Do you have to wear a dress?

humboldt

We are 4 "girls";)who have been close friends for the past 5o years and are this year celebrating our 60th birthdays by taking our first cruise. We are going on the Destiny, April 20th. I have been reading cc the last year and have learned alot, but it looks like most of you wear dresses on the "formal" nights and we were planning on wearing the formal wide leg silky pants with dressy tops. Is this ok, we don't want to look out of place. We are very excited and can hardly wait for the next 66 days to pass! Thank-you for any advise you can give me.:)

We are 4 "girls";)who have been close friends for the past 5o years and are this year celebrating our 60th birthdays by taking our first cruise. We are going on the Destiny, April 20th. I have been reading cc the last year and have learned alot, but it looks like most of you wear dresses on the "formal" nights and we were planning on wearing the formal wide leg silky pants with dressy tops. Is this ok, we don't want to look out of place. We are very excited and can hardly wait for the next 66 days to pass! Thank-you for any advise you can give me.:)

I have never sailed on the Destiny but IMHO you will be fine with the outfits you describe.

Have a wonderful time!:)

Hi Girls,

I've worn both dresses and pants on formal nights. Truth is, you will fit in no matter what you wear. There wil be people dressed to the 9's and there will be peoplein jeans....The important thing is tht you feel pretty. Don't worry about anyone else.

Enjoy your first cruise!

First, I want to say I think it is wonderful you have friends

for 50 years:)

Not all of us are that lucky and/or blessed.

Next, I think its terrific you are taking a cruise together as well.:)

Lastly, the outfits you are planning to wear will be just fine.

Wishing all of you a fantastic cruise.

I have never sailed on the Destiny but IMHO you will be fine with the outfits you describe.

Have a wonderful time!:)

Hi there,

I agree with Tomko2. So long as you are comfortable in what you wear you will fit in just fine.

I am sailing in a matter of days on the Queen Victoria, I look terrible in dresses and skirts. And i sure tried on plenty of long gowns in all price ranges! None did my ummm.... 'fuller figure' justice! LOL

So I am going to wear good black dressy pants with very formal camis with matching jackets. (And fancy high heeled shoes)

I want to be comfortable in what i wear and know i look my best.

So look Cunard, ready or not...here i come!!!!!

regards

Sharon

Thank-you everyone! We feel very blessed to have had this close friendship since grade school. We can't wait to go as we have been planning this for quite some time and I'm happy to hear our clothes will be appropriate.:)

That is so wonderful! I've never been one to take a formal photo onboard but I know I would want one if I were you.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Hi there,

I agree with Tomko2. So long as you are comfortable in what you wear you will fit in just fine.

I am sailing in a matter of days on the Queen Victoria, I look terrible in dresses and skirts. And i sure tried on plenty of long gowns in all price ranges! None did my ummm.... 'fuller figure' justice! LOL

So I am going to wear good black dressy pants with very formal camis with matching jackets. (And fancy high heeled shoes)

I want to be comfortable in what i wear and know i look my best.

So look Cunard, ready or not...here i come!!!!!

regards

Sharon

Sharon, have a wonderful cruise; sounds like you will be very elegantly attired! P.S. You will be too busy to be seasick.:)

Kathy:)

Archived