Steak every night for dinner?

conjr

Does anyone know if you can still order steak for dinner in the Main Dining Rooms, even if it's not on the menu? At one point, CCL let you order filet mignon, but the offering changed to steak at some point. I am curious to know if they totally absolved that offering altogether.

I was on the Ecstasy last December and was very disappointed with the steaks this time. When I went 4 years ago there was a different steak offered every night. NOT THIS TIME. Flat iron steak was on the menu one night and all the rest of the nights it was offered as an alternative.....it was the only steak offered every night!!! My DS couldn't even chew his, mine was tender and my DH's was couldn't even be cut with his knife without effort......so we were very disappointed in the lack of choicesor rather no choice at all!

Does anyone know if you can still order steak for dinner in the Main Dining Rooms, even if it's not on the menu? At one point, CCL let you order filet mignon, but the offering changed to steak at some point. I am curious to know if they totally absolved that offering altogether.

I've always seen an alternate steak choice near the bottom of the menu along with a few others things that are available. Triumph in December and Liberty in January featured a most delicious Flatiron steak...cooked to perfection. In August, on Fascination, it was a Strip.....

Seems like you could get steak anytime you want it.

We had a older couple on our Conquest cruise who ordered steak every night, soup with those saltines that come in packages. All those crackers cracked me up, no pun. lol But they had the same steak for 7 nights in a row.

Yes you have heard about steak every night! But you can also get shrimp cocktail every night yes every night! :) pretty much you want a good steak go to the alternative dinning get the 24oz porterhouse wow yes it can cost extra but there are always ways to geter done for free!!!!:rolleyes:

Got off the Fantasy last week. I was a bit disappointed all around w/the food. Not bad, just not up to par. The flat iron steak was offered every night, as was the snapper. The snapper was not cooked enough, but I wasn't that hungry so didn't send it back. My tablemates did not care for the flat iron steak.

I agree w/mistyinca about the chateaubriand. I get it every cruise and have always been delighted....however, this time, it was four huge slabs of meat..lacking in taste, tenderness, and presentation.

The last evening, I ordered only appetizer, soup, salad.

You just can't go wrong asking the advice of your waiter. Last cruise I ordered snapper but my waiter suggested salmon. He was right, the salmon was better (I know cuz he brought me both). The previous cruise I ordered quail and my waiter snarled. I insisted and HE was right, it was horrible. Fortunately, he brought a seafood platter along and quickly swapped plates. When in doubt, ask those who know and you won't be disappointed.

Got off the Fantasy last week. I was a bit disappointed all around w/the food. Not bad, just not up to par. The flat iron steak was offered every night, as was the snapper. The snapper was not cooked enough, but I wasn't that hungry so didn't send it back. My tablemates did not care for the flat iron steak.

I agree w/mistyinca about the chateaubriand. I get it every cruise and have always been delighted....however, this time, it was four huge slabs of meat..lacking in taste, tenderness, and presentation.

The last evening, I ordered only appetizer, soup, salad.

i too found the chateaubriand not worth eating. had it on the conquest and it was tough as leather. one bite and i stopped. i also found the sirloin to be tough. the prime rib and filet mignon was to die for.

for a change try the pork chop that is offered. it is an easy 1/2 pound thick chop. tender and good.

Archived