Adding guests to our booking. Questions.

valancy1

Hi everyone!

I've never paid attention to anything regarding more than 2 people and the coordination of having more than 2 ppl on a booking. So here are my questions for those of you who might have had some experience in some or all of these different things:

1. We very well might be bringing my husbands older daughters (22 and 16) with us on our next cruise. How many of you have had the opportunity to share a cabin with 4 people and what were your thoughts about that, and (b) if you had kids in an inside room or adjoining room what would be your thoughts on this sort of experience?

2. How is it arranged--can this be somehow done on-line or just through the TA/PVP?

3. What sorts of things are there for teens to do--anyone have any sugestions?

4. Anything else we might need to know about?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

If you already have a booking and the rates have gone up, you might be better off making two bookings, even if you have to move one adult into each cabin for booking purposes. check out how much it would cost for two connecting cabins, vs having to change your booking to a quad. Im assuming you dont already have a quad booked, so you might have to redo your booking if you want all 4 in the same cabin.

What do you now have booked? And when .... the when might determine your choices for changing cabins too and what kind of rate (hopefully not early saver if you need to change).

What do you now have booked? And when .... the when might determine your choices for changing cabins too and what kind of rate (hopefully not early saver if you need to change).

We have a balcony on Lido, but we're open to moving to another deck. Our sail date is 9/12/2009. I have a military discount rate.

Thanks again :)

Hi everyone!

I've never paid attention to anything regarding more than 2 people and the coordination of having more than 2 ppl on a booking. So here are my questions for those of you who might have had some experience in some or all of these different things:

1. We very well might be bringing my husbands older daughters (22 and 16) with us on our next cruise. How many of you have had the opportunity to share a cabin with 4 people and what were your thoughts about that, and (b) if you had kids in an inside room or adjoining room what would be your thoughts on this sort of experience?

2. How is it arranged--can this be somehow done on-line or just through the TA/PVP?

3. What sorts of things are there for teens to do--anyone have any sugestions?

4. Anything else we might need to know about?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I've been in a cabin with my ex-finance and her two younger children (6 & 8) before and it wasn't bad. I didn't feel cramped but than again I don't normally spend a lot of time in the cabin. You do want to make sure that your cabin will allow for 4 people which you can check on-line. But if I were you, I would probably call the TA or PVP that you booked with since they will be able to provide you with all the details. My understanding is that as long as you're still staying in the same category cabin that you already booked, you and your husbands price will stay the same. But whoever you add will be charged the current fare rate which shouldn't be that much because the 3rd and 4th person in the same cabin are charged a reduced rate.

I don't know anything in specific that they have for teens to do but you can look on-line to see what they say about the HO2 (I think that's what it's called). It's part of the Camp Carnival that's for teens. At the very least, your 16 year old will meet other teens on the ship.

We were going to do 4 in a cabin until I figured out that it would only cost us an additional $90 for an 8 day cruise to have a second inside room. We have one directly across from our balcony cabin. Extra room, extra bathroom, just slip across the hall to come and enjoy the balcony. I am sure we will be happy with this setup.

When our kids were 14 and 8 we did a cruise with the 4 of us all in 1 cabin. We had an extended balcony and I really liked having a place to go that was separate from the kids because it felt very full when we were all in the cabin all together. It was difficult all sharing one bath, especially when we were all trying to get ready at once for formal night. We did manage, but for our upcoming cruise we are going with 2 cabins. The kids are 11 and 17 now.

Archived