Samantha Brown- Freedom of the Seas Cruise

emdia43

STEVE-O,

At the L.A. Travel Show, someone asked Samantha if she would be doing more cruise travel shows. She said yes, there are cruise travel shows being planned. I recall that she mentioned Disney Cruise as one of the future shows.

Someone asked Samantha, "Do you have any kids right now?"

Samantha answered, "None that I know about"

Love all of those cruise specials. I have them all recorded. Radiance, Adventure, Voyager and then of course the two with Samantha (Brilliance and Freedom). I read on here that they are coming out with a new one soon and it was filmed aboard a Royal Caribbean ship. Can't wait to see it.:)

I set my DVR to record this when it came on several weeks ago, watched it and deleted the show. Last night, when i got home and turned on the tv to watch shows i'd recorded (The Amazing Race!), guess what was there? Freedom Of the Seas -- again! A nice little surprise :)

Apparently I set my DVR to record any Great Cruises shows being played on the Travel Channel!

Samantha also did a show on the Carnival Inspiration out of Tampa. That was my first cruise in May 2008. Our cruise director was in it - adorable Felipe from Rio De Janiero!

My sister and I are now booked for 10/10/09 on Liberty of the Seas. I've been telling my sister to watch for Sam's show on Freedom, as they are sister ships, and pretty much identical.

I have tried various avenues to try and obtain a copy of the Great Cruises: Freedom of the Seas. I have written the Travel Channel and have looked everywhere. Its just not available.... I am not the only one looking for this video.:(

Funny I should come across this, I got several copies from my travel agent! She ordered them from RCCL directly!!

Samantha Brown has really taken the crown as the preeminent TV travel guide! We've been wathching her since the early days of her career. At one point, I didn't care for her shows (a couple of years after she started appearing on Travel Channel) because she had an annoying (to me, anyway) habit of acting like a star struck rube every time she walked into a nice hotel or an impressive restaurant. You know, you're sitting there saying to yourself, "she travels for a living; she's seen marble floors and big bathtubs before, so stop gushing like you just left your small town for the first time, where running water was considered 'fancy.' "

Anyway, after a year or so of annoying me, she seemed to have got the memo that she needed to behave in a more cosmopolitan manner. Now, I enjoy her shows even more, because she seems even more confident and able to be her own witty self in a totally charming way.

Archived