Difference between E1 & E2 cabins/Mariner?

novalab

I was wondering what the difference is between an E1 & E2 balcony cabin on the Mariner. We originally held two E2 cabins but have been switched to E1 cabins. Both seem to have the same square footage. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I was wondering what the difference is between an E1 & E2 balcony cabin on the Mariner. We originally held two E2 cabins but have been switched to E1 cabins. Both seem to have the same square footage. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Why did they switch you. Many of the E2's are better located.

Why did they switch you. Many of the E2's are better located.

It was sort of a surprise to us. We reserved our original two E2 hump cabins back in Sept. with our TA. Yesterday, my TA contacted RCCL to inquire about the residence discount for our state on our upcoming cruise. Turns out, the price of our cruise had gone down several months ago & in the process of changing this, my TA thinks something between her & the RCCL rep got mixed up. RCCL released our cabins! They (the cabins) were gobbled up right away as the E1 cabins are all sold out on this cruise (RC rep told my TA this). There were apologies all around & the RC rep was able to get us into the two E1 cabins, one deck up, back on the hump like our others were. Our original E2 cabins were on the forward side of the hump & our new cabins are on the stern side of the hump. But the real deal clincher was when the RC rep applied another discount to these new cabins. This has helped us to get over the surprise(shock) of loosing our original cabins:o

On Mariner, E's on higher decks (8&9) or on a lower deck (7) but that adjoin, or hold 3-4 passengers, are going to be E1.

The ones that hold only 2 on deck 7, although they seem to be in a 'better' location (eg more midship) will be E2. Ones that are more forward but adjoining, or hold more people, will be E1.

Look at the deck plan and you will see what I mean.

Archived