DW Won a Cruise Playing Bingo

meansun

The next day I played bingo and it was up to $6880. The first game she called 4 numbers and some girl won. The the next game she called only a few numbers it seemed and the same girl won. Good for her. Then some guy behind me won the $6800. I only saw one person win from the cards. It seemed all the winners were using the machines, my wife incuded.

I was playing the machines also last month, and I really like them. They made playing alot easier.

Laura

Wow, congratulations! That is so exciting!!

Thank you so much for providing the contact information. My mother is currently doing the paperwork for her free (5 night) cruise. She was wondering if you also have the phone number for the cruise redemption contact?

For anyone who has already done this: When you get a reply back, do they send the cruise documents as they would if you had actually booked a cruise? Also, how does she let them know her dining preference (main seating, large table, etc.) ? Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Wow, congratulations! That is so exciting!!

Thank you so much for providing the contact information. My mother is currently doing the paperwork for her free (5 night) cruise. She was wondering if you also have the phone number for the cruise redemption contact?

For anyone who has already done this: When you get a reply back, do they send the cruise documents as they would if you had actually booked a cruise? Also, how does she let them know her dining preference (main seating, large table, etc.) ? Thanks in advance!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=709265&highlight=anna+bingo

heres another thread with more info. I got my booking number from Anna who is already mentioned in this thread. then you can request what you want thru her - we upgraded to a GS - I sent my payment info to her then the cruise showed paid in full and I was able to just use the booking number like a regular cruise.

I copied everything and overnighted it to her...actually I sent her an email with my request of date and upgrade first then sent the certificate in overnight, keeping copies.

The economy really tanked for us and we would have missed our yearly trip if it wasn't for BINGO - although...I think I broke even. we would normally play $500 to $1000 on any sailing - and now its hard not to play after you get a taste of the winnings:)

I can't answer your question. I just wanted to say congratulations! I won a cruise 2 years ago by writing an essay that was later published in "Chicken Soup for The Travel Soul". Its a great feeling!

Have a great time when you get 'out there' again.

:)

Anyone?

They received her certificate 6 weeks ago and no response yet so it would be great if someone had a contact phone #. Thanks in advance!

Call the regular customer service number and ask for the Bingo Redemption Department. They will transfer you to Anna or Kenya. Most of the time you will get their voice mail. So far they have been very responsive in helping me make my plans.

I really wanted to use my free 5 nighter over spring break and take my great niece with us, but the 3rd person rate over spring break was crazy. We are taking it at the end of April.

They are pretty good about giving you the cruise you want and making changes.

Anyone?

They received her certificate 6 weeks ago and no response yet so it would be great if someone had a contact phone #. Thanks in advance!

I guess I didn't really answer the question. if it were me, I would email Anna right away with all of the information. she should respond within 2 days or so, she won't write back right away. your mom should put in the email exactly what sailing she wants as a request (I would also put the dining request in the email). Anna is fixing these requests times so many ships per week ?? not sure, but she is very nice and very busy, with a specific request I think you'll get a better answer. after the cruise is paid for in full (counting any upgrades) you'll get docs and luggage tags just like normal within 60 days or so and with the booking number you can make additions or whatever is needed. email me if you have anymore questions:)

I won a cruise on the 6/20/08 Radiance. They give you a coupon to mail in with your cruise choices. I mailed it the first of November but didn't hear anything by the end of December. I really had a hard time reaching Ana Marie at first, but was finally given her phone number by her

supervisor. The number is (954)628-9310, email is amarrero@rccl.com.

Since we wanted to take a February cruise I was getting anxious and to my dismay, Ana never answered and her voice mail was always full. She is a very busy person. I finally got through to her and was able to book. I also upgraded to a balcony for $150 plus $37.54 tax per person. After I paid for the upgrade, I received the packet in the mail like normal and didn't have any other issues. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip on the Adventure on Feb 22.

Words of advise for future winners - you must take the cruise within a year - I was told at first that I only had to book it within a year. You cannot take a ship in it's inauguaral year - like Oasis. There are blackout days and months and the certificate says that you cannot book prior to 30 days before the cruise. If you send it in 5-6 months before you want to cruise, it may take longer for a response as they respond to the cruises that are coming up first. Lastly, Ana Marie is very busy and tries to respond to all requests as soon as she can. Once I finally got ahold of her, she was very nice and accommadating.

I did tell Ana's supervisor that it would be nice if they put a contact person on the certificate and if they would be more explicit in how the process works. He informed me that I was the only person that was confused with the process!

Have a great cruise!

Congrats on your good fortune. My mum wond $100 dollars once and was delighted. But to win a cruise is a different ballgame. We will definitely play next month, hopefully the luck of the gods will be on our side as I have already picked the one after this, but it is hard to justify the spend in these times..

• 2 months later...
I won a cruise on bingo, but the redemption process is sucking!

Sent email to redemption personnel prior to sending in, sent in with certified mail in April, kept copies and received a confirmation from RCI upon receipt as well as a response that they had received through email.

Indicated that we would be having family attend as well and that we were going to upgrade. No responses since, though several emails sent since april trying to follow up. No responses from those.

I kept telling my family to be patient and that we needed RCI to confirm which of the three they pics they grant. Family is now most likely not going to go as it is too late to book, and prices have gone up.

Called today and RCI doesn't have us on record for redemption?! Copies faxed.

Been on three cruises with RCI and enjoyed all of them. The redemption process seems a little mysterious. I would still like to feel like a customer rather than a bingo winner cashing in a free ride. :mad:

Have since received a call from RCI and discussed quickly. The individual that called was very friendly and had since "found" our paperwork.

For others I suggest you use the phone to follow up. Email does not seem to be a good medium for discussion with the redemption center.

Archived