Transfers Harwich to Heathrow

eandmburke

We used Adelphi Executive Hire. Google them for contact info. Darren Parsons was delightful to work with. The cost for four of us was less than the cost of transfers to the airporrt. We did not do any sightseeing. There was a great deal to keep us occupied at Heathrow Airport as we waited for our flight.

We are considering a private transfer from the pier to the airport for 4 people..with maybe a little sightseeing as we need to be at the airport around 2pm...any suggestions for companies and sights? please email eandmburke@aol.com

What time do you get into port? If you need to be at the airport for 2pm you won't have very much time to see anything on the way. If your flight is at 2pm you'll need to be there much earlier.

Windsor is right next to Heathrow and well worth a visit if you have the time but what would you do with your luggage?

I need transfers for seven people from A/P in London to Harwich for a cruise in Sept. The cruise company wanted $100 pp one way. Any ideas ???

Sounds like a decent deal. It's a 100+ mile drive. Harwich is 40 miles NE of London, Heathrow is 20 miles W of London. However, the best thing you can do is get a group of people together from your roll call.

We used Woodford Chaffeur Cars several yrs ago, as did clients of mine and they were wonderful. The e-mail address is cherylfinch4@aol.co.uk.

Ditto, they are fantastic and will work with you. For our upcoming Independence of the Seas transatlantic , they have made all kinds of arrangements for everyone. They have cars, vans, and even a 22 seater minibus. We have used them yearly since 2005 and they are wonderful. If you can share with another couple, the price gets better. Drop them an email and they will respond promptly.

I need transfers for seven people from A/P in London to Harwich for a cruise in Sept. The cruise company wanted $100 pp one way. Any ideas ???

We took the train from Harwich to London last summer. The stated rate was 24.50 GBP per person, but they offered a Group Travel offer that was 50 GBP for 4. There was a cruise express train that got us into London in a little over an hour. I don't know if they have the express from London to Harwich.

National Rail is at nationalrail.co.uk. There was a dropdown menu for Railcards and Other Discounts, look for Group Save. I don't know if they offer it for next summer. Also, the train station at Harwich (Harwich International HPQ) is right next to the ship, so no transportation is needed from the train to the ship.

• 3 months later...
We are considering a private transfer from the pier to the airport for 4 people..with maybe a little sightseeing as we need to be at the airport around 2pm...any suggestions for companies and sights? please email eandmburke@aol.com

We just got back from our Celebrity cruise and we used Adelphi Executive Hire for our transportation while in London. There were six of us and Adelphi (Phil) picked us up at Heathrow and took us to London. Four days later, Adelphi picked us up and drove us to Harwich so that we could catch our cruise. They were also waiting for us when we got back...and drove us back into London to catch the EuroStar for Paris. They were wonderful! It was so smooth and worry free. At both Heathrow and the cruise pier, the driver was waiting with a sign with my name on it. Because there were six of us, the price for all of this was much cheaper than if we had used the ships transfers. It was also great not having to worry about our luggage....it all went into the back of the van.

I would not hesitate to use Adelphi Executive Hire again. They were great! Betty

I too had a wonderful experience with Darren Parsons's company. We went from Harwich to Heathrow and driver was on time and wonderful. Darren emails often to see if we're coming back to the UK. Can't go wrong.

Bobbie

Just a heads up if you are using the trains on the weekend- when we were in Harwich about 2 weeks ago and on a Sunday- they were working on the trains and there was no service from Harwich at the terminal or in the town. If you are considering the train - do your homework. Enjoy

Another resounding endorsement for Adelphia. We had a party of 3 last year; & it was less expensive & much more comfortable than the cruise line's transfers. And as Bobbie stated, Darren was in constant e-mail contact prior to reconfirming all little details. He continues to touch base now & then (good PR).

Great to hear the resounding endorsements for Adelphi Executive Hire. I've booked them for LHR to Harwich transfers for our June 13 Constellation cruise. Darren has been incredibly prompt in answering all my questions and accommodating last minute changes. I'll let you know how it goes after our trip.

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Trans-atlantic cruise and landed at Harwich on a Sunday. There is no train from Harwich on Sunday morning. We had booked a ferry to Hook of Holland from Harwich online for 9am. It is only 49 pound and included train ticket to any stations in Holland. We had a great time in Holland and went to the Kaukauhof Garden and saw millions of flowers. The B & B (Soul Inn) we stayed at Delft is also great and only 60 euro per day. It is a cheap and fun post cruise vacation.

Angela

Archived