? Would you not just fly to LHR or LGW? Both are around 1-1.5 hours from Southampton.

We are thinking of flying into Dublin, then taking Flybe on to Southampton to save the hassle at Heathrow or Gatwick and the Princess transfers to the port in Southampton. We want to stay a night pre-cruise in Southampton. The airfare isn't too bad ( :confused:) to Dublin from SFO right now. It's around $1150 for 2 people, one-way. Then about another $130 down to SOU. That's why I'm curious if anyone on this board has used Flybe before. Are they reliable, etc.?

Ah, I see. That's actually not a bad plan, although I personally wouldn't pay a lot more just to avoid LHR. If you're looking at 1-way, can I assume this is for a transatlatic? As already said, prices can fluctuate a lot, and with the economy the way it is, it's hard to say if prices will go up or down. However, August is still high season, so I'd be more apt to book sooner rather than later.

You might get more response re: Flybe if you title a thread with the name, or even in the Britain folder.

Thanks Twickerham. The fares seem to be about the same any way I look at it. My husband wanted the most hassel-free cruise I could come up with so that's why I am considering Flybe right into SOU. Not going transatlantic. Will get a slightly different tickets home because of details on this end.

Archived